Black Domina and Blue Mystic indoor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, this morning I reversed everything. The almost-mature one and clone #1 are now in the greenhouse. I put the 4 new clones and the seedling Mint Choc and clone #3 in the grow room. I disconnected the second hps and the 120W CFL cluster because I have enough light with just one hps. Timer on 16/8 now.
I think I see the Mint Choc #2 breaking the surface, so that's in the grow room as well. So, potentially, 7 plants in the grow room. Too many. I'll tackle that problem when I come to it.
Found 10 seeds in the Black Domina cola I am sampling:D - good, big, mature.
So even if I can't maintain the strain through the summer temps, I can sow more seed in the autumn.

Inside the greenhouse. Tomatoes, Jackfruit, the sativa on the left, old Domina in the middle, the first clone of it on the right.

green.jpg

BD Clone #1 is 29" now and really motoring. It seems to have noticed the insulated container.

The sativa in its small pot has reached 22" and I am going to have to repot. Definitely going to take a clone. Planning to grow two of these in a sunny corner as a long-term grow. We'll see how she reacts being started so early.

The second Mint Choc seed sprouted but never really rooted properly, but the first one is doing well; I'll take a clone from her later on. So the plan for the next grow is 4 x Black Domina from clones, 2 x Mexican sativa, 2 x Mint Choc (AI x Oaxaca sat)

Growing conditions in the greenhouse were great today; I had to increase the ventilation because temps inside quickly rose to 36C. I stabilised it at 32C. I can see the plants love it in there.

The 4 new Domina clones are at 13 days old, but over a week of that time they were at 12/12 while I changed plans. I'll give them another week under the humidity dome and then start testing them. They are in the grow room under a single 150 HPS, 16/8.

Plant pics: the sativa, side on and from above; the Domina clone#1 in the greenhouse, two pics.

This is clone 2 of the Black Dominas, and the Mint Choc seedling, 13 days old.

(Later:) Took two clones of the sativa, because apparently the original is only on loan (!)
And repotted the Domina clone 2 in the square cat-litter bucket.
This grow is coming to an end: I will be harvesting the original Domina soon. Since the Blue Mystics have all been thrown away I'm going to call this grow effectively over.
I'll continue with a new grow, starting basis:

One Black Domina starting flower (clone 1, greenhouse)
One Black Domina (clone 2) in veg (grow room)
Three recent Black Domina clones (2 weeks, grow room, healthy) - one more not expected to make it.
One Mint Choc from seed (grow room) + greenhouse
Two Mexican sativa clones (new, grow room)

clone3.jpg

mintchoc2.jpg

Conditions in the greenhouse must be near optimum judging by what I am seeing. Growth rate in all the plants is better than anything I can get indoors, and I run about 7KL/ft sq indoors for both veg and flower.

Best possible conditions at the moment are 11 hours of daylight with 6 hours sunshine.

Over the last 4 days the weather has been very nice, with occasional showers but mainly sunny, going from a high of 21C to 27C today. I had to open an entire panel plus the door of the greenhouse to keep the temps to 30C inside.

It's fairly humid inside which is why when I:watchplant: the one in final flower, I was :eek: to see what looked like that cotton fungus :cry: in the bud. I gently separated the calyxes and it turned out to be strings and sheets of resin. :hubba: I'll try to get a macro tomorrow. Fortunately I already have around 14 seeds of this pheno, but I will maintain clones as long as possible. Just too good to miss.

I nearly forgot. I dropped the gr rm lamps and reconnected the 6" inlet fan. Also connected the 120W CFL cluster. Just running the one Domina about 22" and the various clones... I've got it at about 3 sq ft and 22K L, so that's enough for now I guess...

Latest posts

Back