ever use this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeydean

Reaction score
Pure Insect Frass, a 100% natural fertilizer, is a great way for gardeners to give their plants the nutrients they crave. Low in sodium and chloride, this water soluble nourishment can be used in a variety of ways, including as a hydroponic additive, a compost tea extra, as a foliar spray, a pre-mix for soil or potted plants, on row crops and raised beds, or as a root drench

Also said somewhere that it was a natural insecticide.

anyone ever tried it?

sorry bro..couldnt help..but didnt want to be the 30 peep to view and didnt even say hello

:ciao:

:48:

Well, it is basically insect poo. So, I would guess that it is not miracle product, but probably provides nutrients much in the same way that bat poo, chicken poo, worm poo, etc do.

I didn't see it mentioned as an insect repellent.

Well truth is... Said somewhere was youtube:eek:

The video was for _onstergarden. Something about when the bug poo was watered in it became like a poison for mites and such..kinda made them melt, so was said. Just checkin you know still wanting to learn;)

Try it out on a plant or 2 and see how it does. Thats the best way to know if it has any worth or not imo.

found this!

Insect Frass naturally contains the nutrition plants require, beneficial micro-organisms, and the only immediately plant-available source of chitin (pronounced “Kite-in”). Chitin fortifies a plant from the inside out, causing an "auto-immune" response that signals a plant to produce natural toxins which fend off its natural enemies like pests and fungal pathogens. The EPA says that chitin and chitosan (see FAQ's) defend against botrytis (grey mold), powdery mildew, early and late blight, fungal pathogens in the root zone (root rot) and root-feeding nematodes. Insect Frass does NOT cause a plant to kill beneficial insects or beneficial nematodes.
https://www.mjp.com/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif Quote

Not buying it. Frass is the chewed up and spit out wood particles of most insects and not poo. I call ** and say its snake oil.....

I heard it's a very good organic product. (2-2-2)...I make all my own medium and nutes, and am going on what I was told by organic growers I've been grinding with for years...may give it a go myself just so I got the rest of the story...;) peace...

just to follow up on this, other than N,P,K, it is loaded with secondary nutrients, especially calcium, as well as micro and trace elements. its made up of excrement from herbiviore insects that are fed vegetables, cactus, and wheat bran...

what I understand is that the exoskeletons get in the blend when sifting the excrement thru screens of same size as poo giving off a gold metal flake appeal. these exoskeletons are made of of not only minerals like N, Ca, K, Si, etc...but they also contain Chitin.

Chitin first will have your beneficial microbes producing an enzyme called Chitinase, which is also released by plants as a natural defense mechanism, which will help with insects, and actually helps make your plants step up trichome production.

your beneficial fungi will love to eat this stuff, as chitinase is usually made by fungi, and that's one of the components, larger components, of what makes up the exoskeleton, and won't be broken gown without it.

it's possible that insects also have beneficial microbes, enzymes, etc...

this is a great ingredient for your soil mix. and presents well in teas...

that's the skinny I got as quoted by half-step...peace...

Latest posts

Back