How to get strong white roots?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chimenk

Reaction score
Hi everyone.. I'm new here and hoping that fellow growers can help me.
I have seedlings about 3 weeks from seeds in DWC.
Tap water; PH approx 5.6; 7ml/gallon Pure Blend Pro Grow; water temp around 70 degree.

My question is how do I grow white strong roots instead of thin kinda clear roots. I see these small roots coming out of the pots but they don't seem to grow bigger and whiter.
Is it possible because I have the medium too wet? I germinated the seeds in a starter cube and I use a 3.75 net pot with hydroton.

Please give me any advice for stong and white roots. Thank you much guys... K++++++++

Things really can never be too wet in hydro unless the base of the stem is submerged in water. Looks like everything you are saying are the right things so I don't see where you would be having an issue with "clear roots". You are aerating the water correct? Do you have a pics of some sort? Maybe you don't have a problem at all.

I also notice that lower part of the seedling is kinda thin and weak, but it looks thicker and normal pass the medium level.
what other factors that slow the roots growth? Light leak to reservoir? Unstable PH? Hard water? not enough light?
Can you give any input on what might help roots development. Thanks... K++++

High temps in the reservoir as well as the air will slow growth. Water with a lot of dissolved solids (hard water) will also slow growth. Really everything you stated will. You really can never have too many bubbles. The longer the bubbles have to travel to the surface, the more aerated the water is. Other than that, I don't think I have any other ideas on what your issue could be.

Latest posts

Back