Live bud lost their smell?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrueTxnGurl

Reaction score
Hey guys! Yes I'm a newbie

I've been searching the Internet and forums but not finding what I'm looking for.

My plants are in their 5th 1/2 week of flowering stage and they lost their fragrance. This is my first crop(indoor) so I'm definitely inexperienced here. I'm realizing there is a lot of incorrect info on the web about growing so I'm doing my best to read as much as possible before making a decision. My babies had such a strong smell I had to buy a carbon filter. U could smell these things from across the street! So I bought a huge filter and it helped almost immediately. That was about 2 weeks ago. Then I realized that my buds aren't smelling at all or more of a grass/hay smell. I've read that that can happen during drying/curing but these are still alive and growing! I also just recently put a dehumidifier in the room...I'm thinking that wasn't necessary now :( that was about a week ago.

Please tell me I haven't ruined my crop! I'm so worried :(

Also, I started flushing early. I had nute burn and couldn't get then to come back so I just said **** it and started to flush them. That was about 2 weeks ago. Should I start added nutes again this late in the cycle?

welcome to the passion
:48:he

IMO...sometimes the smell gets locked inside the flowers..try and squeez a bud and smell fingers...or take a lower smaller bud and break open....can ya share a photo of this girl?

While this has nothing to do with the smell.....are you saying that you have not fed them for 2 weeks? Are you going to feed them? You most likely have 2-1/2 weeks or more will these finish. They need to be fed. Most of us here never do an "end of harvest" flush (if that is what you are doing). I see not reason to starve a plant at the end of its grow cycle when we are asking it to put on weight and develop lots of trichs.

Wouldn't squeezing the bud crush the trichomes? I can snap a shot tonight and post. I turned the dehumidifier up some last night and when I walked in the room this morning I smelt a faint fragrance! Could it be from the air being too dry?

I started flushing bc I was getting so much mixed info on nutes and my plants looked to have nute burn so I just started flushing. I understand that the nutes help them get to their max potential but at the end of the day they are still plants and can survive off plain water. For example my clones.... I never gave them any nutes to help them grow besides root boosting stuff (can't remember what it's called) and they have new growth and roots growing like crazy.

No, they cannot survive off plain water. Clones and new seedlings do not need nutes. Flowering plants do. I can absolutely guarantee you that if you try and finish them out without feeding them anything more, your yield will suffer and they might not even make it to harvest.

If you think they can grow well without food,try living on a water diet for a couple of weeks and see how you do.

They are no different than any living organism, we all need nutrition to survive!

It is true that plants do pull some nitrogen out of the air and if you are using unfiltered well water then they are getting some minerals, BUT MJ is a high energy plant, like any fruiting plant, it needs a lot of nutrients, water, and high energy light to thrive and produce fruit. If they are 3+ weeks into flower then you don't want to give them much nitrogen but they absolutely need extra potassium, phospherous, and magnesium. Even if they are in rich soil, they will need supplimental nutes in flowering as they will have stripped most of the nutes from the soil during veg and early flower, not to mention that you have stripped out any nutes that were left in the soil by flushing.

I hope you don't feel like we are ganging up on you to berate you for making mistakes. We all make mistakes throughout our growing lives. We just want to help you get the most from your grow. :)

What kind of soil are they in? What kind of nutrients do you use? How big are the planters that the plants are in?

Latest posts

Back