Recommedations for 1:1 strains and high CBD strains

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I must say, I am not only disappointed, I am shocked and amazed.

Both CBD and THC went up dramatically with both time and temperature.

I really have to wonder if these results are strain specific. I am going to run these exact same tests on Landrace Afghan and see if the THC responds the same way.

I expected the CBD to increase with time and temp based on what I've been reading. However, the results show it increases A LOT.

What surprised me was to see THC doing the same thing. There is considerable more THC on the 290F 120 minute samples than there is on the 240F for 40 minutes.

Both THC and CBD continued to increase with each sample.

I'll post a couple pictures but it's really hard for you to see the dramatic difference that I can see with my naked eye. The camera and lighting just don't capture the true color and gradient.

Pic 1 is the setup showing the time and temp of each dry sample.

Pic 2 is the extract. Amazing color change with time and temp change, Green to brown

Pic 3. Immediate results already show shocking results

Pic 4 and 5 just time passing.

6 and 7 pics are CBD in order of the samples.

8 and 9 are THC

I tried to get the pics to show the dramatic difference but it's so hard with the camera.

So, I sure am hoping that this is strain specific because if it's not, I have been decarbing my pot wrong for 50 years....... LMAO And, so have most of you. LOL

290F for 2 HOURS!!!!!! Showing an increase in THC the entire way????

This has to be strain specific.

I am going to run the TLC tests tomorrow. We'll see if they concur.

View attachment decarbtestsbd-1.jpg

View attachment decarbtestsbd-2.jpg

View attachment decarbtestsbd-3.jpg

View attachment decarbtestsbd-4.jpg

View attachment decarbtestsbd-5.jpg

View attachment decarbtestsbd-8 CBD.jpg

View attachment decarbtestsbd-9 CBD.jpg

View attachment decarbtestsbd-10 THC.jpg

View attachment decarbtestsbd-11 THC.jpg

Well, here we are at 8 weeks. The pics don't look all that different but (as you said, HG) the density is way more than 2 weeks ago.

I ran some tests on some clippings and I have a nice 1:1 ratio so I am going to harvest this weekend. I do see a few stray ambers and I harvested the mothers at 8 weeks and was happy.

View attachment 0329.jpg

View attachment 0318.jpg

Man, is this stuff sticky. LOL Been harvesting for 2 days. 8 more plants to go, tomorrow.

The buds on the lower leaves are so covered with trichs, it's amazing. I put a bunch of popcorn in a paper grocery bag and it soaked through the bag.

I harvested the LED tent yesterday and about half of the HPS room today. The HPS absolutely KILLED the LED in terms of yield. I'll bet the colas under the HPS weigh, easily, twice as much as the LED colas.

And, the secondary buds on the LED are airy and small while the lower buds in the HPS room were a little more dense but, again, easily twice the size.

Granted, it's probably not a fair comparison between the KING X6 1800 watt with the 1000 watt HPS (although I have the HPS turned down to 700 watts).

Still, the HPS absolutely killed the LED.

I hate this LED. LMAO It bothers my eyes to be around it. After harvest I am re-modeling my grow rooms and this LED is back in the box. Maybe the one I'm building will be better. I really want to switch to LED. And, I will as soon as I find what I want. I just know that this isn't it.

That's the nice thing about MP (and, someone else said it) there's no seed sales here so it's just someone's true opinion.
Thank you very much for posting this Hackerman! You taught me two things: First, now I know the exact strain I want (Sour Tsunami). Next, when you said,

“That's the nice thing about MP (and, someone else said it) there's no seed sales here so it's just someone's true opinion.”

I didn’t realize that until you said it, so its nice to know when you’re looking for a new strain to try!

My favourite seed bank “retired” and I’ve been trying different seed companies. Do you have any suggestions for the best seed company that sells Sour Tsunami? The last company I tried was a big disaster: half the seeds didn’t even sprout and of the ones that did, only 20% turned out to be female grown in ideal conditions. So now I avoid the, “Seed King” company like the plague!

The reason I’m looking for the perfect 1:1 THC/CBD strain is last year we bought an extraction machine to produce our own brand of CBD’s eventually. We expanded our non-licensed, non-regulated grow this summer to 5000 plants and for the last year we’ve been “playing” with our new extractor to get it just right. Not the extractor but our extracting skills! We’re a year-round grow split between greenhouses and indoor facilities for the winter so we’ve always got a good supply of Bud to play with to make pure CBD’s!

But after reading a few months ago in my research, that the most effective CBD’s come from strains with a 1:1 ratio, I’ve been looking for the perfect strain to achieve that, so thanks again Hackerman!

Once we’re extracting pure CBD’s and THC’s we are then planning on testing different ratios when adding them both back together again so we can tailor-make the perfect ratios for our individual customer needs.

When you’ve got a big operation like ours that is shunning government regulation and control, Black-Ops is essential so you don’t get caught! Efficiency and speed are essential, but to produce the highest quality Buds for mass production, a portion of which will run through our extractor, automated trimming machines are essential to achieve this speed and efficiency. When it comes to a quality trim that will leave our Buds with most of the crystals and resin on them intact, we’ve had numerous problems with all the machines that use blades—they’re just not gentle enough (despite what the marketing hype says) and end up stripping off those crystals and resins. Luckily for us, we found a new trimmer that doesn’t use blades, called a Toms Tumble Trimmer. It’s worked so well for us we now have 5 because they don’t break down or require regular extensive cleaning or maintenance and most importantly leave 99% of the crystals, resins and terpenes on the Buds for maximum potency—both for our dispensary sales and our new extractor!

Now I can’t wait to try out this new strain of Sour Tsunami! We’re planning on trying out our 1:1 strain for the first time after Christmas early in the new year and I’ll keep you posted on how it turns out. But as I said, all we have to do now is find the best seed company that sells this strain! If you have a recommendation for this Hackerman, it’ll be much appreciated!

I ran some TLC tests on this Continuum and all 3 pheno's were real close to 50/50. I believe the tests are posted here somewhere. I'll see if I can find them again.

Still, I think the only way to get a guaranteed true mix (whether it's 50/50. 100/0 or 0/100) is to grow the plant out, test it for the mix you want and clone from there. I doubt that seeds would have the genetic consistency required. Especially with CBD and CBG breeding being more recent (or at least popular).

But, I know zilch about that stuff so take it with a grain of salt.

EDIT: I can vouch for the seedbank and breeder that Umbra posted. They were good to me in terms of service, price and quality.

I am currently working with Valentine and doing crosses with other members here.

Latest posts

Back