Watering cycles for areoponics system help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Toker

Living Large
Reaction score
What cycles for watering are used for aeroponics. I have heard 5 min on and 15 min off. I am not finding any info on the web. Your help is appreciated

:ccc:The Toker:ccc:

I was told to always use a cycle timer when doing aero. I like to run 1 minute on 4 minutes off. This way the pump doesn't get too warm and warm up the res temp too much.

I am in the process of building an aero system and have done alot of reading over the last few weeks. What I have found is people say that if you run the sprayer 24/7 it keeps the roots a bit smaller than if you do a cycle. I am going to run 24/7 myself cuz I have seen some pics with crazy root systems with Aero. If I am incorrect with any of this please let me know. :D

Elven said:
I am in the process of building an aero system and have done alot of reading over the last few weeks. What I have found is people say that if you run the sprayer 24/7 it keeps the roots a bit smaller than if you do a cycle. I am going to run 24/7 myself cuz I have seen some pics with crazy root systems with Aero. If I am incorrect with any of this please let me know. :D

Watch the temps in your res. Running your pump 24/7 will raise the temp of your nute solution, sometimes considerably. A chiller to keep the temps lower costs a lot more than a cycle timer.

BuddyLuv said:
I run 24/7. I need to take a temp reading of my res. I do not have any algea problems so I guess it doesn't get to warm.

Algea does not grow as a result of warm res temps. Algea grows in the presence of light. However, if your roots look white and healthy and your plants are growing as they should, your temps are probably within okay limits. But it wouldn't hurt to take a temp reading...

The Hemp Goddess said:
Algea does not grow as a result of warm res temps. Algea grows in the presence of light. However, if your roots look white and healthy and your plants are growing as they should, your temps are probably within okay limits. But it wouldn't hurt to take a temp reading...

Yea figured out that the small led on my fog system was causing enough light to cause slimy growth on the roots. So I used black nail polish to cover it up then some 100% pure silicon to seal it. Also my res temps were up to the high 80's from the heat caused by the ultrasonic fog generator. I have started using two, 1 gallon containers filled with water and frozen to keep the res temps close to 60 and that is helping alot. :hubba:

Are you using a submersable pump? You could go for like an inline and if my thinking is correct, then you would not have to worry about temps rising due to running the pump 24/7.

I am using submersible, but its the ultrasonic that is my main source of heat. its a known effect but I didn't realize how hot. its working well now. I am almost to day 14 of flowering :D. I decided not to do any kind of LST or HST this time so I could get a baseline of what I produce.

My res sits on the basement floor so it is not an issue. water is always considerably colder to the touch.

Latest posts

Back