What do you say is up MP?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1000watt MH runs hotter then a 54 watt T5 fixture no doubts about it. I'm vegging lights don't go off and bloom room is sealed and has a 1000watt HPS with lights off gets to 66F in bloom room.

It's veg that's hurting. The ones under T5

I'm a meat head. Yes, put your MH's back in when it's cold then. AND maybe even a heater! lol :D

Point is, get the temps up. So if MH's help, then use em. But use the T5's in the summer. :aok:

Root zone should never go below 65° if you can help it (something I'm just realizing the hard way...but did know before)

60° low would be pushing it...I'm at 58° run off and that is with "warmer" water so, I'm probably around 55° with lights off root zone (digi thermometer reads 55° as my lowest low this winter so far)
I'm having yellowing from mid section down (lock out of Nitrogen from temps, it seems) and they are curling in a little and all "meh" looking.

I'm having crazy thoughts of using a propane heater get heat and CO lol. I just can't chooch anymore power I'm already paying a mint. This is why I went T5 over MH in first place fang

propane will give you carbon monoxide. do not do that. carbon monoxide will kill you and the plants. plants use carbon dioxide...

Stank, i love your enthusiasm for our fabulous plant. BUT, you need to chill and watch it grow.. You can love your plants to death. Don't do that. Soon very soon, you will be smoking your own dank.

I also agree with Rose there. You can indeed love them to death.

But with a root zone of 56° it seems you may freeze them to death first, lol. Sorry, possibly a bad joke. :D

Yeah, the electric bill certainly rises with this hobby. But, if you can not pay to sustain it then... it may not work out for you during the winter months at least. Winter is so rough, especially when you live in the northern climate. Maybe you can wrap the pots with some type of insulation? Total shot in the dark theory, just still trying to help sort this with you. :aok:

heating pads are cheap, can be water proof and will warm the root zone for you...

Have an electric wall heater in my grow room. Used it for the last 2 crops. Gonna remove it and put the propane one back in. Believe the girls liked the propane heater better. Hope I remember this right. Electric heaters remove moisture from the air and propane heaters don`t, something like that.
Calling our resident HVAC peep.....STANK, WHERE YOU AT ?

Yooper I'm with you. It's just like a GAS CO2 generator. I'm from NFLD we would spend hours in a shed smoking drinking with no fresh air no ill effects. 2 propane heaters going.

Old fogey explain how a propane heater is diffrent then a gas powerd co generator?

Gas generators put moisture into the air

not sure i can explain the difference between a propane heater and a gas powered co generator but i do know that people die every year from co poisoning due to faulty ventilation form their heaters. co is different from co2. we exhale co2. combustion engines exhaust co. co2 in high densities will kill you too. if you have been inhaling co for years, i cannot argue with you experience. i just would not.

Yea No doubt it's bad for us old fogey.
I just don't see how it's gonna kill my plants when people use propane and NG CO generators with great results.

I am maybe thinking of something different. Whatever works for you, dank.

Yooper I'm with you. It's just like a GAS CO2 generator. I'm from NFLD we would spend hours in a shed smoking drinking with no fresh air no ill effects. 2 propane heaters going.

Old fogey explain how a propane heater is diffrent then a gas powerd co generator?

Gas generators put moisture into the air

Yeah we were all young and did stupid things when we were. But it is an incredibly bad idea to put propane heaters in a space without proper ventilation and not worry about gassing yourself and your family during the night. It is simply to risky (and sorry, but stupid). Please do not do this.

When using CO2 generators (most are propane or natural gas operated, don't know if I have ever seen a gas CO2 generator), you need to have a sealed room to insure that CO2 fumes are not seeping out into living spaces. It is also monitored and regulated to between 1200 and 1500 ppm. Something you cannot do with a simple heater. They are entirely different devices and should not even be compared. I would never put a gas powered generator in a living space either though.

Like Rosebud, I think that you need to sit back, take a breath, and relax. This is supposed to be fun and relaxing.

My propane heaters, the wall one, all my portable ones, are over 99% efficient, with low oxygen shutoff. Never had one shut down in over 20 years usage. And of course have fresh O2 supply. Having been a firefighter all my life, and in charge of hundreds of structure fires, I do understand a little about ventilation. Also, one night, while deer hunting and staying in my camper, luckily I woke up with a splitting headache and the air stunk. What had happened was, some scale had broke loose and plugged the exhaust outlet. So all of the BAD stuff came inside. Lucky as hell the morning commotion from outside woke me up.

I have seen a CO2 generator THG . It can either be standing pilot or have a Honeywell ignition system on it. Very similar to a furnace . In Toronto it is code to have a CO alarm installed in your house. I have 2 . If my heater levels leak the alarms will sound when levels get high.

Like yooper says the heaters of today are very EFF and have safety's built into it for safe operation. Still like the heater idea

For a medium size grow, a "Minigen" would be good for adding heat and co2, but they really need to be run with a temp/co2 monitor to get the proper levels off everything. Otherwise you will be chasing the optimum settings continuously as the outside weather changes. I believe in many cases with the co2 generators, you also have to use a dehumidifier. If you are in the great white north and outer humidity stays extremely low then you may be able to get away without the dehumidifier, but not the gen controller.

Also, enhanced lumens. If you want to run CO2 enhancement, be sure to add more light and they will probably need more food.

Latest posts

Back