plant problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickyickie

Reaction score
i planted some bag seed in small pots and put them in my little green house to get started. im saving my good beans for later on in the month or even early april. but my problem is one of the two sprouted and grew about 3 inches straight up with two little leaves at the top. why is that? its looks like its just going to fall over. i dont want to do nothing wrong when it comes to my good beans. i dont get full sun yet to early in the season thats why its bag seed.thanks for any advice you can give me. oh and one more thing should i prep my soil now and let it set for while before i plant the good ones thanks

Need more light.
You have major stretch.
Can replant to top of leaves so they don't fall over.

I have the same thing going and i am going to replant and bury the stems as soon as they get a few more roots. Get a fan blowing gently on them, if you need a Popsicle stick to prop them up do it.

This time of year you may find that the light is not strong enough and there is not enough of it to be able to grow in a greenhouse. Stretching as you have described is caused by too little light. Transplanting and burying up to the leaves will help, but if the low light situation is not corrected, the plant will continue to do this. What part of the country are you in? And how many hours of sunlight are you getting? I am thinking that you may have to start these indoors with artificial light. Small vegging plants really need at least 18 hours of light a day and with cannabis, it is happy if it has light all the time--24 hours a day.

This time of year you may find that the light is not strong enough and there is not enough of it to be able to grow in a greenhouse. Stretching as you have described is caused by too little light. Transplanting and burying up to the leaves will help, but if the low light situation is not corrected, the plant will continue to do this. What part of the country are you in? And how many hours of sunlight are you getting? I am thinking that you may have to start these indoors with artificial light. Small vegging plants really need at least 18 hours of light a day and with cannabis, it is happy if it has light all the time--24 hours a day.

thanks i will try to replant. im in central florida im only getting about 6 hours of sun light now but soon after the time change i will get lots more. its only bag seed im waiting for about another month to plant the good ones.there only in a green house because it still gets cold at night.

thanks i will try to replant. im in central florida im only getting about 6 hours of sun light now but soon after the time change i will get lots more. its only bag seed im waiting for about another month to plant the good ones.there only in a green house because it still gets cold at night.

:confused:

I am getting g 11½ hours of sunlight here. I am quite a bit further North than you.

The time change does not give you more light--it just changes the hours the sun does shine. The actual increase in the hours of light a day increases at a certain pace, whether we go on DST or not. The days gain pretty much 3 minutes more sunlight a day until the solstice.

You really have to have more than 6 hours of daylight--I am thinking it probably has to be somewhere around 11+ hours of daylight as we are less than 3 weeks away from the equinox. But even that is a bit too little to veg cannabis well.

i get a good 6 hours of direct sun light even more if i move my pots around the yard. i got trees and its going to be about 2 to3 weeks before the sun is high enough in the sky so i can have all day sun or at least most of the day.

i got 1 more ? do i need to mix my soil and let it (cook)as they say for a couple weeks. im really trying not to screw this up

Latest posts

Back