growing on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little update: it is around 30 days, all looking ok, plants have filled up some of the void space left by that male that i chopped, i tried to widen the canopy as much as i could, placed the light closer, plants looking healthy, just checked out the res, ppm 1200, ph 6, will lower the ph a bit. took some shots of the rooted clones my champs :D and another pic of the ones in the cloning box. i will be trying to accelerate their growth as much as i can, will do many flood cycles with higher N concentration, i need 4 clones in flowering ASAP i'm thinking, put 6 smaller clones in there to gain some desperately needed time, still i don't see them going in there before 10 days...

i really need the full 800w flowering together timely to be able to supply me with all the bud that i need. I have a way to do it, I think that it's my only way to put things right on track once and for all. I will have to put like 8-12 clones in flowering depending on their size in say 20 days under the 2nd 400w, the other 400 will still need 20 more days to finish the current flowering run, I will not be able to grow all the clones 20 days under 1 400 because they will probably outgrow it in 10-12 days, so, I will have to take 1/2 the clones back to the vegging chamber and put them for 8-10 days there with 12/12 under fluros, I know I will lose some yield, but I think it is worth it to have this thing running 100% perpetual. What do you think? Does it sound like a plan?

View attachment 20150411_232540.jpg

View attachment 20150411_070304.jpg

View attachment 20150411_232606.jpg

View attachment 20150411_232611.jpg

View attachment 20150411_232633.jpg

okay so :D 2 more rooters I now have 10 and anticipating that number to rise quickly as i spotted the first rooter from the newer batch. i put 3 fluros for them will add 2 more as soon as they pick up a little

thanks WH and Kravenhead :)
I reached the 1 dozen clones as I just spotted 2 more yyyyesssss! :headbang2::guitar::dancing::banana::clap::yay::headbang::fly::lama::woohoo::dancing::dancing::dancing:

one more rooter and the number is: 13:evil:

3 more clones rooted, 16 rooted only 8 left in clone chamber. they are clearly rooting by the day, i think i will have more than 90% rooted, only 1 out of 12 from the older batch not rooted. they are very slowly picking up and thats what is bothering me, i shall now focus my cannabis church prayers toward the rooted clones so that they pick up like magic beans!

there's something wrong in my feeding schedule, this time it has gone too far in my book, will take some shots later, I was noticing those same rusty spots and sometimes white spots, and this was in last grow too, and it's not spider mites and it's not PH, it looks so much like calcium deficiency, only that i am sure that there is plenty of calcium available. yesterday it didn't look too good, i was getting a little bit frustrated, as my res is relatively fresh, and i had changed it because i was not very satisfied, ph was 6 so i just put in some h2o2 and some ph down, to clean up and ph my nutes. today light came on and jeez, everything has quickly gone downhill, and i was working the entire day that my feet are sore, and i really don't feel like making a new res now, but i really need it. but what i need more, is to break the cause of this issue, that seems to keep happening in my grow.

my analysis up until now: there are NO pests at all, and no root problems at all, and no PH problems, so it's something in the balance or rather imbalance in my fert levels. there is something that is at a very high level causing Ca major lockout. or can it be something else, not Ca, i'm really out of rounds on this one, i need help... I will provide some good pics, in the hope that someone scratches their heads with me, as i'm desperate, and i don't go desperate that easily :( :stoned:

there you have it, i shut the light just for this photo shooting, i hope it helps me, thanks

lost all my uploads... grrrrr ill do it again

more research done, I believe that I got somewhere. I think this is Ca lockout cause by too much potassium. Very high K levels can cause Ca to get locked out, and I can attribute that to the higher levels of mono-potassium phosphate and potassium sulfate that I have been adding, although I cut on potassium nitrate in flowering altogether, I still raise the MPK levels and I knew that I was pushing it, but I never thought that things could go bad so fast. Another thing that might be acting with the high K levels might be my source water that is around 240ppm and that might be building up on the roots causing it to block calcium, but I tried H2O2 to clean things, and things just kept going downhill, so I'm not sure of that, but I am sure that my K levels were higher than normal. I couldn't trace other things that would cause Ca to get locked out other than K and PH. If anyone has some more info on that, it would be helpful.

Anyway, I drained the res and measured my ferts diluted them in bottles, I will flush the res and clean it then make a fresh new res and will go 3/4 strength, that must put them back on track...

I just fired the 2nd 400w with 3 clones so far under it, but i will have to add more as they are smallish, these 3 clones are at a "flowerable" size i just cant wait for the others to catch up + i have the empty 1/2 of my room with light being spilled towards it where there is no reflector, so i was eager to fire it. i think that i will add 3-4 more clones in 4-5 days. i will take some pics asap, cheers :48:

Good luck on the rebound. Looks like your plants wanted to kick into Necrosis Mode.

Cheers on firing up another light! :aok:
If electricity wasn't an issue, I swear I'd hook these 4 600w fixtures up and make another space!! LOL :D

Cheers Zem!

Curious, how long since your res change? I believe 48-72 hours is a standard minimum for waiting to see if things iron out. Are you past that?

Latest posts

Back