What is LEO going to find with his IR camera?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

POTUS

Currently, I have no weed growing. I have enough to keep me supplied for the next couple of years.

I do have 4 grow rooms up an running with 250 watt CFL's and 430 watt HPS lights blazin away!

In all four, I have exotic hot peppers growing.

So, if Smoky and the piglets want to bust down my freakin door on a warrant gained as a result of my lights, two things will happen:

1. They won't find diddley except hot peppers.

2. Anything else they do find won't be admissible as evidence because they gained the warrant as a result of an IR scan that showed nothing but the lights I'm growing my hot peppers with.

I don't give a rats behind what else they find during their search. They won't be able to use it.

This is from a very, very good lawyer friend. She says that nothing they find can be used in any way if their warrant was gained using the IR images of my lights.

hehe, I think it would be pretty funny if it did happen. Except they prolly wouldn't give me my pounds back.

The weed is stashed in rooms that are nowhere near the lights. Nothing is visible. Everything is locked in very small cabinets. My lawyer tells me that all of this makes me very safe IF the warrant is gained as a result of the IR camera on my lights that are used for nothing more than a hot pepper grow.

I have LOTS of hot peppers. Ones that are STUPID hot.

Bhut Jolokia

The hottest pepper in the world.

Just a tap on the tongue will make you think your Momma slapped you.

I thought you all might find this interesting.

My lawyer says it's 100 Freakin percent and she's really, really good.

I read a grea tarticle on the effect of peppers and their popularity. It was saying that they're great pain relievers (the mad hot ones) cause they're so hot on the tongue that your body sends out all kinds of endorphins to the whole body, so once your mouth cools down, your whole body has a nice natural high.

Ha, I dunno if your tongue will calm down with those Bhut Jolokias though!

NICE! I also grow peppers.They need alot of light huh? this has been very informative thanks.

I still think that IR busts just don't happen. It has been ruled unconstitutional since '01 without a warrant. Even before, it was very uncommon and I personally don't recall anyone ever going down like that.

I know POTUS you were making a funny story man, but the paranoia about IR just is unfounded.

btw, I'm down with peppers!

Jolokia is over a million scovel units. The oil on your hands, from the pepper will burn everything it comes into contact. Don't even think about scratching your eye.

I know the IR is inadmissible and shouldnt be used for grounds to obtain a warrant, but let's face facts, there are just as many crooked LEO's as there are crooks running around. What's to stop them from using the IR to they're advantage to help a crooked judge for filing for a warrant from several "annonymous (spelling sux)" tips? That way the FLIR never comes into play in the discovery phase of whatever legal proceedings you might have.

I applaud the idea Potus, but isn't it a bit like poking the bear in the cage with a stick? Don't get me wrong, I like giving the man the finger as much, (or more), than most, if the oppertunity arises, but i have found life more tolerable and enjoyable since i quit creating the oppertunity.

But if you do do this (doo-doo hahahaha), STICK IT TO THEM REAL GOOD!!!!

well dibble wont need thermal imaging for my grow as its snowed and i noticed my roof has some serious issues regarding insulation aka no snow on most of my roof unlike the others

lol

pkj

umbra said:
Jolokia is over a million scovel units. The oil on your hands, from the pepper will burn everything it comes into contact. Don't even think about scratching your eye.
I have several sauces made from them, and a quart of dried ones in the veggie box in the fridge.

I touched something much more mind bending then my eye once.

Just once

Repeat after me: "I will never touch Bhut Jolokias with my bare hands again"

I wear rubber gloves every time now.

rubber is good

parkingjoe said:
well dibble wont need thermal imaging for my grow as its snowed and i noticed my roof has some serious issues regarding insulation aka no snow on most of my roof unlike the others

lol

pkj

OOPS :)

I have to agree with Clan on his point..... If the LEO goes out scouting with his handy dandy lil IR cam.... He might find a few hot spots of interest, but you can bet your butt that he will NEVER admit that is where he got his info.... With all the messed up laws concerning 'Anonymous Tips' and gaining warrants based on them with NEVER having to name the witness.... The 4th admendment is on it's last leg.....

NorCalHal said:
I still think that IR busts just don't happen. It has been ruled unconstitutional since '01 without a warrant. Even before, it was very uncommon and I personally don't recall anyone ever going down like that.

I know POTUS you were making a funny story man, but the paranoia about IR just is unfounded.

btw, I'm down with peppers!
IR is used in conjunction with prior evidence of grow ops.

It's more for the sausage packers protection than for evidence in a bust.

They get the layout before going in.

DUDE, what kind of peppers do you like?

clanchattan said:
let's face facts, there are just as many crooked LEO's as there are crooks running around. What's to stop them from using the IR to they're advantage to help a crooked judge...
There was a crooked cop who knew a crooked judge who knew a crooked dude who lived on a crooked road. They drank their crooked drinks at a very crooked pub and walked a crooked path to thier very crooked homes.

hehe

I gotta quit smokin so much ai at a time........

hey potus would the leo say it was thermal imaging and use said as evidence

pkj

A close friend of mine is a firefighter and uses IR all the time to check for heat signatures after they put a fire out. We talked about it the other day and he said if there is heat in a room and you are on the outside of the house all you can really tell is that the edges of the studs are warmer than they should be. I asked him if you can see inside the house and he said no you can't. He thought that maybe you could if there was excessive heat build up inside the room but still all it would show is the studs are quite warm.

parkingjoe said:
hey potus would the leo say it was thermal imaging and use said as evidence pkj
Lies only work if the person lying gets away with the falsehood. My attorney would make sure they didn't.

Like you said Potus- I doubt they'd give you back your weed.
But maybe you should let them take the bhut jolokias- spice 'em up a little.
Doubt it goes good with donuts!

Latest posts

Back