THC's House of Green

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoHighCrimes

Organic Mechanic
Reaction score
Hello fellow growers and connasuers !

I have a small Greenhouse grow which i would like to share with the crew here at MP . I will try to detail this grow as best i can so that any future growers that wish to design and or build there own GH may gain a few pointers from the mistakes that i will make during the next 5 months .

I have had a bad run with getting started this season due to work commitments and also a bad batch of cheap seeds which has encouraged myself to spend a bit extra on seeds next year to achieve better results .

That said i have one bubblegum female plant (fem seed) and 6 regular uk cheese plants which i bred myself 3 years ago and after attempting to crack 20 seeds i have 6 which have germinated and seem to be happy at this point in time Pics will follow

My Medium for this run is SOIL/COIR/SAND and will be 100% organic from start to finish.:icon_smile: PICS will follow very soon .

OK ladies and gents ,

My GH is 3m x 3m x 3m and i am hoping to get 4 female plants in total but mother nature will have the final say and give me 5 because its my birthday next week .

The soil is all Australian brands and it consists of 1 x25kg bag Richgro organic compost mix 1 x 25kg bag searles 5 in 1 mix containing worm castings , mushroom compost , chicken **** , cow manure , and i think it is sheep manure as well but i cant be sure .
I also added 1 x 25kg bag of chicken **** searles brand as well
90 litres of premium coco coir flushed 3 times with ph water 6.5ph and the final flush had some fish ferts and liquid kelp, dolimite lime crushed, and about 150grams epsom salts added to add some goodness to the coir (whatta hassle ) but the passion never dies .
During this grow i will be bubbling my own compost and worm castings with my air pump and feeding the plants as neccessary .
Extra epsom salts added due to the cations in the coir it holds mag and is greedy occasionally.

OK peeps i have figured out HOW TO . Damn i miss picasa ..lol

PC260938 (800x600).jpg

PC260936 (800x600).jpg

PC260941 (800x600).jpg

So I have 22 sheets of polycarbonate laserlite plastic for the walls and roof yet the wall nearest to the house will be corrigated iron painted white to reflect the suns rays back onto the plants as i think that sun shining through the sheets is a waste of good light . Construction is still taking place due to getting a late start but i am sure that 5 months will provide a decent grow and my average day temps are 30 celcius .
The shade cloth may also be useful to help keep temps optimal yet i also have designed my own cooling system wish is fully automated and i believe that temps will not be a problem even in 50 celcius temps i have a grow lush temperature sensor which will switch a water pump "off" and "on" at desired temps .

The water pump will be mounted inside a 200ltr water barrel with the side cut out of it .
The barrel will be covered with shadecloth on the inside so the the pump will pump water over the mesh and create cold air from under the house so that my 300mm or 12 inch centrifugal fan can then feed colder air into the GH . Ice will be added to the water on extremely hot days as well. The centrifugal fan will be mounted on top of the barrel and will be fed into the GH with ducting .

PC260942 (800x600).jpg

PC260945 (800x600).jpg

PC260952 (800x600).jpg

PC260950 (800x600).jpg

Heres my femmed bubblegum plant @ 18 days old and my 6 uk cheese plants @ 7 days

PC260939 (800x600).jpg

PC260940 (800x600).jpg

So organic is the word and worms are being feed various fruits and vegetables to achieve high nitrogen for 1 worm bin and high potasium and phospherous to achieve high flowering nutes in bin 2 .
I also have organic unsulphered blackstrap mollasses to feed the microbial herd while bubbling the worm tea and my plant was fed this 3 days ago and trust me. It works well IMO.
I'll prove it as we grow along
I also add a bit of fish ferts/Charlie carp and liquid kelp/ seasol just to ensure that they are happy plants.
The worm farms produce nutes and when bubbled the soil comes alive.
"And you get out... what you put in" . In my experiences :)

PC260953 (800x600).jpg

PC260954 (800x600).jpg

PC260943 (800x600).jpg

Oh and the bubbler pump ...BIG is BEST .
More air definately produces more microbes

Use this type of pump nothing under 20 watts guys n gals

PC260948 (800x600).jpg

OK Mpers I have a mountain air carbon scrubber 800mm x 300mm and 2 timers to control my centrifugal fans.
Weedmat for the floor in the GH .
Yet you peeps may wonder why do i have a carbon scrubber in a GH ?
Because our plants stink during flower and i am taking every precaution to ensure that my grow will be safe maybe in late flowering ;) .
Why do i have a TDS meter as well for an organic grow ?
Because my tea was 3400ppm and it will be used to maximise my feeding schedule during flower .
Thanks for looking in and all comments are welcome .

Peace and Stay Safe !

