100% Pure Organic Honey... Et Tu Brute

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hackerman

Reaction score
It's a curse being a cynic. It's even worse being an inquisitive cynic. Add the World Wide Web and all the availability of information and it just makes my world a living hell. LMAO

I consider myself a kind of a health nut. Not a maniac about it but I definitely feel I'm pickier about what I eat and drink than most. I have not had fast food in 30+ years. I read labels (and, try to understand them LOL). I bake my own bread from flour I make myself from whole grains. Same with pasta. My diet is mostly fresh fruits and veggies. I eat plenty of meat so I'm not a vegan or anything but..... well, in short, I just try to be aware.

And, it's hard because everything in the world is a lie (how sad) and you really have to dig to find the real truth. PASTEURIZED milk, ENRICHED flour, FORTIFIED milk... and all the other stuff we were brought up to believe was good is, in reality, very bad.

One thing I have learned (at least for me) there's a huge difference in the way my body responds to natural vitamin sources like fruits and vegetables vs a one-a-day vitamin. LOL Or, whatever other artificial, overly processed source. And, I think most people are the same way.

Pasteurizing milk is a heating process that removes all the vitamins and minerals from the milk until it's as nutritious as water. Then, they toss some powdered vitamins in it and call it FORTIFIED with A and D. LOL

ENRICHED rice will say right on the bag that the vitamin efficiency will be reduced if you rinse the rice before cooking. LMAO. OMG, are they just sprinkling powdered bone meal on it. LMAO Yep.

OK, enough PRE-RANT... LOL Let's get down to it, Brutus.

We all know white sugar is poison, right? The chlorination, the impurity, the cholesterol jump, the unknown sources (it's not all CANE sugar, you know. LOL), whatever. Pick your reason.

I don't use much sugar and when I do I always used a Turbino sugar that was all from CANE. No sugar beets, or other blends. Pure CANE sugar.

And, generally speaking, you want to buy it in as big a chunks as possible (same with salt, especially Himalayan salt) which often indicates less filler.

It's still sugar and it's all not great for you but I like a little in my coffee in the morning and I often use it in recipes when I cook (I love to cook).

In short, whether it's fully processed white, or minimally processed brown, I am still using sugar and my health freak buddy says I only have hours left to live if I don't stop. LMAO

So.... OK, I ask him. What do I use. He says He always uses honey.

No problem. I have always been a honey user anyway. When I was a hippy I drank tea and honey like the rest of the hippies. LOL I use it for breakfast often with a number of different breakfast foods.

So, I start reading about honey. OMG!!!!!

I am soooo disappointed. I wish I had never read about processed honey. That cute little bear with the big smile on his face. Sure he's smiling because he's pouring poison in the form of lead, mercury, antibiotics from ultra-filtered honey from China with a mixture of High Fructose Corn Syrup and any one of 13 other sweeteners right out of his cute little pour top hat, right on to my pancakes .

The little bastard. I'm gonna go over there right now and punch him right in his little Pooh Bear nose. LMAO

I just don't understand why they lie. On the jar it says, "100% PURE HONEY". How an I supposed to know it has HFCS and 4 or 5 other sweeteners in the mix. And, according to most of what I read, almost everyone is guilty. Almost 100% of honey sold in America is not honey at all.

I posted 2 links below that I thought we well informed. I had no idea that you could track the origin of honey by analyzing the pollen. Very cool.

So, in order to smuggle illegal honey around the world, it is "filtered" to remove the pollen. How about that, almost 100% of the honey in America has NO pollen. Duh, the pollen is where all the health benefits come from. LOL

You can pick the site of your choice or the search engine of you choice and simple search, "processed honey vs raw honey" and you'll see.

Here's a nice quote that I found common among the articles that I read....

Processed honey is not honey at all and if you desire any kind of health benefits, you must stick to the real stuff. In the U.S., the Food and Drug Administration says that any product that's been ultra-filtered and no longer contains pollen isn't honey

https://permaculturenews.org/2014/0...ocessed-golden-honey-found-grocery-retailers/

http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2011/11/tests-show-most-store-honey-isnt-honey/#.WU8WDFG1uCg

So, I went to the store tonight to look for "unfiltered" honey and whatever other sweetener I might find.

I did find one jar of unfiltered. I have no idea if it's really any better but, I'll look into it. I must say, it's really sweet and vert tasty. Not a syrup at all. It's more like a wax. I couldn't spoon it. I had to twist the spoon to just get the tip covered.

I also picked up some coconut sugar. I have never heard of it so I grabbed a small bag to try. It's not as sweet as the honey but it seems about 1:1 with regular sugar.

OK, rant off. Thanks for listening.

I was just so disappointed to learn the truth that I had to vent. After all these years to find out they have been lying to me my entire life.... My little Pooh Bear friend..... Et Tu Brute.

LOL

Hack -- I got nothing to add !-- I like my Vienna sausage -- potted meat - bologna -chili dogs and stuff like that !- with processed cheese !---- So U think I should stay away from that poison honey ?

Yes Hack I knew about the honey scam. I am fortunate enough to live where honey is available directly from the beekeepers.

Check with your nearest Hutterite colony, they make the real stuff.

We had three hives come to our home last summer. One stayed the other we called beekeepers in to get them. I have never liked honey so I have a jar of raw unprocessed (amazon) for guests. well, last winter, our hive had split and gone so bud brought in a large piece of honeycomb. I took a bite of it, and then realized there were still bees in the comb and made bud take it back to the hive. BUT OMG, that was the tastiest stuff I had ever tasted. It didn't remind me of the honey i had. it was unbelievably good. If i could have that all the time I would be a honey eater. I just cook with organic sugars.

