blood and kelp meal dose.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happyfarmer

Reaction score
Hey peeps.

I have by mistake bought a huge amount of bloodmeal (10-3-1) so i'll have to try and use it.
I also have some kelp meal. i'm lacking alot of K if i only add the bloodmeal so in which doses do you recommend i mix the kelp and bloodmeal?
Havent tried that mix before.
I'm growing in containers on the earth. The earth which have been fertalized with chicken manoure (3-1-2) 1kg pr m2.
So now i just need fertelize the containers.

When i did the ordering i had a huge brainfart i so ordered 1ton of the ******* blodmeal ........ :hitchair:

I mix mine into soil before planting, but use about a cup for about 10 gallons of soil. Kelp I add to the water at a rate of 1 tea spoon per gallon, and water after the plants are established.

Thx for the answer. I wanna add both to the containers so i have "everything" in the container. How would you go about mixing it, say pr m3 ?

Kelp meal is mostly K and some N right? (besides the micronutrients) i have this Kelpmeal at the moment i wanna use together with the bloodmeal - http://www.algea.com/index.php/algeafert-meal i think i'll add some dolomit lime to the containers also to get some Mg and Ca in the mix aswell.

I mix mine into soil before planting, but use about a cup for about 10 gallons of soil. Kelp I add to the water at a rate of 1 tea spoon per gallon, and water after the plants are established.

*I* also add kelp meal to the mix at the same rate as the blood meal that umbra mentions (1cup/10 gallons), and 2 cups of bone meal for the same amount of mix. Same for the dolomite lime.

For real basic ratios, it's:
1x blood meal
1x kelp meal
2x bone meal
2x dolomite lime

Kelp teas are added every now and then.

Wet

Latest posts

Back