LordHighLama : Multi Strain Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a quick update on my sprouts...

checked on them last night and they were all looking good. My first three NL beans sprouted much quicker than the satori, but when I got home last night I checked on the other two and I was surprised that the sat had popped first.

So I've still got three satori in the little starter tray, I checked on them this morning and they will be transplanted into larger containers tonight.

As of this morning I've got 4 NL all sprouted and in containers, 1 sat in a container and three still in the starter tray, and two ak's and one bag bean slowly vegging

here's the pic's from last night...
little guys.jpg

sprouts.jpg
you can faintly see the little satori beans in the far right corner

blondeboy said:
Do those veggie nutes really work, because that’s a lot of $$ thrown away if it they don’t?

I've never used the dry nutes from FF so I can't say yet.
I'm a fan of liquid FF nutes though so I figured I might as well have the full complement of dry and liquid. :)
but that isn't just veg nutes, those nutes will run me though my entire grow.
Check out the FF feed schedule you'll see where the dry nutes come into play!

Ok since yesterdays pics didn't show my satori beans very well I though I'd give another quick update with pics.

I transplanted the three satori sprouts from the starter tray that I used for 3 NL and 3 sat. I won't make that mistake again, it was far to small,, I'll just start em' in there current size from now on. :eek:

sprouts without.jpg
Just after transplanting,, the 4 NL are on the left and the 4 to the right are the satori

group without.jpg group with.jpg
group shot keeps getting bigger soon I may need a wide lens. lol

bottom without.jpg bottom with.jpg
two little satori's front and center. :D

top without.jpg top with.jpg
NL occupies the back row and the front left.

lordhighlama said:
Just a quick update on my sprouts...

checked on them last night and they were all looking good. My first three NL beans sprouted much quicker than the satori, but when I got home last night I checked on the other two and I was surprised that the sat had popped first.

So I've still got three satori in the little starter tray, I checked on them this morning and they will be transplanted into larger containers tonight.

As of this morning I've got 4 NL all sprouted and in containers, 1 sat in a container and three still in the starter tray, and two ak's and one bag bean slowly vegging

here's the pic's from last night...
View attachment 115653

View attachment 115654
you can faintly see the little satori beans in the far right corner

I also place an saw-off "bottom" bottle over my plants until maturity. But I would suggest twisting the top off the lid for ventilation because plants have to breath too.

blondeboy said:
I also place an saw-off "bottom" bottle over my plants until maturity. But I would suggest twisting the top off the lid for ventilation because plants have to breath too.

I have just been pulling the bottle off once or twice a day for 5 or 10 min while I'm checking on the little ones.

Don I know you used this method,, how long did you leave the bottles over them?

Lookin good over there, should be a jungle in no time! What's the reflective stuff you have on your walls? Looks like it was folded a bunch of times. Can't be mylar is it?

i used plastic bags but same thing.
sometimes id wake up and it would be fully sprouted,
then id take the bottle off. sometimes id go in and see the sprout
just peaking outta the soil and take it off. so id say right when you see if come out its been germed and doesnt need it anymore
i love that germ method its simple easy and works every time.
i wont be messing with paper towels for germing anymore really :)

hum... interesting
sounds like I don't need the bottles anymore then.
There all sprouted, so maybe I'll pull them for good tonight!
But ya jbonez is the man for helping us lost souls out,
I still germed em' in towels but adding the water bottle on top made all the difference in the world for me.

MeNtAlPaTiEnT said:
Lookin good over there, should be a jungle in no time! What's the reflective stuff you have on your walls? Looks like it was folded a bunch of times. Can't be mylar is it?

Thanks mental,, I'm sure hoping my little jungle picks up soon.
That reflective stuff came from a first aid kit. It's a mylar blanket, I wen't that route cause it's dirt cheap!

i got 12 mylar blackets for $12 and i use spray asheasive to stick it to the walls or other plastic,
and there quite big!
so wheres the pics lama!?

swift are you smoking and posting again. lol
I thought we had you cured of that.
Gotta look up the page for yesterdays pics.

Didn't take any pics last night or this morning
only real difference is I removed all the bottles
but I must say they are all looking very happy and healthy.

Good to hear they are happy. I'd hate to find out you were abusing them, smacking them around the room and such. haha :p

well keep it on the hush hush, but I did accidently knock one over just after I transplanted it.
All the soil came flying out and the poor little roots were completely exposed.
repotted it and hoped for the best.
Been keeping an eye on it and it looks like it didn't hurt it at all. :)

ha you know me lama,im .soooooo stoned most of the time im surprised you even understand me!
looking good anyway
i know all about misshaps ive has another yesterday,i put pics up on my frist g.j
hopefully your little one will be fine.

well I finally made the switch from the spare room to the shop outside.
temps are a bit better in the shop and it gets more shade in the summer.
installed two of my t8 ballast's into a 10 sq/ft area, so I'm a bit worried about my lumens but the reduced heat is a nice plus. Each ballast will put out 11,200 lumens so I've got 2240 lumens per sq/ft.
gonna have to work on this but I am thinking of a way to get a third ballast in. :D Just trying to stay away from HID for veg cause it is alot of heat. Anyhoo I am digging the new setup, still a few things to do yet but I'm getting there. :rolleyes:

Got some clones today from my buddy,, took him a while but he finnaly came through. I got two ak and 3 fog
also I spoke with my other buddy that is suppost to be hooking me up with the cut of og kush and he said I should have it by next weeked. :hubba:

ok enough jabbering from me... I'm gonna post some pic's, take a rip and go make dinner. :)

ok nevermind pic's are going to have to wait, the darn attachment page won't come up for me so I'll try in a little bit.

clones.jpg
I've got 10 clones 5 are mine 5 are a buddies. He will be getting them this weekend once he gets back into town. I told him I wasn't going to plant them for him so hopefully they will last in those little starter pellets. :confused:

group shot.jpg
nice and organized. :)

lights.jpg
quick shot at the light setup. I'm still thinking of a way to get a third ballast in there... any idea's anyone?
All I've been able to come up with so far is putting one on the door side on hinges that I can hinge up and out of my way when I open the doors.

looking in.jpg
this is a shot looking in at the space, to the right is the doors for access. This is where I was talking about putting a swinging ballast in.

my clones.jpg
just separated my clones from my buddies

transplanted.jpg
now mine are all transplanted into soil and I gave them a good watering.

Latest posts

Back