LordHighLama : Multi Strain Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i never did use the mats and had roots showing out of the cubes in 7 - 10 days and some would take longer. my main reason for not using a heating pad or anything is that my domes are on a shelf that has a fluorescent light set-up attached underneath and the ballasts for that keep the shelf at a nice warm temperature. i think i would use a heating pad if it wasnt for that for the main reason being that out of all the material i ever read it says to keep the roots/cubes warm to speed up the process or to at least not delay it. i have seen them in my favorite grow and they are not too expensive..... and thats canadian dollars lol. good luck and happy growing.

I have a heating mat for the clones...It really dris them otu fast and requires a lot of spraying..What temps are your clones at? They may still root ozzy says he has had some take a whole month no point in throwing them away just keep em moist and try to keep them in the 70's of poosible..if you do put a heating pad I would put a towel or two in between for protection it can burn the roots...my mat cost around 50 and doesnt adjust the heat...

thx for the replies... I would say my clones are sitting right at 70 maybe just a smidge below due to the mistings they have been receiving each day. I guess I'll just keep waiting on them and keep em' moist. Can't hurt anyting at this point. Maybe I'll have to run down to the garden store this weekend and see what they have.

I found my reptile under tank heating pad at petsmart. $19.00
Petco has some for less I think.....

My clones are doing much better since I put the mat in. I was dealing with some cold nights and temps were staying around 69. With the mat I stay in the low 70's now and they all perked up.
Worth a shot for 20 bucks ;)

Well I've got some great news now, after only 21 days 4 of my clones have popped some healthy white roots out the bottom of my cubes. :rolleyes:

Now i just need to work on cutting that 21 days down a smidge. lol

I'm sure many things contributed to the slow root growth but I'm certain the cool temps were the number one problem. I still don't have a heat pad, but my new cabinet is built and they are in a much warmer climate now. I'm still working out a few kinks in the flower chamber, but I finally have flipped the plants over to 12/12 so we should soon be seeing what I'm working with.

Update 01/19/10

well time has passed and my sadness has lifted. I ended up with no female NL, and I'm down to two satori. One is a confirmed female while the other one is taking its sweet time to show sex. It's quite lanky and stretched the most out of all my plants during veg so I might just toss it even if it is a girl. I had 100% success with my clones, it just took a really long time for them to take in the cold weather. But again I had to toss all of them except for the two from my confirmed female.

So after I hacked and chopped away at all my hard work I decided I better take some more cuts off on my ONE girl I have. So I worked her over a bit and she gave me 7 healthy looking cuts as a reward. I have faith that this time my rooting time will be much quicker... or so I hope.

I "finished" my cabinet if you can ever really say it's finished. Still needs to be painted, and I need to find a way to latch my doors shut but other than that this thing is sweet. Very light proof, weather-stripping on both doors and I window and door foam to seal all of the cracks. I tell ya what when I shut the doors on this thing its a thing of beauty. :D

So that leads me back to why I feel my newest clones are going to root much faster. They are now housed in my new veg side of the cabinet and the lights in there are keeping the temps much nicer for my little clones.

Ok so lets see here, I'm gonna put down some dates to help with my sanity...

I flipped the lights over on Jan 10th
male plants removed from flower box on Jan 16th
clones taken from female satori on Jan 16th
first female clone planted into soil on Jan 16th

Ok with that out of the way lets get to the fun stuff, pictures....

macro_boy.jpg
Thought I'd start off with the sad news first... here is the macro of one of my exposed boys. The rest all look just like this, no need to show you them all.

roots1.jpg
First successful roots from cubes! :hubba: To bad this one was a boy. lol

roots.jpg
Here was my first successful roots from cubes that didn't get thrown in the trash. :)

success!.jpg
Here she is once transplanted into a fresh batch of black gold soil.

fresh_clones.jpg
a quick snap of my new batch of clones... all from the same female donor.

girlie_parts.jpg
pretty self explanatory here... my satori showing her stuff.

cabinet.jpg
a quick look into my flowering side of my new cabinet.

lone_female.jpg
her she is... looks kinda sad in there by herself doesn't she? lol ;)

I am so glad the wait paid off!!! I think my last cloens just werent given enough time....thanks for the update lama.

Wow dude :holysheep: that's some serious bad luck with your NL's. Hope your next batch of clones have a quicker turn around :farm:

yep, wasn't the greatest female/male ratio I've ever seen thats for sure. lol

I've still got a few NL beans in the stash so maybe one of them will be kinder to me. I won't be putting those in soil for a while though.

did they drug test you at work yet?

not yet 2dog... although it's funny u mentioned that, because last night I had a dream that they pulled me in to pee in a cup. Though for sure that was a sign that I was going to get tested today, but nope just a strange dream.

Congrats on the clones...warmer temps will cut your wait time down...although the strain can hve a lot to do with it as well...One of the reasons I keep my Paki around is because cloning it is a no brainer...it roots quickly and cares lil about it's environment...

Congrats on the female Satori! Don't be surprised to find the lanky, late one to go m a l e on you. Mine did and he waited a looong time. I want yours to prove me wrong and be a big 'ol girl.

thanks for dropping in benny and hamster
benny... I'm pretty sure its a big boy, but one can hope.
hamster... man I'd like to get me a strain like that. lol

Latest posts

Back