i am a grow addict green crack/satori/hickstick-gorilla glue fiasco in the making

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thx. I am a couple weeks from chopping the gorrilla glue cross. I am gonna harvest the green crack in stages. I want some couchlock doobage so I will harvest some of the green crack with a lot of amber...

This Thursday is 8 weeks of 12/12 lighting. Checked the trichchomes and they are all still pretty much clear. I am finishing up a shed this week so I hope I don't see all cloudy trichs on Thursday because I won't have time to chop and trim. The cross looks like it needs at least a couple more weeks too. Straight water from here on out.

no amber trichs yet. thinking maybe next week i will chop... thinking i have some nute issues and heat issues but it is too late for me to do anything about the nutes and the heat should get better as i am exhausting to the outside now...

View attachment IMG_4600[1].jpg

I am kind of a dunce. What I have read about Green Crack and my personal experience growing it are in conflict. I always have felt like I was not seeing the trichs as I should. My Green Crack has always finished later that the 8+weeks the literature says it should be ready at. Had a guy who grows professionally look at my plants and confirmed my suspicion that I harvest too early. Always. And probably will this time too. 'Cause I am kind of a dunce... So 2 weeks or so...

IMG_4613.JPG
IMG_4614.JPG
I think I am dealing with a bit of a heat issue but I can't do much about it. I am exhausting the tent outside so it is just the basement is too warm. Can't use an air conditioner. Probably a week oit from chop-age. These plants are pretty frosty. I will get some better pics tomorrow morning. Top is the GG4/Hickstick/Afghani/Chemdawg thing. Bottom is GreenCrack. I am too close to the LED too...

IMG_4618.JPG
IMG_4620.JPG
IMG_4621.JPG
IMG_4622.JPG
IMG_4623.JPG
IMG_4617.JPG
Probably will chop 2 green crack plants tonight before lights on then 2 more next week to compare 9 week vs 10 week flowers. The GG cross still needs to plump up some.

Last edited:
IMG_4624.JPG
IMG_4624.JPG
IMG_4625.JPG
IMG_4626.JPG
Chopped one Green Crack. Poor planning on my part. I watered them yesterday so the plant was a lot more moist than I am accustomed to. Nice calyxes though. Got some new trimming sheers from my son for Christmas that I got to try out. Made by Chikamasa. Didn't have to scrape scissor hash off a single time but still wound up with a nice little ball of it.

so the early harvested green crack is a bit speedy. or a lot speedy. yikes! going to let the rest of the plants go for a bit and mature. one small bong hit and i feel like i drank a pot of coffee in addition to the strong mind buzz.

Grrrrr... I lost track of the drying process and after 2 days, the buds are past the point of curing. Arrrrrghhh!

Maybe I am ok. In a mason jar and the humidity is creeping up to 60 so maybe I am a 'sky is falling' type of guy. Who am I kidding? I am...

Make sure to burp the jars. Especially if your having moisture problems.

thx. the jar was at 71% this morning so i pulled the buds out for a bit more drying. they are small because i chopped that plant early so they seemed to dry out rather quickly. i also found some beginnings of powdery mildew on my cross plant. i sprayed her down with some dr zymes this morning. hopefully things will go ok but i am not at all confident they will. they never seem to...

curing the 9 week green crack plant. pretty poor yield. maybe a half an ounce. i have come to the conclusion that i really screwed the pooch this grow. the soil is not very porous i think because i had the bright idea of putting some diatomaceous earth on top of the soil. i think it washed into the nooks and crannies and jammed things up. i think that caused a bit of a stunting of the buds. and a delay in ripening if that is possible. the 2 green crack plants i chopped yesterday were at day 70. they are supposed to be done in 50-55 days according to blimburn. i know you can't really use their claims as the gospel, that is quite a discrepancy. the smoke from the 9 week plant is, to be honest, very, very peppy. i tried the scissor hash from the 2 plants i chopped yesterday and it was not as hyper. the buds are also a lot nicer to look at. i still have one green crack left to chop and the gorilla glue/chem dawg/afghani/hickstick mongrel. the calyxes on that plant still have not swollen. i am trying to flush the crud out of the soil before i chop. i may chop next week and call it a wrap.

Thx 'duck. It was a pretty poor grow. The quality is good but I will be lucky to get a quarter pound. I have clones that I will use to try again.

E68DBF91-ECBD-478D-8FBE-4DF5B92293CB.jpeg
51CE1CB4-D29A-4B19-8505-646DB0CC0A16.jpeg
4779EB14-6C42-4E76-8320-D423B8AFC845.jpeg
I was lucky enough to get one viable clone off of each of these poor plants. I had not used non- organic nutes before and it is safe to say, I screwed the grow up big time. So I am about 4 weeks into flower. I thing the green crack is wind burned. Turned down the fan. 2 plants in 9 square feet.

Latest posts

Back