Hackerman, i am sorry that in your life you tried to eat well and the honey could have ruined it all. LOL... I tell people, we eat organic, we don't go on vacations.

@Keef, hey don't kid yourself. We have an outdoor gig every Friday during the Summer and they have all the carni food vendors. I start with a Coney Dog with that yellow liquid stuff on it. Oh, yeah, cheese. LOL Then, a "cup" of fries cooked in god only knows what kind of oil. EXTRA salt. LMAO Maybe a piece of pizza, and for desert, one of those deep fried funnel cakes with LOTS of powdered sugar. So, it's not that I don't eat like that once in a while. Because I do. LMAO The only difference is that I know it's wrong when I'm doing it. LMAO

I am going to check around locally. I remember seeing "HONEY" signs on the roadside all around here. I'll stop at the next one and see what they have. I suppose it's a seasonal thing (around here everything is because our temps go from -10 to +110 during the course of a year. LOL)

Based on what I have read, it has a long shelf life so if I find something I like I could buy a more than ample supply and store it.

Another thing I read is to consider where the bees forage. Bees will travel to within 4 miles of there hive. If you have a toxic waste dump or a Roundup factory within 4 miles, your honey might not be so great, albeit, 100% real honey.

One thing that seemed to be consistent among all the articles is that any honey that comes from any place except So America and Mexico will have pesticides. Something about a mite that lives here and not there.

They have found honey in pottery in the pyramids and it was still good.

Hack I was just Jerking your chain !-- Moderation in all things ( except smoking weed) -- Growing up in the south and not knowing any better I was taught how to follow the bees back to the wild hive !-- We then cut the honey tree down and harvested all the honey !-- I learned better as an adult !-- Unless U have bad things in your area local honey is what U want !-- Local honey boost your immune systems ability to fight off local illnesses !-- I've been around when they decapped the comb and spun the honey out ! --Then Right into a bottle ! --I like the honey comb !--
I have my dark roast coffee with lots of turbinato sugar --because I like it !--I'm 60 something little late for me to start being all healthy !-- Except for the shattered face and bulged disc in my neck I do O.K. !-- Got off morphine after almost a decade !-- I'm much healthier for just that !-- It was killing me for real !

One time I was gonna be a vegetarian but when I found out U couldn't have bacon that wasn't gonna work for me !--

I have had vegetarian bacon. It was tofu cooked with liquid smoke. But was it a non GMO soybean?

I have had vegetarian bacon. It was tofu cooked with liquid smoke. But was it a non GMO soybean?
No I could not put that in my mouth. We do love the local pure honey here. Purple Clover is my local Favorite.

Well, I just finished a nice nutritious breakfast of rolled soy/wheat product glued together with glue-ton and soaked in 'everlast' nutrient coating with compressed black nibbles of raisin concentrate and any number of 5 or 6 'natural' and 'artificial' sweeteners.... and a little cow water.

AKA Raisin Bran and Milk.

Probably should have had a coney dog instead.

LMAO

Off to the gym to work off this mighty fine and nutritious breakfast.

I didn't think too many people even know what a Coney Island hot dog is, lol. Or Nathan's or a knish. Don't even get me started...I heard some one ask for a corned beef sandwich on white bread with mayo, I could feel the dead rolling over in their graves. Oy vey

GMO soybeans ? -- Mane we live in the age of genetic manipulation !-- I got no problem with them adding genes that give a plant riddance to disease and increase production !-- Now when they start making stuff like the dreaded "Ali-Co" --Part alligator -Part Cougar -- That's crossing the line !-- We are a society taking control of genetics and evolution !-- Can't stop it !-- The genie is already out the bottle !-- Designer babies ? --It's gonna happen !-- I have always had a question about such things !-- U know a chimp shares like 97-98 percent of our genetics !-- If they manipulated the genetics of a chimp and it feel well withing what we consider human !-- What's his or her legal status !-- Will someone own this person !-- Since it would have no human parents would people accept it or create a new slave class ? -- Perhaps this has already happened in the distant past and we are that creature ?

manipulated genes and designer babies....you mean the movie Morgan!

If you subscribe to the theory of ancient astronauts, then things like religion, parting the red sea, minotaurs, griffins, ect. all take on a completely different meaning. My question is this, if there are extra-terrestrial being, why do they have a head, 2 eyes, 2 arm like appendages and 2 leg like appendages? Even Carl Sagan suggests that the most likely extra-terrestrial will be made of Ammonia. He also suggests that there already is a life form on earth that is neither a plant or an animal....fungi. But again, no head, eyes, hands, legs, or torso.

Natural design Umbra !-- Raw evolution where a gene that give a organism an advantage stays and those that don't die out !--We the dominate species and we got a head and 2 hands and feet so this shape must be fairly common ! -- Plus U got that Panspermia thing !-- When that meteorite hit 65 million years ago and killed the dinosaurs-- they say --there were huge chunks of the earth got blown into space !-- One them pieces hits a planet with favorable conditions -- earth bacteria and stuff be alive there now ! -- There is also the Sumerian tablet with the story of how the Ananaki made us as a slave species to mine gold for them !
That would explain the need of some to worship something !-- Zakaria Stitchen (?) The 10 planet (?) --He translated the sumerian tablets -- Thier history !-- Neburu ? -- Yep !- I know about that stuff !

there is a faction of ancient alien theorists that believe that the aliens are us. just from a different time and going thru a worm hole. you can make an argument in many different directions about theories.

Maybe we migrated here from Mars because of a coming meteor that killed the planet ? -- Could be ?

Latest posts

Back