Scrog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow very impressed I thanked you before and will do so again many more time it seems. Only on page one of the thread can't wait to read the rest of it. I also will be trying both this and the cool tube try so much and please always stop in with your opinions in my threads please! Look forward to your future ideas and knowledge.

This is AWESOME!!
If I may ask, whens a good time to apply Scrog? I plan to LST my plants as well. When should I start?

I would either lst or scrog. I just couldn't do a good lst, so I decided to do a scrog. I just had better luck with it. You really don't need to do both as they accomplish basically the same thing.

after reading the 10 pages of this thread, I think this is the setup, I would like to do. Seems simple enough. Did i read right, this is a 2x4 room setup? If you had more room would you add another plant or 2 with the same amount of light? 4x4 maybe?

This was actually done in a space a little over 4 sq ft. I'm thinking it was something like 28 x 22. I used a dual 150W HPS in a cool tube--300W putting out 30,000 lumens. I think that if you want to do a scrog you need to start with fem seeds (from a reputable breeder with stable stock) or clones.

If you make your space larger, you need more light. You are aiming for a minimum of 5000 lumens per sq ft for flowering. So a 2 x 4 space needs 40,000 lumens, a 16 sq ft space 80,000. And keep in mind these are minimums.

nice write up and looks awesome. 1 question. Did you let them naturally work there way through the chicken wire or did you guide them where you wanted?

you guide them mono, you start training the plant a bit in veg, super cropping and some lst to get it ready for a scrog. once its ready and in flower you add the screen, every 2 or 3 days you raise the screen a little bit to allow the canopy to stay even without squishing the plant down, while your raising the screen up a fuzz every few days you train the branches under the screen so everything es even above the screen, basically no bud sites under the screen ONLY above, so brances only are below with new growth growing up through the screen, keep training the plant under the screen untill the plant stops its stretch phase, around the end of week 2 or 3 depending on strain.

I did it quite different than how sunakard is describing. As soon as the vegging clones got about 6-8", I added the screen. I had to keep pushing the growing tips under the screen so the plant would grow vertically under the screen. I would move the branches and growing tips around so that the screen was covered somewhat evenly. When I put them into flower, I let the growing tips poke up through the screen. They will do this naturally, looking for the light. I didn't have to manually guide them at all.

How do you get so many branches so quickly? Just by topping?

The Hemp Goddess said:
I did it quite different than how sunakard is describing. As soon as the vegging clones got about 6-8", I added the screen. I had to keep pushing the growing tips under the screen so the plant would grow vertically under the screen. I would move the branches and growing tips around so that the screen was covered somewhat evenly. When I put them into flower, I let the growing tips poke up through the screen. They will do this naturally, looking for the light. I didn't have to manually guide them at all.

The setup would have to be in one room I would assume. Having to use the scrog setup in veg, fill the screen then flip to 12/12 hps. Since I have a seperate veg area, it would make it harder for me because of space and having to move them to the flower tent.

I would love to be able to do the scrog method one day. Maybe I can do it on a much smaller level and have a portable scrog net.

MoNoXide, i hve veggie in one n will have a flowering setup in another, but will make the flowering, after the plants harvest , into a veggie n flowering room in one

lovbnstoned said:
MoNoXide, i hve veggie in one n will have a flowering setup in another, but will make the flowering, after the plants harvest , into a veggie n flowering room in one

how do you pull it from the screen and move it to the flower area? or do you have it connected to the pot(s)?

MoNoXiDe said:
The setup would have to be in one room I would assume. Having to use the scrog setup in veg, fill the screen then flip to 12/12 hps. Since I have a seperate veg area, it would make it harder for me because of space and having to move them to the flower tent.

I would love to be able to do the scrog method one day. Maybe I can do it on a much smaller level and have a portable scrog net.

Not necessarily. I made this so it could be moved. The frame for the screen was connected to the top of the tote. I could lift the top off (screen, pots and all) and set in another place or on another tote of like size.

yeah THG made a "personal" scrog, where as most people make a large screen for multiple plants, i love the whole idea of a personal scrog screen per plant, if i had the materials id totaly go that route, but at the moment a simple 3x3 screen will be far more then enough for about 6 plants, maybe a 3x4 if needed. defently something to look into Monoxide, by using a really ghetto scrog screen i bumped the harvest from 1.5-2.5oz per plant up to just a tad under 4oz per plant. the even canopy defently improves yield and by quite a lot too if yah ask me. much easier to manage too then just simple LST/supercropping and a bit of bondage to keep things even-ish. i would try a scrog with 1 plant with something like THGs single plant scrog screen, just to get a taste of how to work with a scrog screen, get some experience on that under your belt before you attempt a full scale multi plant scrog. it can be overwhelming the first time around but all in all its a stupidly simple method.

I may just go with 1 plant scrog, and keep the other 4 on a perpetual schedule. i have room to comfortably fit 5 plants in the flower tent. Its the veg area that worries me. I will have 2 mama's in there to clone from, clone area, 1 plant scrog in veg, and 2 for the perpetual schedule. thats going to be tight. I will have to figure out how to make this work. This is a lot to take on for my 1st indoor go. I'm up for the task though.

You might want to consider not keeping moms if space is at a premium. I have never kept moms--I just take clones from clones.

Greatest thing i ever saw wild imigination very nice and cool. 888

Latest posts

Back