Spider mite control, preliminary report.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rosebud

I have only used this for two weeks so this is very early for a report but I am excited.

This is Sierra Natural Science 209, All Natural systemic pest control.

The 16 oz size I got was 20.00 and makes 60 gallons. I think that is cheaper then what I have been using.

It "repels" spider mites, white flies, fungus gnats and thrips. I have no idea what it does to the beneficials in the soil. It is made of rosemary oil and extract and a tree extract that may be the surfactant called Quilaja Saponin..

I called the company and asked why it wasn't labeled organic and they said they " haven't jumped thru the hoops or paid the fees incurred with that"... Is that **? I don't know.

I am very amazed and happy with the results. See for yourself, and I left some damaged leaves on for you to see. I think it is damage from using this on seedlings, but they came out of it. I used it on clones, seedlings, and flowering. It needs to not be used 20 days before harvest or your dank will taste like rosemary. The worst leaves affected were on the seedling Master kush.

I have looked and looked with my loupe and have seen nary a mite. It seems to kill the eggs as well as they look like yellow spots with a small brown dead thing in the middle.

I would like to know that this product is safe for my living soil, if it is, i am thrilled. DSCF1833.JPG

DSCF1834.JPG

That is great news Rose.

How many watering's did it take before you noticed a difference?

2 Waterings. It is weird, they just disapear. They leave. They aren't dead on the plant. The eggs in the fan leaves are dead. So where did they go? I did 3 treatments with regular watering, now have rested for 2 waterings. I see no more, but I am going to treat once more.

Duck, what do you think about the oil in the dirt for the microbs?j

At 0.23% that should not be enough to do anything, that is a really small amount plus it is getting further diluted when mixed with water.

I would be more concerned with what amount of humic acid is used and what does it do to the pH.

Have you checked the pH of the solution before using?

thank you Rose, I've been looking for a safer alternative then trelomethrin bombs. If I encounter SM's will definately try this.

Duck, I don' t ph so, I am sorry but I don't know.

7g, I hope you don't ever need this info.

Probably does not matter since you are using so little per gallon

The thing that excites me so much about this product, is there is no spraying. I think the sprays are only as good as the most patient applier. And then repeating and changing over and over. Non of that, unless they get used to and immune to rosemary.

Is humic acid one of those things that I thought was good till i read true living organics? Or has it always been bad?

Rose, humic acid is still good, I just do not like using a whole lot of it in any liquids I add to the water. I would rather use it as an amendment when recycling my soil prior to cooking.

Oh, Rose, I've dismantled whole grows before because I WILL not compete with insects. I clear the room, clean the room and extermination with great prejudice is usually what I do. Otherwise you're fighting an uphill battle until one of us falls ...lol...

personally ive been growing in the same rooms for 2 yrs, ive never once had a prob with bugs.
i think its how you do things, my room is always clean, never do i take in clones or od plants. i also change b4 going in my room. i never garden od & then in my room, i neveer let my pets in my room and last yr i stopped using neem sprays to see what happens, no bugs! i run from seed then find a mom & clone from her. i will use neem sprays in summer cause bugs could get into room then.
keep clean & dont take clone or let anyone in ur room. be safe & dont talk either

Roddy, you have been lucky. Hope it lasts. I don't use neem.
I have a window in my grow, outside that window is an organic yard. There will be bugs. My animals don't go in my grows and I don't know why I am explaining all this to you.. Spider mites happen.

Update: I was using the wrong amounts. It is only 1 teaspoon per gallon. I got a little fan leaf burn on Satori and a kush, the others show no problem. I am still very happy with it.

So you've never used Neem Oil Rose? I saw it used in one of the series I watched, and it seemed to work great, and also seems to be Organic.

Just curious :) Cheers on no bugs!

I don't care for neem Ellis. Thanks for stopping in tho. I know a lot of people like it.

Hi Guys,
I would think that Diatomacious Earth would
kill off spidermites rather quickly. I have never used any chemicals, as I prefer pest control using ladybugs, praying mantis, or maybe even a spider, or two.
Any thoughts on the Diatomacious Earth ? It's just plankton skeletons ground to a fine powder. It does wash away, but then I have only used it on my soil, not on my plants themselves...

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:icon_smile:

Hi King:ciao:

I have used DE in my soil inside and out. I have also dusted my outdoor girls while they were still vegging. But I would never dust any girls once they start budding. I do not want to take the chance on inhaling any DE.

Not sure about the mites, if the DE would slice them up or not? I wish I and/or you would have thought of this a week earlier. I could have ran a test, as I had both:( But now I am down to one and I still have plenty of DE:)

Latest posts

Back