Lights, camera, bud pic.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nvthis said:
Are these all with the ring flash Umbra?

No the first 3 are without, last 2 are w/ring flash. I didn't really pull the plants out of the tent and set them up. Just used the tripod and the macro mode on the coolpix. Down and dirty. :rolleyes:

Oh man, definitely more umbra! Lay it out for us brother:D

Should be real interesting to watch your progression.. Must say, I think I need me one of those..

So what strain are we looking at?

All of these were taken with my ring flash. Some are better than others. I did it on purpose to show that you still have to tweak everything. The first picture is washed out from too much flash and so forth. But I think you will see how the ring flash brings out details and trichomes that you would not normally see. For a sharp, crisp image you need light. The trick is how to use it to your advantage. You are looking at EG's sour banana kush. Ha, ha some photos were too large.

Hey guys... So I ordered a new lense for my camera finally... Its a Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 Di LD Macro Zoom Lens with Built In Motor for a Nikon Digital SLR...

Do you photography majors think this lense will get me super up close macros???

TIA

And i forgot i will be picking up a tripod, at Walmart, once this new lense arrives... No more holding my breath for photos...

umbra - very nice, those ring flash pics are very nice. So lets get this strait... were you shooting with your lowest f/s? what ISO and shutter speed where you at for those pics?

jaam - congrats on the new purchase, looking forward to see what you come up with, with the new lens!

Umbra- Very nice indeed. I think I see a few BPOTM heading your way bro....

JAAM- Right on man! I don't know anything about your lense, but can't wait to see what it can do...

LHL- Bud pic of the year bro? Who knew you would get this much mileage out of that purple bagseed girl...:D

Thanks Lord... Im really looking forward to hopefully getting some amazing shots with it in the near future....

lordhighlama said:
umbra - very nice, those ring flash pics are very nice. So lets get this strait... were you shooting with your lowest f/s? what ISO and shutter speed where you at for those pics?

jaam - congrats on the new purchase, looking forward to see what you come up with, with the new lens!
LHL I dont pay much attention to settings, lol. But I think it was F22-F29, iso 800, 1/250.

Great shots umbra, I too see BPOM for you in your future!

JAAM, congrats on the new purchases, I'm looking for BPOM's in your future too!

I might retire. Oh, wait, I am retired.

nvthis said:
LHL- Bud pic of the year bro? Who knew you would get this much mileage out of that purple bagseed girl...:D

that bagseed girl.. named drift wood served me well but I woud be amazed to see it make bpoty!!!

I sure got stoned smoking the crap outa that plant though!!! :)

Nice shots Umbra! I was curious to why you shoot with your Aperture so high? I personally would shoot with your f/#'s in the 2.8~3.5 area and drop your ISO down to like 400/200 (will help with the 'wash out') you will have to adjust your shutter speed because your going to be adjusting your Aperture soo much. On my camera I play in the 1/125 ~ 1/60 area - JMHO

Nice lens you got there JAMM. That lens is pretty sharp at 300mm and with practice you should get the pics you want. This lens has no VR (Vibration Reduction) so having a Tripod is a MUST (I read that your getting one) especially if you are going to be shooting at 300mm alot. This being a Telephoto lens is going to be a great learning curve for you, it's a "workhorse" for many photographers

I like depth of field on a macro. perhaps not the best choice, but it keeps the whole photo in focus. With the ring flash I have all the light I need, so using a smaller aperture is not problem.

Q its good to finally here from someone that i got a decent lens... A friend convinced me it was the one i needed and i just took a shot on it...

Heres some pics i took today quickly at halftime... hope you all like... First 3 are GWS and the rest are PEx... more in my journal...

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

DSC_0031.JPG

DSC_0032.JPG

DSC_0035.JPG

DSC_0042.JPG

I need to grow out that PEx I hve sitting in my bean stash....nice pics JAAM...

Ham Def get it goin bro... you wont be disappointed... thanks for the shout out about the pics... I cant wait for my new lens to get here...

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
Q its good to finally here from someone that i got a decent lens... A friend convinced me it was the one i needed and i just took a shot on it...

Heres some pics i took today quickly at halftime... hope you all like... First 3 are GWS and the rest are PEx... more in my journal...

Nice pics JAMM! what lens/camera are you shooting with?

Did you buy your lens from Amazon? I buy all my equipment from there because of their 30 day no hassle, no ** return policy. Especially with lenses. I would have suggested a different lens myself but, you should be happy with it...

Great pics there JAAM, I see a bpom entry comming from you soon. If you dont have one already.....I havent looked in January bpom yet. You got some real swell plants there!

Q man Glad you like the pics... Yes the lens is coming from amazon but i didnt buy it... I used some cc points and it was a great deal... My buddy origially reccommended a Nikkor lense but it was over $300 and i barely paid that for my camera so i went with the Tamron freebie... Ive read on some reviews the image quality starts to break down over 220mm or so... The way i look at it is it has to get me a better shot of my ladies then the stock lens... no??

I have a D40 right now with just the stock lens(18-55mm) and no additional flash besides the one mounted to camera... And all were taken free hand... Yup still no tripod...

And im gonna break out some crazy lighting... I got a pretty good idea im gonna try to play with alil once the new toy comes...

TC A BPOM from me?? no way... if i added all my votes together since i joined i wouldnt have what you got for that BB up top...:hubba: As far as my entry for this month it has yet to be taken... Im waiting for a new lens and for my PEx to fill in some more... And with Hick starting the polls around the 5th ill have another few weeks for her to hopefully fatten up nice...

Thanks for the compliment on the ladies... I put alot of work into them and i think it seems to show... They make me very happy...:D

Latest posts

Back