flower drop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondlebanese

Reaction score
I'm experimenting by growing a tomatoe plant among the cannabis. the light is on 24/7. the tomatoe plants flowers are dropping off as they open. any clues? why is it flowering without going thru the 12/12 light cycle?

Tomato plants aren't like cannabis plants. They require a dark period to produce healthy fruit. Running your lights 24/7, while great for cannabis is harmful to tomato plants. If you really really want to grow tomatoes with cannabis you will need a 18/6 light cycle. However, 18/6 will cause cannabis to stretch more than a 24/7 light cycle.

I bet I have said that a hundred times--tomatoes are not cannabis. Plants are rated in different classes and not all plants react the same to the same environment. For instance, cannabis does not need a dark period during vegetative growth, some plant do. Some plants require a dark period of 12 hours to flower, tomatoes are not one of them, but cannabis is. So basically, cannabis and tomatoes are different class of plants and do not grow and flower under the same conditions.

Why not you consult with a person or firm that providing gardening services hope they will help you more.

Heat will cause Blossom Drop. I know i live in Texas.

I grow tomatoes outside. They are nice to have during the summer. Tomatoes need bees to pollenate there flowers so they can make tomatoes. So unlike MJ they need to be pollenated.

I have never had to pollinate my Tomatoes, ,,my Catalope i have though.

I have a hydro greenhouse where i grow tomatoes cukes peppers lettuce etc... first of all the flowers can fall for more than one reason, and ime, they can tolerate much more heat than mj. one sure occurrence where flowers fall off is the excess of nitrogen, tomato plants should not be dark green to flower nicely, and i have seen them loose almost all their flowers because of that, and ended up with a jungle of leaves. in fact it was very cold too, so maybe cold temps also contributed. otherwise, tomato plants will overgrow your weed and it's a bad idea to plant them indoor near mj. most varieties that are in market don't need any bees. cukes need bees.

Right. My Whoppers and Husky Cherrys Reds have never had a problem with fruit. Got plenty,, they slow down when it gets in the high 90s snd triple digit weather we get around Dallas In the summer i use a screen and dont have Blossom Drop anymore.

Latest posts

Back