GG#4 2014 LA Cannabis Cup winner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it's fine to pull stuff during the 2 week stretch.. really just read your plant. If bud sites are starting to develop a lot "thicker" and you know those hormone are really rippin' along, you may want to ease off the pruning.

Nice plant bro! I have been hearing a lot about the GG4, havn't seen it firsthand yet myself, but I put out feelers to get the cut. Pretty plant and I like the structure.

I hear ya about the SFV, that's what I have been smoking lately.

Nice plant bro! I have been hearing a lot about the GG4, havn't seen it firsthand yet myself, but I put out feelers to get the cut. Pretty plant and I like the structure.

Looking great Pj...Rock on!

That's me, sorry to pop in with my thoughts PJ, just wanted to add to the mix. :aok:
Cool

Ahhh I see, you're basing that off of post #18 right?

Usually, you get all your topping and cropping etc done, before the 14th (latest) day. He mentioned it's "past where he suggested" so no, he doesn't usually do that after I do not believe.

I get it now, dur me! :D :aok:
Actually the word topping should be removed completely. I am merely removing suckers that will pull energy from the plant and opening up the plant it's self. I do not remove leaves other than removing branches and lower growth.

I always thought you did that before placing in flower.......... so not to stress a flowering plant......... even thought it could cause hermies:shocked:........... at 2 weeks in flower he's not far from stretch ending on most strains........ and to be honest I would have pulled and tied down the top of the plant.
It is my standard practice to have pruning done prior to flowering however you have up to two weeks in to flower before you will set a plant back by pruning.

Hermies being caused by the process is a wise tail. I have had hermies in my lifetime 4 times and in Every case it was the genetic. That said I run computer controlled environments.

As for the term stretch, you'll have to explain that one to me. I have used LED's now for quite a few years and haven't seen stretch since doing so. All plant reach out in flower, but even with this very strain that is a known lanky plant I put on about 14" total since hitting the switch.

Yeah, it's fine to pull stuff during the 2 week stretch.. really just read your plant. If bud sites are starting to develop a lot "thicker" and you know those hormone are really rippin' along, you may want to ease off the pruning.

Not sure if you are taking something again out of context, but I have zero idea what you tried to say here.

I'd suggest again for anyone not understanding what I have said in the past to go back and re read what I said about pruning in my tips and tricks thread.

I'll agree it does look pretty good under LED's. Can't say the same about this strain under HPS. From what I have seen she is a real lanky mess.

Looking great Pj...Rock on!

Continuing to rock sir.

Day 49 pics.

View attachment gg4.gif

View attachment gg4-2.gif
Sorry for the late replies guys. Didn't know anyone had made any and I didn't check until I came in for the weekly update.

:farm:

It is a pleasure to follow along, Thank you for the dank PJ.

Where did boysenberry get the rosette structure? It is unusual to me.

It is a pleasure to follow along, Thank you for the dank PJ.

Where did boysenberry get the rosette structure? It is unusual to me.

She gets her structure from her mother Nepali OG and her frost and potency from her poppa Snow Lotus. The Boysenberry pheno I hold is an F3 that Bodhi was kind enough to share with me and I found during a pheno hunt. I got it back to him for possibly more work in the future, but we are pretty happy with this one.

I know she is all over the Bay area and one of my top dawgs for sure.

nice looking plants man! what r u currently feeding them for nutes & in mls per gallon?

I believe he's doing GH 3 part Flora using 6ml of micro 9ml of bloom and 1 tablespoon of Epsom salt (only for the first 3, or so, weeks of flowering)... per gallon.

Woo, I think I'm finally drilling this into my brain PJ :D

.....I think......

I believe he's doing GH 3 part Flora using 6ml of micro 9ml of bloom and 1 tablespoon of Epsom salt (only for the first 3, or so, weeks of flowering)... per gallon.

Woo, I think I'm finally drilling this into my brain PJ :D

.....I think......
Actually you are off, so not quite drilled just yet apparently.

1ml or Gram of Epsom per gallon for the first three weeks of flower, and I only use Micro and Bloom, Zero grow in flower.

This recipe is doctored to combat Coco coir and use a low enough food concentrate to allow it to work with LED lighting.

If you run with HPS I would go to the standard 8Ml of micro and 16 ML of bloom with 1ML of Epsom which is a good starting point to get you through the first 3 weeks of flower.

