First time grower using ebb and grow system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i put it together, so obviously its not an issue for me, I tried many configurations and this is what worked out best. The cords all stay at the height of the lights, so 5 ft off the ground ish. but when you see the flower tent pics you will see a difference.

just ordered 6 new buckets for the flower tent hopefully they come in next week, I will be ordering a new controller tomorrow, my new seeds should be coming in soon, cant wait.

You will find with almost every grow you do, that your setup will evolve. As you do stuff and learn things, and pick up little tricks, you will make changes and adjustments until you have it all dialed in :)................ Then you will decide that you want to go bigger, or in a different place and you will start the process all over again :doh:

well i put it together, so obviously its not an issue for me, I tried many configurations and this is what worked out best. The cords all stay at the height of the lights, so 5 ft off the ground ish. but when you see the flower tent pics you will see a difference.

It must look like it, but we're not ganging up on you, Gooch :)
If you're as sure-footed as a billy goat, you'll be fine in there!
BUT... neatness counts too
Can you still get those porcelin lamp bases?
I'd parallel them on a 2 x4 and have just have the one feeder

The plants look great!

just ordered 6 new buckets for the flower tent hopefully they come in next week, I will be ordering a new controller tomorrow, my new seeds should be coming in soon, cant wait.

HDPE #2 plastic?
I mention this because I thought I was oh so clever researching and buying the good stuff but totally dismissed the storage totes I use to let the water sit and de-chlorinate... I just went down and checked, BOTH were the crappy stuff. Friggen' details.

Well i ordered cap 6 bucket expansion kit so should be the same buckets i have, and i did not think anyone was ganging up on me.

Hey Gooch, I like the avatar pic. "Starry Night"?..... Or "stony night"? :D

I see the tops of the crown royals showing a little stress due to evaporation of liquids, my ppm was at 1400 and my ph was stopped at 5.6 then i noticed i lost a **** ton of water so i filled it back up got the ppm down to 1050 and ph is at 5.8, lets see what happens. I noticed the curling over of the new growth leaves which set off alarms in my hollow head

That's cool animation. I love art, especially when I am high. I went to the Ballet yesterday and took a small bowl of hash with me and burned on the way there. I like the Ballet and a real good buzz makes it fascinating :D

I think you did the right thing with the water. They also look to me like they are getting a little hot and/or dry stuffy air on top. Do you have good air movement within the grow space? and good ventilation?

I have one fan pushing out, my temp is 21c and rh is 62, it was as high as 70 before i turned on the fan

I also moved the cfls up because my fimmed one is getting to large, I may have to move her quicker then i had hoped. hope the buckets come in soon

Is it ok to top after sexual maturity is reached? mine are a bit too tall and i think its going to cause a problem in the flower room although that tent is larger. I dont know the general rule of thumb is double plus half if im not mistaken

if you think they will be a problem in flowering, then they probably will be a problem. Yes you can top, but some strains react differently to it. I top whenever i can and then prune lower parts too in the early days of flowering

If you know its going to be some time before you can move them to flower, you can top them to any level you want (if they aren't Hardcore Indicas, which look like tobacco when growing). You could top them all the way back down to very low, or as far back as there is green growth. I wouldn't recommend that much except for a "mother" plant. But if you want to cut back several nodes to give them another couple weeks of grow time, it shouldn't be a problem.

ok so on the 16th i moved the girls into the flower chamber, and have them on 2 600w hps and 1 240 led, fighting highs and lows in temp swings,because its getting colder during the day now when the light is off. I am going to pick up a tiny personal heater to put in the tent and come on when the lights go out, I am also going to get a rez heater as my temp is down to 66 i would like it up the 70 range

View attachment flower room.jpg

View attachment wonderwoman 1.jpg

View attachment 10-18-bubblicious.jpg

View attachment 10-18-hindu-kush.jpg

View attachment 10-18-wonderwoman-2.jpg

View attachment 10-18-fimmed.jpg

View attachment 10-18-flower-2days.jpg

View attachment 10-18-flower-2days-1.jpg

I see some skills in your plants Gooch........ good work....... now the real show starts........ green mojo.

grower no skill at all this is basically my 3rd attempt in my lifetime i successfully grew 22 years ago once, then i tried again in june killed her in july, tried again in aug and here we are. I appreciate the compliment and hopefully everything works out. I am dealing with some high fluctuations in temp from 90 to 60 so that is not very good i am picking up a heater today to maintain 80ish in there when lights are out

Latest posts

Back