The Chef Gets Wrecked!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the chef

A Bong Hog!
Reaction score
I got a couple of little jars of trainwreck and while sifting through this gloriuos bud i found two seeds. I germed this one about 48 hrs ago and she has a decent tap root, still using an assortment of cfl's, pro-mix soil, worm castings, king neptune and miricale organic fer nutes. Next to her is my last easyryder i'm growing outside the box. I got good size mediums fer both and hoping fer a good new year! Although it looks like a nute problem with the auto its just the way the lights hit it when i snapped the pics, Enjoy!

DCFC0001-1.JPG

DCFC0002-1.JPG

DCFC0003-1.JPG

DCFC0004-1.JPG

DCFC0005-1.JPG

I am pulling up a seat...hope the trainwreck beans stay stable and don't go sideways on ya.....GREEN MOJO...

Ty HL, not shown but when i pulled her from the germ pot her tap was almost a half inch long, feeling that mojo!

Hey Chef... I got front row seats for this one dude, lets see what
these babies can do..... hopefully some ladies :hubba:

i'm pulling up my milk crate for this one too, chef.... i'm with Hamster, hope they stay stable for ya.... looking good so far....

Yo Ho Chef,

I just finished flipping over my favorite 5 gal. bucket, and am sitting next to Chris and Lewis just :watchplant: I'm in...

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:cool:

Just out of curiosity, do you plant the tap root pointing down or up? I have heard it done both ways. is one better? I am watching, too. Trainwreck is a special strain. Kicked benny's butt many times, lol.

420benny said:
Just out of curiosity, do you plant the tap root pointing down or up? I have heard it done both ways. is one better? I am watching, too. Trainwreck is a special strain. Kicked benny's butt many times, lol.
It can be done either way but I like to put them tap root up so they make a U-turn down and then swing the seed casing out of the dirt thus removing the seed casing from the embryo leaves beneath the case...I don't let the tap root get very big when I germ them in paper towels or a glass of water...

I dug this up online:

The marijuana seed germination process for cannabis seedlings goes through distinct stages of growth and development. The timetable of seedling development is divided into six stages so check your seedlings to be sure that they follow the approximate time line described. Spot any problems early and remedy them in advance. Remember that the times given are approximate and will be altered slightly by such factors as temperature, humidity, etc. - but your seedlings should go through each stage close to the given times.
At germination the cannabis seeds cases split, but the two halves remain together as the primary tap root emerges from the pointed end of the marijuana seeds. The developing embryo leaves remain protected under the soil by the seed case around them. The primary tap root curves as it emerges from the seed casing and undergoes rapid growth during this period as it seeks to go straight downward into the soil.
Approximately 48 hours after germination the tap root has grown to about 1.5 inches and the primary root growth slows as fine lateral roots begin to develop. Cannabis seeds shell covers the embrio under soil layer.
cannabis-seedlings.gif
Between 72 to 96 hours from germination, a fine lateral root system has started to develop just beneath the soil surface. The seedling concentrates its remaining energy into forcing its way above the surface and exerts pressure to crack the marijuana seeds case and cast it off when it emerges.(see ilustration stage 3)
The seedling stem begins to stand erect on the fifth day. The marijuana seeds casing is cast off or has remained at the soil surface when the seedling emerged. The embryo leaves are now spread out. These leaves are oval in shape and look somewhat smooth. They should be a yellow-green color when they first open and have a moist, waxy appearance. The seedling will turn to orient the embryo leaves to the light source.(see ilustration stage 4)
Photosynthesis has begun and the embryo leaves have become more green in color. The stem below the embryo leaves grows steadily from day 5 to day 10 and should reach the height of 1 to 1.5 inches above the soil surface. The first pair of simple foiliage leaves will develop during this period. They will appear at the center of the embryo leaves and be oriented at right angles to them. The foliage leaves are slightly oval, elongated, and are distinctly serrated. The stem now lengthens above the embryo leaf pair. The second and third pairs of foliage leaves should appear by day 12.
The embryo leaves, which have functioned as food storage organs for the emerging seedling and have started photosynthesis for the young plant, are no longer required and will begin to turn yellow, wither and fall away during the early part of the third week of growth. A fine lateral root system has developed beneath the soil surface to bring nutrients and moisture to the young plant. The seedling is now well on its way to becoming an adult cannabis plant.

