Plant Height Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiamondJim420

Reaction score
Pictured below is my second grow:

• 4 Serious Seeds AK-47 feminized
  • Subcool's Super Soil
  • Vegged under 400-watt MH
  • Flowering under 600-watt HPS
  • 3'8" x 3'8" x 8' flowering room (kinda small)
  • Current status: day 12 of flowering
Well, these plants have exploded in vertical growth. Much more than I had anticipated for such an early-finishing plant. If I had known, I would have done SCROG or LST.

I still have about another 8 inches of vertical space above the light, but that's all the space I have left.

Should I maybe remove one plant and train the other 3 to grow slightly sideways near the top?

Should I trim the very lowest fan leaves (the ones already dying from lack of light at the bottom of the room)?

001 (800x600).jpg

002 (800x600).jpg

If you are packed tight you might want to prune the lower 1/4 or so of the plants and see if that allows you to do some lst and other training methods. If that doesn't help enough then maybe yanking your weakest lady will gve you enough room to ride out the first cpl weeks of flower when they tend to do most of their stretching. I don't normally like to prune at all in flower but 12 days is not that long into the flowering period. I hve a question though...do you hve 8 feet of vertical height in that space, or is your light set up eating a lot of that space up?

Hamster Lewis said:
If you are packed tight you might want to prune the lower 1/4 or so of the plants and see if that allows you to do some lst and other training methods. If that doesn't help enough then maybe yanking your weakest lady will gve you enough room to ride out the first cpl weeks of flower when they tend to do most of their stretching. I don't normally like to prune at all in flower but 12 days is not that long into the flowering period. I hve a question though...do you hve 8 feet of vertical height in that space, or is your light set up eating a lot of that space up?

I have that huge Luxor (vertical bulb) hood that takes up a lot of vertical space.

I think I'll opt for removing one to give others horizonal room.

DiamondJim420 said:
I have that huge Luxor (vertical bulb) hood that takes up a lot of vertical space.

I think I'll opt for removing one to give others horizonal room.

That's what I thought...looks like it eats up quite a bit of space.

Latest posts

Back