is it ok to use baking soda?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funkfarmer

It's growing like a WEED!
Reaction score
Hey gang, Is it ok to use baking soda to raise ph in a DWC set up?

I wouldn't do it myself. A liquid is less likely to "chuck" up later on. That and I'm not sure what composes baking soda.

Little bottle of ph up is a few bucks. Cheap peace of mind in my opinion.

Buy DRY GH ph up and down on ebay. Those little tubs will last you a couple of years if you plan on growing again and again and they arent that expensive.

i had already used baking soda before i posted here, and now some of my fan leaves are browning and look very dry. Home remedies SUCK, dont try this at home kids.

I thought that I replied to this but i guess not... The biggest problem with baking soda is the soda or sodium(Na). This will cause a lot of problems including but not limited to; Very high salinity aka toxic salt build up, haywire PH and TDS readings, and the worst nutrient lock out because of menerials perciprating out of the solution.

Trust me, I would rather leave my ph too low, then add baking soda. Even flushing with tap water would be alright as tap water is usually around 7 on the ph scale.

Latest posts

Back