Cheese Breeding Project Part III. BX1.0 grow,BX2.0 production

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockster

Reaction score
Hi all,

this is the start of phase 3 of my lil' project where I'll be growing out Cheese BX1.0,the first backcross,producing BX2.0,also Cheese x pure Haze and Cheese x Lowryder's 1+2. :)

I also will be pollinating a Cheese clone with pollen from an STS sex reversal to make Cheese S1 femmed beans which won't be Cheese in femmed form but will express as a Skunk#1 F2 population( but with 100% true Cheese within the population but at what ratio,who knows?) as Cheese is heterozygous,meaning an unstable hybrid condition where the females 2 alleles are different,unlike the homozygous state where the alleles are identical be they dominant or recessive.

This is I think the ONLY route to getting true Cheese in seed form and success will depend on finding and selfing true Cheese pheno's repeatedly through S3,S4 or maybe even further inbreeding.

Rather than bore you with loads of veg pics this first post has been made with the girls being just flipped to 12/12.Things are already tight in the grow so am just showing a few canopy and foliage pics along with one of 3 potential breeder boys,a BX1.0 male who is really nice and compact and also very schmelly! :hubba:

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

nice one rockster. Will stay tuned....

Hi rockster.. you took the exact words out of my mouth.

bleeding hell that took some reading and reading then understanding and id like to thank you for sharing something that i now understand fully and i have the best front row chair pulled for this gd.

Cheese S1 femmed beans which won't be Cheese in femmed form but will express as a Skunk#1 F2 population( but with 100% true Cheese within the population but at what ratio,who knows?) as Cheese is heterozygous,meaning an unstable hybrid condition where the females 2 alleles are different,unlike the homozygous state where the alleles are identical be they dominant or recessive.

Time4Plan-B

They look like sensi star in their structure.

Have you topped or trained them or have they just grown like that.

Btw they look great either way you look at them.

Time4Plan-B

Hi T4PB,

glad you like,and no mate,they are au naturel.:)

A few pics of a full 8 pot Wilma.

Cheese clones for pollination under fluoro in veg room and borg quarantine and should get the all clear in about a week to 10 days and then they'll join these girls.

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0007-1.jpg

DSC_0009-1.jpg

DSC_0012-1.jpg

DSC_0017-1.jpg

:hubba: Your plants are just beautiful, nice job on that. I'm going to tag along again!! Maybe something will rub off.:farm:

Cram them in is the order of the day hey rockster.

lol

superb growing skills you seem to have.

Time4Plan-B

Really healthy looking girls there. Good luck with your project.

Those are very interesting, in looks and shape. Your technical level is worlds above mine. Props for keeping it real and putting in the work. Good luck on the cheese quest.

Hi chaps and thanks for all the kind comments, :)

just a few pics of the girls around 11 days flowering 12/12.

They are SO much more smelly than the original Cheese x Sk#1 cross.:hubba:

DSC_0009-1.jpg

DSC_0012-1.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

Very interesting, it all looks great IMHO, will be keeping an eye on this one.
Thanks for the photos.

you take great care of ur girls great job
looking sexy

Nice pics. Rockster, just a great shade of green. How many lumens do you have in your grow room? Your plants look soooooo tastey. I can almost smell them from here. Peace.

Hi Rockster, HippyInEngland asks a good question I would like to know what it is you are feeeding them, product and EC number, I'm guessing 2.0 to 2.2 or maybe more.:cool:

Hi guys,:)

they are in coco,fed Ionic nutes @ 1.6-1.8EC.(changed from Grow to Bloom 12 days ago) I put the nutrient into the tank at ph5.8 and it goes up to about ph6.1 by the time it needs a refill.

Only my second coco grow,seems to be good stuff,but...I've just run out of Ionic so am hand feeding with Bio Bizz Bloom and grow for a few days.

About 0.7ml per litre Grow with 1.6ml per liter Bloom every feed adjusted to ph 6.2. 1.2EC. If I have to do that more than a few days I'll give 'em a shot of Magnesium.

Just trimmed the bottom of this girl,removed all the small sucker limbs and a coupla skinny branches.

Nice n' healthy and very smelly,not as smelly as the original Cheese clone though.They will be joining the grow in a few days.:hubba:

@powerplanter. They are under 3x400w hps in about 3 feet x 9 feet,5" & 6" vent.

DSC_0004.jpg

Cool, love the cheese!:D I have a few cheese plants going, they look good, can't wait to see the end result.;)

Hi SherwoodForest, :)

a few Cheese gels going eh? Splendid!:p

Well it's 2 weeks flowering today and there is no drama,girls all look nice n' lush unt der schmell ist wunderbar!:hubba:

A few hand held macro's....

DSC_0017-1.jpg

DSC_0019-1.jpg

DSC_0037-1.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

Latest posts

Back