Losing my soil girls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hushpuppy

Dr MadBud
Reaction score
So about 5 days ago I got some Pineapple Chunk clones from my bro. I got 6 plants out of the cloner which were solidly rooted and doing fine. I put 4 of them in coco/hydro and 2 in organic compost soil. Everyone was doing ok the first 2 days then the soil girls started going down like they were hot and dry. watered them like normal but noticed the soil was not unusually dry. The coco/hydro girls are doing fine but the soil girls are nearly dead. I doubt they will survive and not sure why. leaves are dry and crumbly without yellowing off. Here's a few pics of both sets of girls: :( :confused: What do suppose I have done wrong?

Pineapple chk8-20.JPG

Pineapple chk8-20a.JPG

Pineapple chk8-20b.JPG

The organic compost was too hot IMO That small a plant is not big enough for a composted or Super soil.

:yeahthat:

When I transplant clones using ss I put a layer of ffof or something similar surrounding the transplant, so that I do not burn them up. The roots will then grow into the ss when they are ready.

That's what I was thinking but I didn't see the typical signs of burning and that threw me off. I should have known that before I put them in it but I was thinking that the microbes in the soil would protect the plants.

Thanks guys :)

ozzydiodude said:
The organic compost was too hot IMO That small a plant is not big enough for a composted or Super soil.
:yeahthat: :hairpull:

I recently did exactly the same thing. Added a goodly amount of Espoma, got distracted and added a second goodly amount.

Totally burnt within 3-4 days. It happens.:icon_smile:

Wet

When plants are that young they are not strong enough to live long enough to show any nute burn signs

Yeah that makes sense. :doh: I swear, everytime I learn something new, it reminds me how much I don't know

But just think how much more you know now. Sorry that happened.

Thirty millisecond after Thinking to yourself "I know everything" , you find something you didn't know

That is also the great thing about growing, it is such an adventure. :D

Yep, Compost was too hot....nitrogen levels are very high in compost. You can mix some in with bigger/healthier plants, but the youngins die :)

My compost gets so hot, it smokes in the winter time.

Glad i read this post.I have allready started gatherin supplies to graduate from Miracle Grow to organics.Gonna start testin my water to.I wont be happy untill my indoor looks as good as my outdoor.

If you can find "Cow Peat" I highly recommend using it for your bigger plants. I have been using it to make tea for my organic trio and they seem to do really well with it :)

Hushpuppy said:
, it reminds me how much I don't know

AMEN Brother....Best of luck...

take care and be safe

Hushpuppy said:
If you can find "Cow Peat" I highly recommend using it for your bigger plants. I have been using it to make tea for my organic trio and they seem to do really well with it :)

best weed i ever smoked, was grown by a rookie, using miracle gro and fresh chicken poo. has anyone given chicken poo a fair shot??

i bought some (25) lbs., organic, composted, chicken poo for $ 10. or so, but have not tried as yet. next grow.. :) also saw a utube on organic grows. the gentleman said of all manures, chicken **** works best for general gardening. for what thats worth..

Newbietoo said:
best weed i ever smoked, was grown by a rookie, using miracle gro and fresh chicken poo. has anyone given chicken poo a fair shot??

i bought some (25) lbs., organic, composted, chicken poo for $ 10. or so, but have not tried as yet. next grow.. :) also saw a utube on organic grows. the gentleman said of all manures, chicken **** works best for general gardening. for what thats worth..

as long as the place where your getting your **** from is reputable. bad **** can be detrimental to your grow.

The thing with chicken poo is that it is very high in nitrogen. If you are growing outside and you want to grow trees, the poo is too much for MJ. For most of us growing inside, that much nitrogen is way too much and will cause your inside grow to turn into the "little shop of horrors". :D

Latest posts

Back