Why are my buds light and airy instead of thick and full? HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i won't have many lights in there, I will be using the 100 watt cfl's rated over 10,000 lumens each i was thinking two of those in each box. That's over 20,000 lumens in that little box and a 150 watt hps put out about 16,000 and i know the light intensity is different between the two lights but i sorta figured with the light being confined in a space like those would make up for a bit of it. What ya think? I think as a senior member we should prob take this to the lighting forums huh sorry i should have known better :holysheep:

No brother thats ok! We jacked a thread is all. I know the bulbs your talking about....with that output i'd go a bit bigger on the box but you'll be surprised in the confinment! If the inside is reflected good you'll have a veg box from hell!

oh yea my boy krazycure helped with these boxes mylar'd up on the inside already has fans and a nice lil vent system i just wanted to put them to use because the hps's go in my closet you know and the boxes just take up room sitting there figured they could be used as well and i have been looking at cfl's lately for some reason and idk man just wanted to do it ya know? lol

lowrydergrower775 said:
Well i won't have many lights in there, I will be using the 100 watt cfl's rated over 10,000 lumens each i was thinking two of those in each box. That's over 20,000 lumens in that little box and a 150 watt hps put out about 16,000 and i know the light intensity is different between the two lights but i sorta figured with the light being confined in a space like those would make up for a bit of it. What ya think? I think as a senior member we should prob take this to the lighting forums huh sorry i should have known better :holysheep:

Where did you find 100W CFLs that put out over 10,000 lumens? Can you post a link? That is far better watt to lumen ratio than ANY other fluoros and most MH--I have never seen them...

The Hemp Goddess said:
Where did you find 100W CFLs that put out over 10,000 lumens? Can you post a link? That is far better watt to lumen ratio than ANY other fluoros and most MH--I have never seen them...

i am not sure if you found the link i posted in jabs thread but here it is :)

hXXp://www.esplighting.com/92100b.html[/url]

Wow! lowrydergrower775, that's a very impressive output for those bulbs! I think I may invest in some of those for vegging and moms.

Thanks
HazeMe

ya.. i wonder if any1 has used those b4 for a grow and has any pros/cons bout it

that looks awesome but isnt it the same as a 400 watt MH

4 of the bulds will be 40,000 lumens

1 400 watt mh is 40,0000-50,000 lumens

dman1234 said:

mmm of course its not the same as hid but its pretty good for cfl's :)

flaboy88 said:
i sure do love me some dank slow burning bud.. sensi star has never ceased to amaze me when packin a bowl how long it burns for.. :bong2:
i'm with you on the sensi star...man i want more.

dman1234 said:

yes in fact it is..as for floro bulbs, 10,050@100w is only 20-25 more lumens than 2x 54w T5's...and if we get into the HID comparison, you'll notice that you'd need 15-16 of the 100w cfl's to equal a single 1000w HPS. and at $240 for 16 100w cfl's you can get a very nice 1000w HPS mag ballast. my luma 3.0's were only $200 each...the fact remains that pound for pound, the HPS wins every time.

Latest posts

Back