Brix's hydro LED grow tutorial

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HighBrixMMJ

Reaction score
This will be a bit of a different grow journal. In this trail you will find a complete tutorial from setup to flower.

So, a little about the green thumb. I've been growing for seven years now, started off dropping bag seed outdoors in my back yard, and just watering! Well we all know how that turns out! So I began to do what I do whenever I get interested in something, my passion grows, and I feed it with knowledge. I've read many books on how to grow marijuana. Looking back now, not everything was great info, but through trial and error, stumbling upon this site, and interacting with, and stalking many of the phenomenal growers here, I have had great success, and learned a wealth of great info on growing MJ! My main focus has always been organic soil grows. I used 600w MH/HPS lights for flower. T5's for veg. I've always grown in a sealed room with co2 enrichment.

Here's where things get crazy. I recently moved and my new place does not allow me to mix super soils and brew ACT's. So I've evolved into hydroponics, and also I am switching my lighting to LED! I will still be vegging with my T5.

My equipment:
4 400w Mars hydro II LED's
Apollo 4x4x80 grow tent
4' 8 bulb T5ho flouros
Turbokloner t24 aeroponic cloner
440 cfm centrifigal inline fan
24x16 carbon filter
50 gal dehumidifier
20lb co2 bottle with hydro farm regulator
CAP XGC-1e complete growroom controller
Central HVAC
3x3 ebb and flow flood table
390 gph submersible pump
Air pump and air stone
40 gallon resovoirs
Ph meter
Tds meter

Nutrients and additives:
Advance nutrients jungle juice 3 part(grow,micro,bloom)
Hygrozyme
Bloombastic
Super thrive
H202
Olivia's cloning solution
Olivia's cloning gel
General hydroponics ph up and down
Cal mag

Strains:
Barneys farm critical kush
Barneys farm blue cheese
Delicious seeds sugar black rose
Dutch passion Mazar auto

I will be putting the pics up as I go. I have absolutely nothing but a room at this moment. I will be demonstrating every step fully detailed with pics along the way! Hope everyone enjoys the ride! It should be interesting! Happy trails, and please be patient as I have a full time job as well, and will be doing all updates in the evenings after work.

Last edited:
Well, green hydro mojo to you! Sounds very fun to me. I really like my LED's. What sold me is the geranium in the grow room. She has never looked so good. Bit of a learning curve for me in the manicuring of the plants for LED, but i am getting better at that.

Thanks for the journal, i will bring popcorn.

OH yeah! Can't wait to compare notes! :aok:

Tell me, how do you like the smell of the Bloombastic? It's my absolute favorite smell out of every additive I use!

OH yeah! Can't wait to compare notes! :aok:

Tell me, how do you like the smell of the Bloombastic? It's my absolute favorite smell out of every additive I use!

Well, I just smelled it for the first time, it does smell pleasant! So wait....you've smelled all of your nutes?...that's a little strange.:rofl:

You haven't smelled all your nutes and additives?

That's a little strange ;) :D

LOL--if you are growing organic, that is not always a pleasant thing to do...

....not always pleasant with chem either HAHAH! :D :rofl:

:aok: But indeed, organic.. BLEH!! hah! I used some Rhizotonic this last run, and that stuff smells exactly like fish guts! hah!

Thanks everyone. I've been putting in long hours at work, so I havnt progressed on my room, lol. But sat. And sun. Are my days for sure. Check back for pics!

Work ? Work ? I thought that cuss words were not allowed on MP. Sorry, us old retired farts used that cuss word too many times. Now we can set back and watch. Work, stop cussin` at us and grow, grow, grow.

So, I had a lot more on my plate then I imagined! I've finally got things all squared away in my room, like I still had boxes in there with stuff in it that was never unpacked from the move three months ago! Lol got it all sorted and went through all my grow stuff, bought some large wire shelves and stocked it with all my nutes and tools. Tomorrow I will put together the tent and ebb and flow table and finally have some pics to post! This is gonna be a long journal packed with pics and step by step how to instructions. Hopefully someone will find it helpful when setting up a grow for the first time. I know I do better with pics and instructions when I'm trying to learn something new! So stay tuned folks!

Sorry about the sideways pics, but here's the tent erected. I have to figure out how to flip these pics. I'm using my iPad. It also won't let me upload more than one pic! Anyone's help is appreciated!

View attachment image.jpg

Latest posts

Back