420benny said:

I cant find the post here But it shows the tap root going up and wrapping around the pod and back down..then the Head pops..when I do seeds and germ by paper towel method when seed pops It is buried pointed up...just my thaughts...

chef...didnt think I'd miss this ...Did ya? :48:

got my crate..i see an empty corner over ther:bolt::watchplant:

as for the tap root up or down, I've done both ways and haven't seen a diff either way. Seems that they will still break soil in the same amount of time so long as you bury them around the same depth.

oh and chef hope u don't mind if I pull up a seat next to 4u.

WOW! A man can also be measured by the friends he has! What a response!
Chris: the front row is yours bud, I got a good feeling abut this one.
Fleshstain Pull up your crate hubba! I think this will be one of my best!
The Mighty KingK Front row seats and all the brownies you can eat!
Benny Hey bud! I plant the tap root down and i germ in soil. Just works out better fer me that way? Good question.
Hamster L Damn good answer! Saved that info on cd hope you don't mind but that is some kick butt info!
Smoke! I knew you'd be around brother:48: No need for a corner grab a seat next to the rest of the crew! P.s. Still waiting on pics from yer candy grow.
Lord Llama Always, I say always room fer a fellow farmer.
Thank you all fer the wonderfull response i can't wait till she get's big!
:48: :48: pass it around the room!

the chef said:
Smoke! I knew you'd be around brother:48: No need for a corner grab a seat next to the rest of the crew! P.s. Still waiting on pics from yer candy grow.
:48: :48: pass it around the room!

Ill stay in my corner chef...thanks..i aint shareing my Purple frosting...its all Mine..mine mine...:p

:watchplant:

:D

:bong:

Uh, I got my tall bar stool to :watchplant:eek:ver the crowd up front:hubba:

Don't mind me, I'm just sittin back here :bongin: and :48:

Boy, I just don't get how you guys can plant these seeds that you find in good stuff that should be sensimillian. They are almost certainly a product of the plant selfing. Jeez, I wish you would just throw all these hermie seeds away....

IMO, this is a big part of what is causing more hermies. Years ago, hermies were not nearly the problem that they are now.

Depending on how you grow THG, some turn out fems and if not your missing the greatest thing you can do with hermies....HASH!

The Hemp Goddess said:
Boy, I just don't get how you guys can plant these seeds that you find in good stuff that should be sensimillian. They are almost certainly a product of the plant selfing. Jeez, I wish you would just throw all these hermie seeds away....

IMO, this is a big part of what is causing more hermies. Years ago, hermies were not nearly the problem that they are now.

Years ago all the weed I saw was seeded, so it all could have all been hermi. Seems to me that no one really cared, or understood the difference it would make. Now there is much more focus on growing, so things like hermi are all the rage. Hermi's are a defense mechanism that the plants use to propagate. All landrace strains will show this trait, some may be more sensitive to stress than others, but that gene is still there. To remove it completely from the gene pool would be a mistake IMO. It's there to help protect the species.

I'm somewhat late but make room guys!
I guess I'll sit on the floor-no extra buckets-lol
I have never tried trainwreck-very interesting.
Good post Hamster :)
Oh yeah Chef-back to ya man..

:48:

:)
Gb

FTC, UMBRA, Geezerbud, Gotta get more seats fer my buds! Ty fer the advice umbra and i remember that time when as long as it smoked it didn't matter how many seeds it had in it , of course we now look for sensi, but i believe you can turn out some kick buttt hash and a little smokeable, No one like the idea of using fresh bud fer hash so i thought what about hermies? NO one has a problem destroying hermies. All are welcome in the chef's house, i gotta find geezer a bucket.

I cannot wait to flower and clone my TW clone..

Latest posts

Back