Need some advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have you looked at the leafs under a microscope ..I could be wrong but I think its bugs not sure what type,,some neem oil should help(could not hurt),,u can get a microscope cheap between 10 or 20 dollars ,its a good tool to have around ,,,good luck

I think you are right with the Calcium guess. Cal Mag is a regular part of my plant's diet.

Check out the pics and info here...

http://www.growweedeasy.com/calcium-deficiency-cannabis

Where's Hushpuupy. Isn't he our local Cal-Mag freak. I think it was HP that first diagnosed my calcium deficiency and recommended Cal-Mag a few years back. Been using it ever since.

Cal mag should appear on new leaves and not on old leaves. It appears like a general problem that I encountered time and again, turned out to be an imbalanced feeding schedule that was causing similar issues. increase or decrease or change your nutes and ph slowly and not suddenly, this helped me a lot.

Well there are no bugs.. Im goin to give some cal mag a try can't hurt to give it try.. Thanks the advice everyone!

Well the cal mag slowed it down but it didn't stop... Fml... What to do? ..:vap-bobby_on_the_be

Too high or too low pH will sometimes do that. Is the pH of your water (after adding nutes) between 6 and 7? And, CalMag is best taken in by the plant if the pH is closer to 6.2 or 6.3.

I'm assuming you're in soil, not hydro. I think hydro pH is usually lower than 6.

You guys have it well in hand :) I believe that is either a calcium deficiency or thrips/spider mite type bugs. But if you have inspected it to be sure no bugs then calcium deficiency. However, it is like Zem said, there is more of a balance that you have to strike chemically. We need to know what is causing the deficiency. It could be too much of another element locking up the calcium. It could be the pH is off within the medium and that isn't allowing the plant to take in the calcium. Throwing calmag at it seems to have helped so that leads to a few questions.
What soil/medium?
what water source? sure of TDS?
what kind of nutrients? How often?
Do you set your pH of your water?
What temp water?
Do you check the pH of run off after watering?
These can zero in on the source :)

yeah to clear my point further, I found that changing the nutrient balance fast causes similar problems, like rusty or white spots all over, not particular to new or old growth, just sporadic and you notice problems that are somewhat outside the book of known symptoms of deficiency. Plants sort of accustom themselves to the fertiliser as long as it is within acceptable ranges, so when you want to add one element, you need to do so slowly. Same thing for PH changes, go for 0.2 ph points every day and not bigger swings.

I can see where that could be a factor. You are directly affecting the biochemistry of the plant when you feed and/or adjust the pH. Plants' systems don't like strong rapid changes because they cant respond to them as quickly as animal physiology is able. So that "upset stomach" shows up on the leaves.

Well nothing seem to help. Its weird it only happens when I make the switch to 12 12.. I've been using the same nutes for years and never had a problem. Got me thinking about my ro system and when I cleaned it last and replaced the filters. I don't have a ph tester never need one before. Well changed all filters and we will see..**** looks messed up!

View attachment 2017-09-03 19.36.48.jpg

View attachment 2017-09-03 19.37.20.jpg

Oh no, i hope you can get it figured out. That isn't thrip damage. Looks like nute burn on the tips. Is this a different strain than usual?

Yeah. This is afgan From sensi seed. I was growing Northern light from them and it petered out. I've used the same mix for years on many different stains and I've never seen anything like this that I couldn't take care of.. I'm hoping the new filters make a difference. Fingers crossed!

Mine look like exactly that when the lights are borderline to close but only the upper leaves

Got them all flushed out with good water. Time will tell now.. Hoping for the best!:joint4:ip Ty for the mogo!

Hope everything goes well for your grows Johnny.

Well the flushing with good water seemed to help alot. I'm seen new growth again with no rust looking stuff.. Fingers still crossed..

Latest posts

Back