Recommedations for 1:1 strains and high CBD strains

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hackerman

Reaction score
I am going to do a CBD grow and I have been reading up on some of the different strains. I thought I would post some of what I found and maybe someone could comment on it.

That's the nice thing about MP (and, someone else said it) there's no seed sales here so it's just someone's true opinion.

I started out with the idea of doing a high CBD: low THC strain but I started reading about some of the 1:1 strains and I want to try that as well.

So, earlier, in another thread we were talking about ValentineX. According to Leafly (https://www.leafly.com/hybrid/valentine-x) Valentine is a 50/50 Indica/Sativa with a 25:1 CBD:THC ratio.

A parent of ValX is ACDC, s Sativa dom which claims a 20:1 CBD (https://www.leafly.com/hybrid/acdc).

I think Rosi mentioned in that same thread that she wasn't real thrilled with Charlotte's Web (a sativa dom https://www.leafly.com/sativa/charlottes-web).

High CBD strains are pretty easy to find because the seed banks seem to sort them out.

However, the 1:1 strains don't seem to be listed separately as often. I found a few...

Sin City's Cancer's Nightmare... http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Cancers_Nightmare/Sin_City_Seeds/

No reviews on that so far.

Cannatonic http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Cannatonic/Resin_Seeds/ and https://www.leafly.com/hybrid/cannatonic seems to be a very popular breeder for the 1:1 strains.

However, I have read that if you buy these seeds, you still might not get a high CBD ratio. It will depend on the pheno. So you need to actually send the plant in for testing before knowing your actual ratio.

Even Cannatonic came with the warning, "THC:CBD ratios will vary depending on the phenotype. Cannatonic can produce ratios of 1:30, 1:1, and 30:1 THC to CBD."

Sour Tsunami was another common 1:1 http://herb.co/strains/sour-tsunami/ and http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Sour_Tsunami/Southern_Humboldt_Seeds_Collective/

Just wondering if any of you have comments on any of these or suggestions for other high CBD and 1:1 strains.

Thanks

they all are the popular ones....however, because 1:1 strains are a bit hard to find and sure you are getting 1:1 it is easier to take rso of a high THC and a high CBD and mix them

Yeah, I am also finding that the US based seed banks don't have crap for stock of these strains. Attitude and Herbies have plenty of all of them so it's not the end of the world. But, it would be nice to order seeds stateside.

I like smoking my weed. I don't really want to take pills and oils and stuff. Which brings up a question. Do you get the CBD benefits when you smoke it? Or, does it have to be extracted and taken orally?

To be honest (and, I don't mean to make any enemies on this but) I have never felt any of the claimed health benefits of cannabis. I suffer from about 10 of the canna treatable conditions such as pain, PTSD, Bi-polar, anxiety, stomach disorders and more than a few more and, again, to be completely honest, I don't feel pot has provided any relief from any of those conditions.

Maybe wondering if a high CBD or a 1:1 would be any different.

One way to find out. LOL Grow grow.

Umbra, what do you think about cannatonic? That seems to be one of the most popular (and the mother of many) of the high CBD strains. Don't they call her the "Queen of CBD" or something like that? LOL

the high CBD strains don't taste very good as smoke, I just find it easier to take as rso in a capsule. A bit easier to dose as well.
Cannatonic is one of the better tasting cbd strains, perhaps that is why it is so popular.

Hmmmm? I wonder why the high CBD strains aren't tasty.

I did see one cannatonic cross boasting an "earthy" taste. LOL

I did find some ValentineX seeds but they aren't real popular at most of the seed sites.

Thanks for the input, bud. Hope the foot is healing.

I have some Harley-tsu seeds I made Hackerman i would share with you. I haven't had mine tested either though so it is a crap shoot unless you get a clone. The taste is in my opinion because of the amount of hemp that is in the plant. Bugs don't bother it as bad as non cbd plants. Valentine hits you immediately on inhale almost. My arms grew, my neck relaxed for the first time in 10 years or so.

