Name your Nutes, and GH 3 PART nute question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use technaflora's bc boost, grow, bloom, and awsome blossoms. They have been good for me. I have tried the flora line and they worked but I like to change my 25 gallon res once a week and it gets much more expensive than the bc products. They both appeared to me to produce the same with no difference in taste or yeild. I grow dwc for seeds and veg, then flood and drain for flower.

Kasgrow I use the boost, grow and bloom, never tried awesome blossoms, does it make a big difference? Why the change to flood and drain to flower? In that dwc @ what height do you stop vegging, how many times do you top? and lastly what's your average yield per plant dry?

lax4wm said:
Kasgrow I use the boost, grow and bloom, never tried awesome blossoms, does it make a big difference? Why the change to flood and drain to flower? In that dwc @ what height do you stop vegging, how many times do you top? and lastly what's your average yield per plant dry?

I am not sure what difference the awsome blossoms make because I have always used it.
I change to flood and drain for flower because it is easier to move the plants around.
I grow them in dwc until they are anywhere from 6-12 inches, depending on strain.
I don't top the plants as I grow them in a sog. The plants stretch out to roughly double their size when put into flowering. The plants are usually bud from the base of the plant to the tip. From a 3x3 flood table I harvest an ounce or two every 2 weeks under 600 hps. I pull a few plants out and put a few new ones in.

Just curious.. anyone try FoxFarm as their hydro nutes?

I noticed they have a feeding schedule for Hydroponic systems on their site (link below) and they have a Grow Big Hydroponic that is a "special formula just for Hydroponic systems."

http://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/feedingfox.html

Fox farm nutrients are quite dirty and will leave a nasty film resedue in your rez, to date the best nutrient i have used is actually one of the most cost effective and simplest to use.

Ionic is great stuff, the basic stuff needed is grow bloom and boost, you don't have to mix up any nutrients its all done for you in the bottle at a strength designed for what we grow, it was formulated in holland and the same company also makes clonex.

Liquid silicon is the only addative i use as its the only one i've found to be beneficial, it helps to make the plants stronger and more resistent to problems.

I am running the same set up as you...using Ionic products and a Kool Bloom in the final phases. How is it going so far and what can I expect? So far, the Bubble Gum is short and bushy at 4 weeks and the HPP is taller and thin at the same week period. I feel, so far so good. Should I just leave well enough alone or intro something else? Temp is about 87 F and the humidity is about 55-65%...they look great at this point.

Buddha 65

I use the GH 3 part. My recipe was posted in this forum by Trillions of Atoms. The recipe works exceptionally well. If you have problems using the 3-2-1,1-2-3 ratios on the bottle, or the lucas formula is lacking a bit in N for your girls, might try this one.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22646

I am also a fan of the Lucas formula. A great way to grow plants, and it provides 100-100-200-60 of N-P-K-Mg, the suggested optimal ratios of minerals for MJ growth in all stages of development.
A little tip for you guys using the Floranova - You can duplicate the Lucas formula by using the Floranova bloom (no FN Grow required) at 8 ml per gallon. Gives you almost exactly the same nutrient profile as the 3 part Lucas formula.

buddha65 said:
I am running the same set up as you...using Ionic products and a Kool Bloom in the final phases. How is it going so far and what can I expect? So far, the Bubble Gum is short and bushy at 4 weeks and the HPP is taller and thin at the same week period. I feel, so far so good. Should I just leave well enough alone or intro something else? Temp is about 87 F and the humidity is about 55-65%...they look great at this point.

Buddha 65

I just use the ionic products grow bloom boost and a little liquid silicon to give them extra strength against heat and pests.

You will get difference between growth in different strains, thats why they different bro.

The way to a good yield is to keep the garden green:cool2:

Adam from th seeds said:
Finally, Any tips for our green fingered U.K. readers?

Great question, If a plant is healthy from the beginning, vigorous growth and bug free then the need of extra nutrients/boosters isn?t necessary then you will find out the balance of your garden, companies offering better results ,promises of better yield how are you going to tell if you don?t know how your garden grows with little or no aid from extra nutrients or boosters, also , before you put your garden into flowering from 18 to 12 hours give the plants 36 hours of darkness, by doing this it will reset the plants natural body clock. After the 36 (or anytime after 24 up to at the most 40 hours) the plant will go straight into flowering rather than adjusting from 18 to 12 which in some strains can be an extra few weeks then when the plant is finished give it another 36 hours this will reset the body clock again this time the plant knows it is finished and will push out all remaining energy into its last trichome production try it. There are so many different advices or tips that the only thing I can recommend is that you visit us here at Hempworks the next time you come to Amsterdam we are on the Nieuwendijk to the left of central station. Here you will find a great selection of Hemp wear, seeds and great glass ware as well as a good hit of sage! See you soon.

A quote from a magazine urging newbie growers to find out the basic requirement of a plant before trying to get too technical.

I too started with GH 3 part. I've since switched to Foxfarm liquid 3 part. Its really difficult for me to switch because it took me a month or two to get the GH right w/ out causing some sort of nute burn. I can never go anywhere near as close to the concentrations that most mfg.'s recommend. So again, the same thing is happening with these foxfarm nutes. If I follow their drain to waste schedule, the PPM of the last 4 weeks of flowering are like 1400 for me. My plants never need above 600-900.

The one thing I swear by however is AN's Big Bud.

i myself am an Advanced Nutrients kind of guy. I use their 2 part system. I used GH flora series before with good results but since i switched to Advanced, i love the results.

gh flora series,florolicious+,koolbloom,hygrozyme and very happy with it.that 36 hour thing aint know joke....wow

Mutt, is it normal to have a very thin layer of green algea in my E&F tray. I understand biology, but is it harmful algea? And when the water from the res is not flowing, can my HID dry out the exposed roots?

Buddha65

I think im just gonna go ahead and go with ionic grow/bloom along with the koolbloom. the guys at my local hydroponic shop said Ionic is very dependable and a few of them said they've been growing tomato =)
plants for 20 years and they could use anything in the shop but they all love the ionic system (which is actually on of their cheaper brands of nutrients)
but anyways,whatever works right-peace

massproducer said:
i myself am an Advanced Nutrients kind of guy. I use their 2 part system. I used GH flora series before with good results but since i switched to Advanced, i love the results.

I am in the same boat sorta... i like GH, but am thinking of switching oncethese run out. I am using the 2 part, but it's just kinda ... ok, nothing fancy.

I am a HUGE fan of the Dutch Master products. I use their calculator

http://www.dutchmaster.com.au/nutrient_calculator.html

and my girls just EXPLODE.... It can be spendy, but they seem to have it down to a science, and its worth the extra bucks to reap the amazing rewards...

edited to add: I go Aeroponic. It's all I've known, and can't imagine doing anything else.

hey fade i just recently witched to dutch master gold, from advanced nutrients. do you run full strenght or 3/4 on the flowering? that whole 1750 for 3 weeks is a lil scary... to me anyway. what additives do you use?

I used advance a+b and Max, and Potash during flowering. I didn't bother with silica or zone. Though I may try them out in my next grow. The calculator for Advance doesn't go over 1500. I may try gold out this next run. I would use 3/4 strength, 1750 seems a bit greedy to me.

Oh, and I've always wanted to try Liquid Light. Anyone have any experience with it?

Latest posts

Back