Newbie help-yellowing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChadR

Reaction score
Hey guys & gals. Im very new to growing and was looking for a little insight to set my worries at ease.

I picked up 10 Blue haze clones and they are starting to wilt and turn yellow.

My PH is at 6.8 and i just transferred from miracle grow organic potting soil to Foxfarm organic planting mix.

And than another question is i have 2 Pineapple express and they dont seem to be growing much. They are only about 4" tall and havent seem to get taller since iv received them a couple weeks ago.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

DSCN3202.JPG

DSCN3204.JPG

Hi Chad. I'm not expert at growing but I will relay to you a few things that have been told to me. I was told to not use clear containers, but to use white or black ones that don't let light in. I'm curious how deep the soil is in there? It appears they will need more space and soil. I know that the MG fortified soil is very hot and could easily burn clones and seedlings, and also if Fox Farm Ocean Forest can be hot for young clones and seedlings as well. I was told to keep the PH at 6.5 unless plant dictates adjustment. Also check the PH of your runoff water, the root environment is where PH is most important. Are you indoors or outdoors? If in, what is your lighting setup and schedule?

Sativas generally can't handle as much fertlizer as Indicas can, leaves curling and leaves yellowing are some of the symptoms of overfertilization.

Possible Potassium, Zinc, or magnesium deficiency... (burnt tips and yellowing (lack of Zinc) if also involving brown spotting (lack of potassium), any suspected stunting (lack of Magnesium)

If it is not overfertilization your plants may be in the early stages of potassium or Zinc deficiency, maybe both. what kind of growing medium are you using, does it drain well enough and did you add the recommended amount of dolomite lime (magnesium content to aid nutrient uptake?)

Zinc, iron and manganese are the three most common micronutrients found deficient.

Looks like your medium may not be draining properly or is a little compact. Any Perlite in that mix? How much have you watered?

Latest posts

Back