When I take oil I have no stomach problems. Unless the oil is too strong then I barf. lovely tmi. sorry. It has fixed my blood sugar issues and my high blood pressure is gone if I am taking the oil.

I hopefully will have a Franks gift x Valentine seeds as well as pennywise x valentine. Those should be stable as far as their %'s. Because the females are clones.

The valentine would probably help your anxiety Hackerman.

I had a pot doctor tell me that cannabis just wants to produce homeostasis in the body, but if you drink alcohol all the benefits from pot won't take. Gotta eat good, live clean. lol bummer dude.

I have not been able to find Cannatonic at any US seedbanks.

There are a number of crosses and the Cannatonic is available at all the overseas banks. Just nothing here.

Looks like Resin Seeds is the original breeder for Cannatonic and they have a new cross... Diesel Tonic. New York Diesel x Cannatonic.

I hear the Cannatonic tastes like cherry cough syrup. Yummy. LOL

Hang on till late fall Hackerman i will have cbd's galore and will share with everyone who wants them and that means you.

I have a ton of seeds I will trade here too

Hackerman, I am also going to be doing a CBD grow this fall. I had wanted to grow a few this summer, but ended up with only 1 CBD, Shark Shock CBD, in indica. Frequent trips to Idaho resulted in some small CBDs I had going being neglected and they did not make it.

So far, I think that I am going to grow some more Shark Shock CBD, an Indica that I like to smoke at night. I have a couple of seeds of Candida, an AC/DC x Harlequin cross that is supposed to be 20:1. I have a couple of seeds of Green Crack CBD as I am wanting a high CBD sativa, also. I will also just be keeping my eyes open for anything else that looks good.

You know Hackerman, I often wonder if I have reaped any benefits from a lifetime of smoking cannabis. But then I look at my friends that are around my age and realize that I m in better shape than most of them. And I don't take handfuls of pharmaceuticals every day. And as Rosebud said, ya gotta eat right and live (at least relatively) clean. For instance, most of my stomach problems go away if I watch what I eat and drink....and don't let anxiety get ahold of me.

You know Hackerman, I often wonder if I have reaped any benefits from a lifetime of smoking cannabis. But then I look at my friends that are around my age and realize that I m in better shape than most of them. And I don't take handfuls of pharmaceuticals every day. And as Rosebud said, ya gotta eat right and live (at least relatively) clean. For instance, most of my stomach problems go away if I watch what I eat and drink....and don't let anxiety get ahold of me.

I couldn't agree more. Next year on July 4th, 2018, I will have been smoking pot ALMOST EVERY DAY for a half a century. LMAO What a case study I would have been. LMAO

And, I am in 10x better shape than most of my friends. I have old man problems like knees and back and arthritis but I go to the gym regularly and I eat great so I'm not sure how much the pot has to do with it. But, as my wife says, How would I know? LMAO

And, like you, in spite of the doctors trying to convince me otherwise, I don't take ANY pharms at all. My blood press is a little high because I'm smoking right now. But, I just had all my blood work done and I am A-OK inside. Going for the colonoscopy and endoscopy at the end of the month. Should be done with doctors for another 10 years. LOL

I'm sure the pot has helped with the mental pains but I have never agreed with the philosophy that pot treats physical pain. Although, as the Mrs says, How would I know. LMAO That's why I want to try a CBD grow.

My health and pain problems are not a result of my recent lifestyle. Prior to about 20 years ago, I was a screaming drunk and drug addict. And, was that way for over 20 years. Lots of car wrecks (over 50 of them altogether) and falling down. I used to fall down A LOT. LOL One meal a day and it was usually a pizza or sub sandwich at 3AM after the bars closed. I dated some chick that was a health freak and she used to comment all the time how "gray" my complexion always was. LOL I did a lot of damage to my body during those years. And, I am paying dearly for it now. LOL

How pot has affected my health over those 50 years is impossible to determine. However, with all the research today and all the claims of health benefits from Cannabis, who knows. I might be dead now, if not for cannabis. Mrs Hackerman was showing me an article about how pot actually provides antioxidants to the blood and can actually EXTEND life. My wife said, if that's true, I'm going to live forever. LOL

And, thanks, Rosie, you're a sweetheart. ;)

Well, I just ordered 5 Dieseltonic seeds from Southern Oregon Seeds.

