Lights, camera, bud pic.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one is completely manual. It either flies, or it don't. Either way, you know I'll make the best of it;) I got plenty of time now to play around and see what works, if at all.

nvthis said:
Wow, I thought my stoner butt already asked this, but I guess not...:D

Hey leaf, that's a great shot for sure man. So how did you set up the back drop? What setting did you find most useful? What kind of lighting were you using? How did you get this great shot man??

Totally different method actually. The backdrop was originally black plastic but it looked horrible. Lighting was just outside in diffused sunlight, light cloud.
When I looked at it I could tell the arrangement and colours were good but the backdrop looked pretty awful, so ... I spent about 3 hours with Photoshop, turning all the background into total black. I had to go pixel by pixel around the edges, using very high magnification. I nearly gave up before it was finished.
I'm going to see if I can buy some black velvet!

nvthis said:
This one is completely manual. It either flies, or it don't. Either way, you know I'll make the best of it;) I got plenty of time now to play around and see what works, if at all.

Seems to me it would be best for video mode! Good idea.

nvthis,

What was the thing to start with? A picture doesn't help me to know what to look for in a catalog or what to ask the counterman for.

Make, model and source would be very helpful too.

It looks like a great idea for axillary lighting. What is the light like, day light, cool white, warm white or what?

Thanks man.

Great smoking.

It was a cheap led light that had magnets on the back so you could stick it to the underneath side of the hood of a vehicle (for light when working under the hood). The only thing on the case was the word 'Skil'. I have since discarded the entire thing except for the bulbs. It was at Kragen at the front counter. Sorry for the limited info bro, but that should get you on your way;)

nvthis,

Thanks. I'm not surprised that you couldn't find information on it at Kragen.

Great smoking.

Well, I've been avoiding this thread because I wanted to learn so much, and the camera I have doesn't work for me with limited vision and in the wheelchair. I need a camera with a moveable LED screen.

I just found out that Sears still does old fashioned LAYAWAY, and they carry what looks like a terrific camera for me--a Canon SX20 IS. It has the swivel screen, and is 12.1 megapixels and 20X zoom. $50 down and $80 every other week. I can handle that!

So with renewed enthusiasm, I just wanted to ask all the successful camera folks here if anyone has ever used this camera and if you like it?

It's $400, and that's my HID, but on layaway, it's doable. Though I need the HID, the hydro store doesn't do layaway so it must be camera time!

LOVE this thread so much, and can't wait to catch up! I have the whole thread printed out and ready to study and try hard once I get my new camera.

Leafminer, what a story about the plastic backdrop and having to spend hours in photoshop pixel by pixel making it work! I hope you have found your black velvet. But wow, the results you got were sure worth the time spent. That is one lovely, gorgeous, delicious shot!

NVThis, thank you so much for this thread. It's fantastic and loaded with so much terrific information.

Hey nvthis thanks for inviteing me to this thread i used picasa 3 as i do in all my pics
first of i used chop to get the pic i wanted to start with also sharpen in the effects then i change it to B&W and played with the film grain and finaly soft focus and after atleast 1 hour of playing i ended up with the shot alot of the time i just snap and post in my GJ but this pic and the invite to your thread has gave me a confidence boost so you may see more of me around here well not me :D my pics
i think this pic work well b/c it central and the soft focus seems to make the bud stand out my eyes dont stray around the pic there just beemed in on the middle hope you guys enjoy the pic as much as i do :)
i forgot the cam it was tuck with is nothing special its a samsung ES55 10.2mega pixel 3x zoom

SDC10808-1.JPG

MM~ Yer gonna bring it girl, I can feel it! Remember: Just keep your finger on that button:D

FB86~ Thanks for bringing that by;)

Hamster Lewis said:
Okay Ladies came out for a watering and some pics were taken...tried a cpl towards the end while covering up about 90% of the flash...nothing special

I like this one the best though...View attachment 145024

What strain is in the photos?

Some of my past work outside and inside a 3yr hybrid ...inside same strain 2nd yr. shows development from 8wks v stage to 10 weeks f stage.:)

Photo09211901.jpg

Photo09211904.jpg

8 weeks (3).JPG

4weeks@12-12 (4).JPG

4weeks@12-12 (5).JPG

Budshaman said:
Some of my past work outside and inside a 3yr hybrid ...inside same strain 2nd yr. shows development from 8wks v stage to 10 weeks f stage.:)

Huh???? WTH is a 3 yr hybrid?? :holysheep:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1400191884982.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 171
  • uploadfromtaptalk1400191909523.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 170
  • uploadfromtaptalk1400191928814.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 168
  • uploadfromtaptalk1400191942704.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 165
NICE :) I like the red effect set of pictures. Makes those pistols POP :) Great work.
Continuing, here are some backdrops of different colors offering some pretty cool affects. Some look like weird sunsets, some look like they were taken under water.. Take a look. Redneck enginuity never had it so good!:D

Tricks, hints and tips: In the fabric section at Wamart you can get a yard of clothe for about $2. It's all you really need. The colors there are amazing. But, like I said, almost anything can be used as a backdrop

Hints, Tricks and tips: The sunset or underwater appearance was accomplished like this... I taped a piece of sheet to the back wall in the corner of my flower room. I set the bud in front of it then reflected the flash blast into the wall directly to my right with a mirror. The wall to my right was lined with mylar, which is crinkly and wavey. This, in turn, diffused the light even more and blasted it onto the backdrop, creating this effect. Basically I bent the light around the bud and onto the background. Pretty cool for a redneck, huh?:D

Tips, tricks and hints: If you really want to flood your bud with great light, try this... Set up your camera directly under the hood in your flower room. Reflect the flash straight up into your hood. This, with the room surrounded in mylar, will give you the most incredible light flood on your bud!

Latest posts

Back