Again, based on using coco coir.

I will note that I re engineered the GH nutes to get a closely as I could to Lucas while also spiking the mag and sulfur that Coco coir uses up.

The calcium ends up being a little low, but to date I have not encounter an issue using the standard drifting technique.

You can pretty much say good bye to Calmag using this method.

1ml or Gram of Epsom per gallon for the first three weeks of flower, and I only use Micro and Bloom, Zero grow in flower.

This recipe is doctored to combat Coco coir and use a low enough food concentrate to allow it to work with LED lighting.

If you run with HPS I would go to the standard 8Ml of micro and 16 ML of bloom with 1ML of Epsom which is a good starting point to get you through the first 3 weeks of flower.

Again, based on using coco coir.

I will note that I re engineered the GH nutes to get a closely as I could to Lucas while also spiking the mag and sulfur that Coco coir uses up.

The calcium ends up being a little low, but to date I have not encounter an issue using the standard drifting technique.

You can pretty much say good bye to Calmag using this method.

so ty first of all for response. second is I flipped with micro/bloom/cm
remade res every 7 days on bloom/micro then new res at week 3 with some grow as some thing was locked out. but have res change 4 coming up and for week 5 of flower lets say, I don't have a date for flipped as had a lighting issue at flip.

Would u just drop the grow obv and just use the standard 8Ml of micro and 16 ML of bloom for finish?

I never said grow so I assume you're just stating the fact there.. also seems I was only off on the amount of Epsom Salt, ya? Thought it was 1tbs and it was 1 gram / ML. :aok: Drilled :D

again ty PJ, i am in coco coir so very usefulll info ty for the detail between led and hps

Glad for your posts DR, we learn as we live. i kinda thad thoughts of what he did rather ask then assume no pun inteneded

ty both for responses

and can't wait for next weeks pics PJ as we are almost there hehe go chat over other site here and there u guys

Would u just drop the grow obv and just use the standard 8Ml of micro and 16 ML of bloom for finish?

8/16 is is a good starting point which is the standard Lucas formula. It can work great in an HPS grow no matter the media used. The 1Gram of Epsom added is basically to just help battle the coco and eliminate the need for a Calmag product.

That said it is also very important to keep your PH in range and I recommend that you keep it from 5.7 to 6.2/6.3 on a ramp with the PH rising "except" when you are doing a fresh nutrient change out.

If one was to hand water coco I would suggest PH'ing to 5.9 and watering twice a day at 12 hr intervals.

Also keep in mind that the epson is used in veg based on 3 to 4 weeks, and the first three weeks of flower then stop. By this time the plant "should" have enough stored mag and sulfur in the media to last the rest of the grow.

I also suggest flooding every 12 hrs in veg., and twice in flower 1 time an hour b 4 lights and again in 8 hrs.

Thanks for following along.
:48:

8/16 is is a good starting point which is the standard Lucas formula. It can work great in an HPS grow no matter the media used. The 1Gram of Epsom added is basically to just help battle the coco and eliminate the need for a Calmag product.

That said it is also very important to keep your PH in range and I recommend that you keep it from 5.7 to 6.2/6.3 on a ramp with the PH rising "except" when you are doing a fresh nutrient change out.

If one was to hand water coco I would suggest PH'ing to 5.9 and watering twice a day at 12 hr intervals.

Also keep in mind that the epson is used in veg based on 3 to 4 weeks, and the first three weeks of flower then stop. By this time the plant "should" have enough stored mag and sulfur in the media to last the rest of the grow.

I also suggest flooding every 12 hrs in veg., and twice in flower 1 time an hour b 4 lights and again in 8 hrs.

Thanks for following along.
:48:

you make it sound so easy......... thanks for the info pj....:48:

you make it sound so easy......... thanks for the info pj....:48:

Honestly brother, it is easy. What makes it hard is when you listen to the nutrient people instead of a seasoned grower, or worse yet some noob that does not know his....

It's still key however to be ale to read your plants and know exactly what they need when they need it and not b 4 an issue pops up. That part just comes with time and experience.

Respects on the Glue, and nice looking out on the coco maintenance chores.

Well you never have a useless post I will say that. I am sure we all not just me, are very thankful for all the knowledge you post for us to take in. On top of that it's really nice of you to repeat the info when needed. Your a great grower and am glad to follow your thread :)

Latest posts

Back