I'll be sending cash as always. I have had good luck so far sending cash. 100% in fact so I'm due for a screw-up. LOL

There seems to be a big craze toward CBD seeds. I noticed ALL seeds are CBD seeds now. LMAO CBD OG Kush, CBD White Widow, etc etc. LOL

I went with Resin Seeds because they are being touted as the leader in CBD seeds. And, they got together with someone else and formed the CBD Crew. If it's not all sales bull, those 2 might be good breeders to look at for CBD strains.

That's why I figured I would try the Dieseltonic.

Still like to get some of the stuff that tastes like cherry cough syrup. LOL

Not to be the grump in the room, but outta all three seasons from seed of cannatonic, it's never tasted like cherry anything. From spicy black pepper to slightly less peppery. Also three phenotypes that go to polar opposite sides of the spectrum. Last seasons tested 15:.69 thc:cbd
Emailed resin seeds asking how they can market a strain as high cbd, when there's one of three phenotypes that have "high" thc to virtually no cbd? They just responded with, yup, there's that phenotype...
The only way to know you are going to be growing cbd meds, is from a tested clone. Or, just keep that in mind. I do not trust the "cbd seeds" being marketed without breeding them down to anything stable. Just my .02 Good luck on the hunt.

Absolutely right. I was saying it earlier with the "All seeds are CBD seeds" comment.

Everyone is jumping on the bandwagon.

I'll try a few different strains and a few phenos from each and see if I notice any difference over any other pot in the past 50 years. LOL I doubt I will.

I've grown a couple of cbd plants a 2:1 and am now growing the harlequin, supposed to be 5:2... but without testing how can you know. I'm just looking for a strain that makes me feel good but without getting quite so spacey. The current one does that when I take it as oil... if I smoke it, then it's another story but even then it mellows after a half hour or so unless I over do it. I'm a real lightweight though when it comes to pot. My wife on the other hand doesn't seem to be able to get high at all. But personally I think she is afraid to try. I'd love to find a source for some tested high cbd clones. I just don't have a lot of room to grow especially in winter.

I got an email from the seed bank that my Dieseltonic seeds are on the way.

Now, I need to set up a Chromotography lab so I can do some testing. :)

Not to be the grump in the room, but outta all three seasons from seed of cannatonic, it's never tasted like cherry anything. From spicy black pepper to slightly less peppery. Also three phenotypes that go to polar opposite sides of the spectrum. Last seasons tested 15:.69 thc:cbd
Emailed resin seeds asking how they can market a strain as high cbd, when there's one of three phenotypes that have "high" thc to virtually no cbd? They just responded with, yup, there's that phenotype...
The only way to know you are going to be growing cbd meds, is from a tested clone. Or, just keep that in mind. I do not trust the "cbd seeds" being marketed without breeding them down to anything stable. Just my .02 Good luck on the hunt.

Do testing a clone would be at harvest. There is no way to test a leaf before you breed it?
I hate that Ston~ that they aren't stable. That is no way to make meds huh. Turn a lot of folks off that don't want to get blasted with their cbd's.

I think that once you have a mature flower, you can send THAT for testing and if it's high in CBD, the clones from that plant will be also. No way to tell from seeds.

So, you would have to either re-veg that plant after harvesting a mature flower. Or, you would have to clone it before flowering and save or toss the clone based upon the test results.

Definitely a hassle either way but once you have a pheno that is high in CBD you could clone it forever. I cloned the same strain for over 20 years.

Ideally, you live in a legal state and buy a clone that comes from a mother that has already been tested. Not an option for me.

Latest posts

Back