Ph levels little high? please help, 4 weeks flowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headband

Reaction score
so the ph is on the lower side of the 6's. Ive kept it up around 7 up untill now. Should I do somthing about it? anything i can add like lime?
What should I be aiming around for ph levels in dirt for, white widow, purple mendo kush?

Hey there Headband,
For white widow, soil ph should be tight around 6.5 to 6.7
You can raise your Ph in this way, or by diluting into 1 gallon of water at a time.
To increase your pH by 1.0 point and make your soil more alkaline.

• [*]Add 4 ounces of hydrated lime per square yard in sandy soils
    [*]Add 8 ounces of hydrated lime per square yard in loamy soils
    [*]Add 12 ounces of hydrated lime per square yard in clay soils
    [*]Add 25 ounces of hydrated lime per square yard in peaty soils

Do your math carefully, Hope this helps you
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

ph of 7 is what i go for in all my soil grows.... cant go wrong at 7 IMHO and all strains will do just fine at 7...

search for the ph charts here, should be like a dozen or so :hubba: and all show 7 to be good

yeah 7 what ive kept em at. I was curious ph levels per strain. guess it doesnt really matter. Ive been using a bunch of nutes so i can understand why this is happening. also the ph of the water that drips out was 6.0. Thanks for your help, You guys think 2 ounces of hydrated lime should do the trick? im using 5 gall buckets with foxfarm oceanforest. i rather use to little than to much.

Hey there HeadBand,
pH And Marijuana Grown In Soil

When growing marijuana in soil the pH of the soil should be between 6.5 and 7.0. When growing in containers, a single pH reading for each container is recommended. When growing outdoors in a garden, it is best to take two or three pH measurements from different areas of the garden.

If you have a large garden, you may have to adjust the pH in various parts of your garden to different levels. Check the pH once every one-two weeks.

Unlike hydroponics where the nutrient solution is in a single reservoir and only needs to be checked once, a soil garden will get its nutrients from the soil it is growing in. Even a small garden that contains a few plants may have soil that varies in pH from one area to another.

Most fertilizers cause a pH change in the soil. Adding fertilizer to the soil almost always results in a more acidic (lower) pH. As time goes on, the amount of salts produced by the breakdown of fertilizers in the soil causes the soil to become increasingly acidic and eventually the concentration of these salts in the soil will stunt the plant and cause browning out of the foliage.

Also, as the plant gets older its roots become less effective in bringing food to the leaves. To avoid the accumulation of these salts in your soil and to ensure that your plant is getting all of the food it needs, you can begin leaf feeding your plant at the age of about 1.5 months.

Dissolve the fertilizer in water (worm castings mixed with water will work well for leaf feeding) and spray the mixture directly onto the foliage. The leaves absorb the fertilizer into their veins. If you want to continue to put fertilizer into the soil as well as leaf feeding, be sure not to overdose your plants.

Adjusting pH Of Marijuana Grown In Soil

A good way to stabilize soil is to use dolomite lime (calcium-magnesium carbonate). Dolomitic lime acts slowly and continuously, so soil will remain pH stable for a few months.

Using fine size dolomite lime is important, coarser grades can take a year or longer to work. You can find fine size dolomite lime at any well stocked garden supply center.

Dolomite lime has been used by gardeners as a pH stabilizer for many years. It has a pH that is neutral (7.0). When added to soil in the correct proportions, it will stabilize soil at a pH near 7.0.

When growing in containers, add one cup of fine dolomite lime to each cubic foot of soil. Mix the dry soil thoroughly with the dolomite lime, then lightly water it. After watering, re-mix it and wait for a day or two before checking the pH. When growing in an outdoor garden, follow the dolomite lime manufacturers instructions.

Lowering soil pH: small amounts of composted leaves, cottonseed meal, or peat moss will lower the pH of soil.

Raising soil pH: small amounts of hardwood ashes or crushed oyster/egg shells will help to raise the soil pH. Hydrated lime can also be used to raise the pH of soil. In containers, use no more than 1/8 cup of hydrated lime per cubic foot of soil (per application). Mix it into warm water, then apply the water to the soil. When growing in an outdoor garden, follow the manufacturers instructions.

Wait at least a day or two before checking the pH level of soil after attempting to raise, lower or stabilize it. If adjustments still have to be made, use small amounts of whatever material you are using. Don't try to adjust the pH more than 0.1 every two days.
Sounds smart to me.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

You'll still get some PH swings....just how plants work..eats at diff rates..but keepin a good baseline is good. :hubba:

what about if its growing King? I cant just pull all my soil out and mix in a cup of dolo lime. Whats another method to add it? can i dilute it in water, like your first post says?

Latest posts

Back