Soil booster??/!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

widairyfarms

Reaction score
I have four plants going and three are in a soil perlite mix that doesn't do so well but it keeps the pests away. I have one other plant that that's in a heavy organic mater compound(humas,manure,organic potting soil, and alson some fungus gnats. The plant is well along and the gnats can't make a dent in this one. plus I have multiple traps and other such things. I just went from a three gal to a seven gal pot 3/4 full with the same mix. I like the way its moving along but as I have seen soo many sweet shots I am looking for a soil booster. All the soil is organic and have steered clear of almost all chem nutes. I used two treatments of foliar humb verde but stopped when the plants didn't repond well. When I transplanted the roots were all out of room and were in need of room to keep goin. The plant is about 1 1/2 mo old from seed and is about 9" tall filling in mid section very nicely under a 250w mh 12" from the light w/ a fan. 24/7 lighting and tinfoil to keep some light in(I cant get orca film or a room yet). I am looking for a good soil booster to promote growth of the roots and plant second(cuz as we know great root/great yield). I thought about casting/compost tea and molasses, I have liquid kelp but it was a sample size and was set up for hydro systems. Humic acid as well. I didn't have any myco left when I did the transplant so can anyone give me any suggestions to just start the movement of roots going again? I have no patience what so ever so if I don't get an inch per day I worry. I know I have some time till flowering but foliar growth and good root structure is what I am after.
Thanks
WDF

Ok, so first of all get some patience because if you don't have any now, you will either quit growing or you will gain patience.
Going from a 3 gallon to a 7 gallon is a pretty big jump for a plant that young. Have your plants sexed or are they feminized. I wouldn't waste my soil on a plant that may be male plant.

You can make a nice tea out of what you have... castings, molasses teas are awesome. Humic acid is great as well.

Greenest of mojo to you and your grow.

Get rid of the foil right now! It is a very poor reflector of light and can create hot spots. It is a horrible thing to use in your grow space. Get some FLAT white paint and use that instead of the foil.

Rosebud is right--you need to slow down a little and take a breath. This is going to take about 4 months start to finish and you are just getting started. You can over-love and over-mother your plants to death. You need to get a handle on what you are doing and not just throw things at the plant. Soil booster? I don't really know what you are looking for, but really, slow down and kind of let them do their thing for now. Organic teas like you have mentioned are not a soil booster, but just organic teas...nutrients for the microbes. And Rosebud was right about the transplant. I also believe that your plants were too small to have outgrown a 3 gal pot. You should be able to keep a 3' plant in a 3 gallon container.

Okay. I am growing on a table with the light hanging from the ceiling so it's not a rigid set up(things move around). I can't afford a grow room yet so since I'm in the basement I'm trying to keep some heat in and not to lose all my light. I can raise the light as they get taller but I am limited in what I can afford. I know it will take a bit for the plant but some days it grows a lot others it hardly moves and I just want that consistent growth so I know they are doing okay. I put it in a bigger pot because I figure better roots better yield?/! right/wrong? When I put it in the bigger pot it also moved the plant closer to the light and no signs of heat stress. What be your thoughts?
thanks
wdf

the 2 microbes not found in aerated composted teas are mycorrhizal fungi and tricoderma fungi. these will make a huge difference in your grow. I like Great White, but there are tons of sources.

When you have a small pot in a big container it is hard to water properly. You need to water the whole pot, not just the plant. And then it will take lots longer to dry out, which marijuana really likes the wet dry cycle. That is the downside of a too big pot, but i bet you can handle it.

Latest posts

Back