NV's organic soil mix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drfting07 said:
For anyone looking for the recipe heres a link

How many gallons does this make?

I assume "tb" means table spoons? Is this correct?

I assume that "1c Humic Acid" means one cup? Is this correct?

Thanks.

I cut the recipe in half and mixed it real well, then put it into two large trash barrels. Then added a few gallons of water with molasses mixed in. Is this how it is supposed to be done?

hey NV quick question, im aobut to put some ladies that just sexed, they are about 6 weeks old, into 1 gallon pots, is 30% of your soil a safe amount for a 1 gallon pot?

How often do you stir up this mix? If I let it sit for more than a couple days it gets white fuzzy stuff on the top. Is this normal? I try to stir it every day or two but sometimes I get busy and it doesn't get done for three or four days.

I stir mine every few days, That white fuzzy stuff is not only normal, but good, it means its cooking :)

Iron Emmett said:
hey NV quick question, im aobut to put some ladies that just sexed, they are about 6 weeks old, into 1 gallon pots, is 30% of your soil a safe amount for a 1 gallon pot?

Only way to tell on a trial run with a strain and the mix is give it a go. I generally put 75% hot, but thats for multi plant pots. A single I did 50%. But start at 30% and get a feel for it.

Thanks NV, i just wanted to make sure that in a small of pot, it wasnt gonna just cook her up :)

I did a 25% mix with mine and they are looking fine, but that was a 3 gal grow bag.

Thanks THG, they will only be in the 1 gallons for 2-3 weeks hopefully they will do as nicely.

I am going to use 15 gallon smart pots for my outside grow and was planning on using 50% hot mix. Cannot wait to put the ladies outside.

Well i got all 3 of my new babies in the super soil, 2 female and 1 male Hashberry by Mandala, they are about 6 weeks old, gonna let em veg another 3ish weeks, let my closet clear out a bit then toss em in :)

OK, a couple of basic and logical questions based upon the instructions below:

1. I assume that tb means tablespoons (normally abbreviated as tbs)?
2. I assume that 1 c humic acid means 1 cup humid acid?

Thanks.

First one with it. 20 days in. Holding strong.

18cf organic soil or Pro mix or the like
2cf rice hulls
1tb per gal of medium or 12c, soybean meal
1tb per gal of medium or 12c, alfalfa meal
10lb's bone meal
18 cups Dolomite lime
4lb's epsom
6lb's rock phosphate
5lb's Azomite
1c humic acid
6lb's kelp meal
6lb's green sand
8lb's Bio-tone/Plant-tone(depot)

DiamondJim420 said:
OK, a couple of basic and logical questions based upon the instructions below:

1. I assume that tb means tablespoons (normally abbreviated as tbs)?
2. I assume that 1 c humic acid means 1 cup humid acid?

Thanks.

First one with it. 20 days in. Holding strong.

18cf organic soil or Pro mix or the like
2cf rice hulls
1tb per gal of medium or 12c, soybean meal
1tb per gal of medium or 12c, alfalfa meal
10lb's bone meal
18 cups Dolomite lime
4lb's epsom
6lb's rock phosphate
5lb's Azomite
1c humic acid
6lb's kelp meal
6lb's green sand
8lb's Bio-tone/Plant-tone(depot)

yup! use promix BX btw ppl............not the HP...and 20-30gal of molasses water for the cooking process... ie.. 30 days!

My ladies have been in the super soil for a few days now, experiencing some leaf curl like crazy, but they are already getting taller and greener.

I'll take some pics in a few days.

Iron Emmett said:
Well i got all 3 of my new babies in the super soil, 2 female and 1 male Hashberry by Mandala, they are about 6 weeks old, gonna let em veg another 3ish weeks, let my closet clear out a bit then toss em in :)

Gonna do a bit of pollen chucking?

Good idea.

Wet

Iron Emmett said:
My ladies have been in the super soil for a few days now, experiencing some leaf curl like crazy, but they are already getting taller and greener.

I'll take some pics in a few days.

Haha. They all do. Some worse than others. At 3500 ppm, straight up shock effect.

Wetdog said:
Gonna do a bit of pollen chucking?

Good idea.

Wet

Yep!

Gonna be my first try, this Male is stinky as hell, he stinks more in veg than some plants ive flowered, so i gotta try to rub some of that stank on some ladies :)

Man I love this mix almost no work not that I don't love being camped out in my forest. Next season when I give myself more time I'll be doing it. Although I said that 3 years ago when SC had his supersoil. What about adding some beni nematodes and some wigglers to process the life and nutes. Im guessing the mix doesn't need any help. the bio you add special to you cause the amount or the types of beni's in it great recipe NV

Latest posts

Back