First DWC setup.. Leaves getting brown streaks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfvhunter69

Reaction score
Hello all,

I started 2 clones in soil and after reading online I decided to transfer them to a DWC setup after about 3 weeks. They have been in the DWC setup for 6 days now. I am using GH nutes and my PH is 5.9. When I moved the plants from the soil I washed as much of the soil off as possible but there is still a good amount of soil on the roots. I didn't want to hurt the plants so I was very gentle but that left soil on the roots that I couldn't get off. The 1st few days the plants looked fine but now I am starting to see 2 different issues...

On one plant I am starting to see brown streaks down the leaves.

On the other plant the leaves are starting to turn a lighter green as they get bigger and a few of the leaves are getting brown tips.

The plants are 2 different strains.

Another question also: Since I could not get all the soil off should I put them back in soil and start some new clones to use for the DWC setup?

Here are 2 pics of each plant...

DSC00882.JPG

DSC00884.JPG

DSC00887.JPG

DSC00888.JPG

They are in shock. They have to acclimate themselves to their new medium. Are you using the same light and cycle as you did in soil? Were they healthy b4 the move?
They have a less organized root structure than if they were started in the hydro in the first place. Give them time. Check all your levels and ensure that all the correct parameters are met for a healthy grow. This is most important now since they are sort of freaking out from the transplant. As long as all of your ducks are in a row with the hydro they should come out of it just fine after a bit.
Good luck brother.
Oldskool

yeah...what about the little balls..lol...sorry im mostly soill but have done a couple runs with DWC...not sure why ya swithched..IMO...soil is mor forgiveing...anyway...Did ya rinse those balls good? and the PH is a bit High...i think we want 5.0-5.5...ill be corrected fast if im wrong..and another thing if ya keep transfering from medium to medium...you are sure to lose them...Take care and be safe

Brown tips generally signify nute burn. I find the nute concentrations on the GH bottles are too hot for most of my strains. What ppm are you running? You should also get your pH dow2n some. I start mine low (about 5.3)and let it drift up some to about 5.8-6.0. The dirt you left on the roots could be a problem. Hydrotron works by letting the roots get highly oxygenated nute solution. The roots that are still covered in dirt will not be getting this oxygen.

Latest posts

Back