is it safe to make hash out of power mildew plants???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I dont wanna smoke the bud so ill can make it into hash I have the bags... but is it safe to smoke the hash???? Ive heard it is safe to do it with alcohol I just dont know how they make it like that?? any one PLEASE THANKS
:holysheep:

Hello doc. I'd trash it because it will probably taste like mildew:).

Tastes like **** but...................

Powdery Mildew has no known pernicious aflatoxins, so if you extract the oil and filter at 0.2 microns using a syringe filter, you can remove all the plant parts and spores so that the flavor and smell is gone.

I dont know if its right, But i will wet wash my PM infected stuff and then freeze it to make butter. *I think* that everything is killed off when it is cooked.

You could also use the butane extraction method if you are extreemely careful. I saw some good videos on YouTube that show several extraction methods. Oil extraction would be the way to go with that to not lose some good meds to mold :)

Butane extraction, Alcohol or Acetone wash is more then safe as far as the mildew. The Brother's Grunt used to have a post in the hash section on how to make Alcohol quick wash hash oil No different for Acetone.
Butane extraction is trickier and requires tons of ventilation. My preferred method above even bud itself. But you want a ton of trim and hours to spend with oven mits on.
The HUGE key to all these methods is purity of the chemical used.
Acetone has to be 100% pure no solids which is expensive.
Alcohol Pharm Grade 98%
Butane at least triple refined. void of ANY methyl marcaptan (AKA Methanethiol,mercaptomethane,thiomethyl alcohol). Coleman's butane/propane camping gas being a huge no-no. I use Colibri.
As soon as any of the above mentioned chemicals touch the mildew it dies immediately. It just extracts all essential oils.

Latest posts

Back