could use a little help with MG soils

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you have mg moister control soil don't trust checking the top 2 inches of soil to see how dry it is.. either learn what the pot feels like dry or wait till the plant droops, you would have been better off mixing all that perlite in with your soil. i can't see very good but i didn't see any nute burn on your plants. they look fine to me, a little droopy but nice and green.. jmo

well i dont have the moisture control but i did put a butt load of extra MG perlite in and mixed it with a big drill and mixing paddle to mix well and break up any clumps so i doubt it will even hold the average amount of water.the perlite on top is just to reflect light to the branches.does the extra perlite make that much of a difference? and there is 1 leaf the has started to turn yellow. and whats a normal age to have a couple sets of fat branches ???

KGB sold me on the amazon bloom soil if i do another soil after this one...really thinking of a super sciency looking hydro setup

the perlite helps the water flow thru the soil.. it won't stay wet as long so it won't release as many nutes. good water flow is the key to growing with mg imho. if its just the 1 leaf keep an eye for more and if it starts to get worse let us know. we'll help in any way we can.. good luck

alot of guys here swear by the things he mentioned, so ther must be something to it, if i ever decide to go pro i might give it a try but i'm tryin to go organic i don't know. im stoned so i have know idea what im saying i'll edit this later if it s crazt soundin

slowmo77 said:
alot of guys here swear by the things he mentioned, so ther must be something to it, if i ever decide to go pro i might give it a try but i'm tryin to go organic i don't know. im stoned so i have know idea what im saying i'll edit this later if it s crazt soundin
right on man, right effing on......lmfao. i'm rollin' another right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tokie:

4u2smoke said:
hey SM.. 1 plant 1 container my friend
why 1 plant to 1 container ????didn't i solve the rootbound problem ??

KGB30 said:
Oh no bro those are about three months old and I grow those giants on my patio. Man they are taller then my wife. lol

KGB...Does your wife supose to be in a car seat as well...lol...My ex wife was 4 foot 3 inches..I use to tease her when Law stated car seat required under 4'6 ..lol...:p

well when plants get larger the rootss will tangle with each other and fight for room..if you chose to transplant..it will be nearly impossible..IMO..Good luck KEEP M GREEN my friend

4u2smoke said:
well when plants get larger the rootss will tangle with each other and fight for room..if you chose to transplant..it will be nearly impossible..IMO..Good luck KEEP M GREEN my friend
NOPE....NO TRANSPLANT

4u2smoke said:
I like to control my nutes...MG is to un predictable..imo..some good organic (not MG) potting soil and perlite.
hey there 4u2smoke. i just looked at your fall grow room pics and gotta say i love the room...very nice,very versatile:D

A little bit of advice first, one plant per pot because cannabis is a very aggressive plant and also if you over nute them and they are together you will most likely effect all of them. If they are individually potted you stand a better chance of not damaging the whole crop. Do you have drain wholes in the bottom of the tub? The water needs to drain and oxygen needs to reach the root zone too. Try adding an oscillating fan to move the air and keep the stomata from clogging because plants need to breathe and take in carbon dioxide. If you have some extra cash try getting a moisture meter they are around $10-15 USD. With all my rambling I hope this helps.

newgreenthumb said:
A little bit of advice first, one plant per pot because cannabis is a very aggressive plant and also if you over nute them and they are together you will most likely effect all of them. If they are individually potted you stand a better chance of not damaging the whole crop. Do you have drain wholes in the bottom of the tub? The water needs to drain and oxygen needs to reach the root zone too. Try adding an oscillating fan to move the air and keep the stomata from clogging because plants need to breathe and take in carbon dioxide. If you have some extra cash try getting a moisture meter they are around $10-15 USD. With all my rambling I hope this helps.
I actually did consider the eggs in 1 basket thing and figured i'd just be more carefull.as for drain holes, i cut 3 big holes in the bottom and stapled some screen over and covered that with alot of perlite. i use 3- 80mm case fans to provide gentle and steady flow over them. i have a co2 tank, but i'm not sure to start using it. the plants in the pics are 16 days old. i could be wrong but i think they are big for that age.any thoughts ??

They are a nice size, and very green. thats all that matters :)

4u2smoke said:
KGB...Does your wife supose to be in a car seat as well...lol...My ex wife was 4 foot 3 inches..I use to tease her when Law stated car seat required under 4'6 ..lol...:p

Reminds me of a joke I played on a co-worker who was so tiny like elf. I swapped out her regular chair with s toddlers chair man she came in seen the toddlers chair & sat down with a smug look on her face. We all just laughed. LOL

Ya my wife is short and I am her latter. lol . . Well good night little buddy.

Latest posts

Back