PC260935 (800x600).jpg

PC260946 (800x600).jpg

PC260944 (800x600).jpg

PC260951 (800x600).jpg

Well pilgrem yual went and baught yurself the master of all adult puzzles nows to get to puttin it together and sees what it turns into! Happy trails and remember 75% of the fun of the grow be in the setting up and fine tunein of the quest to the best trails end. Good luck I be pullin stump to watch.

BWD

i'm officially jealous, mojo for u good sir

Howdy Guys n Gals just a quick update . The bubblegum is a female . And the other seedlings are slowly improving but the bubblegum is growing very nicely .

P1020967 (600x800).jpg

P1020963 (800x600).jpg

P1020964 (800x600).jpg

Hi rose thanks for callin in ;)

Its worm tea and compost tea time !

I have my own method of making tea it is designed for cannabis with the much needed added micro and macro elements required for healthy growth of our particular plant species ;)

I have added 1 capfull of charlie carp fish ferts , 1 capfull of liquid kelp / seasol, 1 capful of eco dolimite lime to provide extra calcuim and magnesium dolimite lime works good to use 1 handful (dusted) .

I also added 2 TBLSP of epsom salt (dissolved) because our plants love magnesuim along with 1 handful of kelp meal which has 60 micro and macro elements.
1 TBLSP of Melrose Molasses or unsulphered beerenberg molasses from woolworths to feed the microbial herd of bacteria which feed the roots of the plants and
"Would you believe"
... the bacteria communicate with the plant and provide every essential element that the plants requires when needed and the elements are only a phone call away and kelp contains 60 traces.

Azomite from Thelivingapartment.com would be just as good for extra traces as well . :D

There is also 1 handful of compost added to provide the different microbesas well.

There are also numerous microbes and humic - fulvic proteins and elements provided with 2 handfuls of worm castings from the nitrogen worm farm which work together with the compost microbes .
All additives are added to 3 litres of RAIN water at this point in time ( young plants) .
The tea is ready in 24 hours and i dilute it at 50/50 mix with rain water

So lets take a look at what we have ...:holysheep:

P1040968 (640x480) (640x480).jpg

P1040970 (640x480).jpg

P1040969 (640x480).jpg

P1040973 (640x480).jpg

P1040971 (640x480).jpg

You are such a good dad. I know your plants have to love that stuff. I make tea's in the summer but not winter. I like your symbiotic relationship explanations. thank you.

Rosebud said:
You are such a good dad. I know your plants have to love that stuff. I make tea's in the summer but not winter. I like your symbiotic relationship explanations. thank you.
Hey Rosie ,
Thanks for callin in ;)
I have done heaps of reading about various organic methods and have been reading plenty of scientific pdf files all over the net and the versions that i attempt to explain this process are simplified because my scientific side is half baked :eek:
So i kinda simplified the process so the the average person without a scientific background can get a simple mans term of whats involved :smoke1: .

Anyhow heres an update of the tea after 24 hrs of bubbling and the plants were fed yesterday so we can have a quick look at them as well . ;)

P1050976 (640x480).jpg

P1060982 (480x640).jpg

P1060981 (480x640).jpg

P1060980 (480x640).jpg

So i am also preparing my flowering soil in pics with 45-60litres of coco coir also added it up to the user i guess i like fluffy porosity @ 45 ltrs ;)
l will add a dash (2-3 cups) of rock phosphate and will be feeding these gals the worm tea from the (pk) worm bin :hubba: .

I will also be re-potting the bubblegum plant during the next 2 weeks so the roots wont be restricted she will be going into a 60 litre bin :icon_smile: .

And the weather is great err temps are starting to warm up a lil bit at 9am "Gulp".
Peace and stay safe everyone :) .

P1040974 (640x480).jpg

P1060983 (480x640).jpg

P1060978 (640x480).jpg

P1060977 (640x480).jpg

I had a good laugh yesterday !
My wife went shopping for our fam so i tagged along and went shoppin for my extended / adopted fam .

THE WORMS
They love bannanas man !
They love Cantaloupe/ Rockmelons as known downunder !
They love Cucumbers especially Lebanese cumbers (habibi) !
All of these fruits and vegetables are extremely high in (Pk) or phosphorus and pottasuim . Its the shizz for flowering plants .
12 Egg shells are also added weekly to provide extra calcuim and it also helps the worms gizzard tract or helps the worms stomach break down other foods .
Man i love worms ...
The wifey /missus wants a divorce cos she thinks that the worm bins get more attention than what she gets ...:eek:

P1060986 (640x480).jpg

P1060985 (640x480).jpg

P1060987 (640x480).jpg

Looking nice thc:)

I feed my worms everything organic, except onions. I even throw in my trimmings from the girls. Never had much luck with eggshells in with the worms unless I baked them till brown. If I didn't do this the eggshells would still be there even after 6 months.

Latest posts

Back