Vape Concentrates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

The Hemp Goddess

Anyone making their own vape concentrates? I am getting more into the e-cig type vape pens you can buy at the dispensaries as the selections get more varied. So, after paying almost $80 for 1 gram of Harlequin, naturally, I am wondering if I can make it cheaper than I can buy it. I have experimented some, but with various not that good extraction methods...so, let's get serious.

I purchased a gram of Cinex BHO extract, 66.34% THC (have I mentioned lately how nice it is to live in a legal state :clap:) from the dispensary. The next decision was liquidizer/emulsifier. Reading up, Vapeur Extract seemed to have the best reviews--the concentrate dissolved well, did not separate, and didn't have a chemical taste. It has not arrived yet, but is on the way. Any words of wisdom before I get down to making the vape liquid?

I would PM Umbra about this i'm pretty sure he makes them

I thought you used EJmix and made you own from concentrates THC?

I did my own extract with a rosin press, and used a different liquidizer, but it is all the same. I figured it was easiest to try and do a 50/50 mix first. I put about .25g in a shot glass and an equal amount of liquidizer and in the microwave for 10 seconds. Mix it then used a syringe for filling an e cig and filled the cart. Getting the right mix and the right liquidizer is the hard part. Keef tried one, he liked it. I thought that the ones I made hit harder than the ones I buy at the dispensary.

I usually do a half gram of hash oil to 1ml of liquidizer and microwave it for 8 seconds, whip it with a glass rod and fill a used cart with a syringe. I take old carts I have used, refill and gift them to others. I would say they hit about the same as a store bought, not as pretty but they will bang your head.

Howdy THG. Been missing you Mam.
I personally love the Cartridges. I get them for 60.00 from one of my Brothers. Dont know crap about making my own. Hope you get it figured out. Bet you love your new place.
Love yas THG

Kraven, I have messed around with it, but haven't been thrilled with the results. I was using something called DB Pro that was supposed to be able to liquidize concentrates, but it did an half-azzed job. And has a bit of an after taste that I would like to avoid. I also was using kief or hash (which I can make), but wanted to try some BHO that I know the THC percentage. I was using way more than 50/50 to get the hash to dissolve--much like the guy in the video (thanks budlight).

As this is for me and my experienced smoker friends, I think I will go for a 50/50 mix as you did umbra. Can you remember what kind of liquidizer you used? I don't think I would ever have considered the microwave--worry that it would do "something" to the concentrate--if you guys didn't use it. But sure is easier than getting the rice cooker out.

Weedhopper, I miss you guys too. I am running back and forth to Idaho. I had thousands and thousands of dollars of damage to my place there that is not covered by insurance. Snow levels were above the windows in most places ( had 11' of snow there last winter before compaction). Snow and torrential rain caused damage (determined to be flood damage) to the house, not covered by normal insurance. Heading back up there Tues to start tearing out floors and replacing them. The covered damage probably will not exceed the deductible....sigh.

Thanks for all your advise and the video link. It has helped. If the liquid comes today, I will be mixing some vape concentrate up this weekend. If not, I will have to wait until I get back from Idaho. But I will let you all know how it goes.

Dang THG,,,,sorry to hear about your house,,that sucks. Wishing you the best and sending Positive Energy your way.
Love Yas Mam

THG, that is horrible about your other house. Of course, you didn't have it insured it was empty? I am so sorry about that. Will you have help up there? I hope so.

Good luck with your ecigs.

Hey THG I use a product called wax liquidizer. It was recommended to me by someone at another site. It worked pretty good. I haven't used EJmix, so no idea. The instructions said to use the microwave and I was very skeptical...very. But pleasantly surprised at how well they turned out.

Wow, THG...really sorry the house got damaged. I had been wondering why you didn't seem to be in as many threads as usual lately. Hope the repairs go well.....I found water damage in my spare bedroom next to a shower / tub wall yesterday too so Tuesday the plumber, and mold / water damage team will be here....and also the insurance adjuster to take pic's and start my claim. I have never filed a homeowners claim before and it sorta hurts my feelings....

I always wondered why in the US you build houses using so much wood and material other than stone tiles and cement, even though there is a high risk of floods?

I always wondered why in the US you build houses using so much wood and material other than stone tiles and cement, even though there is a high risk of floods?

Its cheaper

Normal insurance does not cover damage done by floods. Flood insurance is insurance above and beyond normal homeowners insurance and is expensive, so only usually carried by people in flood plains. As this was determined to be a result of water coming through the windows, doors and walls from melting snow and heavy rains, it is considered flood damage and is not covered by normal homeowners. Never ever considered the possibility of a "flood" where I live. But, of course, damage done by melting snow and rain coming through the doors, walls, and windows is flood damage.

Kraven, I bemoaned the fact that this wasn't damage from a plumbing leak--I winterized the place. One of my friends who came to give me advise on how to proceed joked that I wouldn't have any problem making it look like a plumbing leak. I told him I didn't want to spend my "golden years" behind bars.

Well, the liquidizer got here today, so I will probably mix something up in the morning. I like that it is so fast and easy to make. I'll report back.

Don't make me send you pot in jail... That would not be golden years. I am just glad you didn't live up there this last winter.

Its cheaper

I agree but it is also cultural IMO. I have seen many places that are way more poor than the US and they only build using stone

I agree but it is also cultural IMO. I have seen many places that are way more poor than the US and they only build using stone

I respectfully disagree.

In places/countries with lots of rocks you see homes made from stone.

In places/countries surrounded by forest you see homes built from trees.

Look at Sicily. All stone. So little wood is used they don't need fire departments!

Poor countries = cheap labor. Rocks are basically free. It's the labor cost that makes building homes from stone not cost effective.

Latest posts

Back