The New Room 4x4 600w hps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tryguy2011

Reaction score
This is the new room. I am proud of it. I do not know how well it is going to work in the summer, for the winter it is great. As you can see it is in the attic, and is well insulated all around. It has been 95 in the attic with no problems in the room.
Here is the design: A 6'' duct comes from my closet ceiling(coolest room in house) to the lower side of the grow room. With the doors closed it makes a seal and a 160cfm fan pulls air from the high side of the room through a 33 can filter and pushes the air through an air cooled hood. I keep a fan blowing under the light, above the canopy. Temps are whatever i set the thermostat on in the day and 60 something at night right now. Oh yeah the room temps are controlled via a thermostat that turns on the exhaust fan pulling air out of room.

Sorry about the sideways pics

DSC03457.JPG

DSC03458.JPG

DSC03459.JPG

Ya it does look great I too grow in an attic summers are . . .. impossible lol. Imma try and take this summer off given i have enough meds to last.

Cute set up, pulling air through, instead of pushing through the air cooled hood is the only thing I would change.

I push through the hood. Thanks though. My understanding on this is to save the fan by not having the hot air go through the fan, makes sense.

Fat green mojo for the fat green buds. :cool:

Addendum: Subscribed, because I wanna replace my 430w with a 600w for my growroom, which is about the same size. Looking forward to more of your grow.

Yeah that looks good dude :) When it gets cloes to summer, you could put some reflectix on both the outside and inside to keep the heat out. since you are pulling cool air out of the house, it might make it through a summer grow. :)

In this run the air goes through filter/fan-3' of 6'' duct-light-4' of 6'' duct out of the room. There is not much duct. If in the summer I have temp problems I plan to upgrade to a 6'' 340 cfm fan.

No its not too hot, I can touch the back of my hand and hold it there. I compare it to the cooltube they had running at the hydrostore, it feels nearly as cool as that. There is bud about 4'' off the hood currently with no signs of any heat stress to the hairs or plant.

Latest posts

Back