Satori growers...... tell me how you do it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grower13

Reaction score
I got 3 satori plants almost 4 weeks old. would of had 4 but 1 didn't pop........ they are ready to be transplanted into their 3 gallon pots. I need the advice of the long time satori growers here. How do you do it...... do you take clones and put the plants in flower....... or do you put a small cloned/cutting in flower to sex it........ or do you take a few cutting after they show sex?

tell me about phenos with satori...... all mine look alike.......

mandela says they are light feeders....... i'm not organic btw...... do you feed them light or do pour the nutes to them?

also..... do you top'em...... if so when and how much at what node.

I use soilless mix
GH 3 part

please feel free to add anything special you do or don't do to satori.

I want a good satori girl to run for a long time....... cause the way yall talk about it here it has to be the bomb.

That is great they all look alike. Mine do too. I hear there is a tall one but i have never had a huge pheno inside.

I do top them as i like four or five nice colas instead on one big one. I would do it now if I were you. I have taken 8" of stretch off, or I have just topped or fimmed. It slows them down a little, but i think it is necessary. They aren't fussy about being topped.

They are light feeders. I have used super soil and fox farm and don't feed until they start to flower, but i don't know about your dirt. Then i only fed lightly, but it is different with different soils.

I wait to sex them then I clone them. I don't force them to sex but lots of people do that.

Satori can take a lot of heat and that was always a plus in the summer inside.
Satori is a beautiful plant and I used to say not hard to grow, but i did have one person disagree with me.. but it isn't fussy. I am going to go find my favorite picture of her and show you. Green satori mojo!

Here is a thread you might like and my pic is in there.http://marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60921

I hope my satori looks as good as the one in your picture Rosebud......... I just topped them........ I'll probably just take clones from each one before putting them into flower unless they show sex while in veg....... so far they're an easy one to grow. I've got 4 hashberry as well.

hashberry is a nice plant. It really does have a nice hashy taste. Have fun G13.

Satori has to be my favorite. I have been growing her for about 6 years.

While Satori is a light feeder, they will drink up more than other strains. I found in hydro that the Satori could run her bucket dry while the other plants still had nute solution. So probably a lighter solution with more frequent waterings.

I generally like to wait until they show sex before I put them into 12/12.

I also found them easy to grow and resilient to heat. I like to fim them.

Here are a couple of pics from a while ago--I just went to my attachments and picked 2 that said "Satori".

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=186084&d=1330622606

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=186085&d=1330622606

thanks Rose and THG....... what week in veg do they show sex?........ some great looking satori there THG....... do most all of them turn out like that...... or do yall have to find the special one to get those results? I love the the wide saw tooth leaves. I've not prefected fim yet....... but I am willing to top them something serious....... I am looking forward to growing and smoking this plant.

LOL--that is pretty much typical for Satori. Like I said, I just went to my attachments and picked something that said Satori--I didn't go searching around for "the best".

FIM is almost impossible to screw up. Just take the top growing tip and cut about 1/2 of it off. I usually get some of the small leaf, so have some funny looking leaves. I just hate topping (taking a whole bunch of growth off) unless it is stretching badly.

I think that Satori is pretty stable. I do not get much pheno swing. Most of my plants look like the others. I wonder if some of those that get taller plants may have had inadequate light or a grow space that was too crowded?

Mine usually take 6-8 weeks to show sex. I have 4 that I germed seeds on 7-1 that are not showing sex yet. I am going to try and update my dirt thread today and will have pics of my 5 week old kids in there.

so 6 week veg and how long of flower? whats total days @ 6 weeks veg

I put 4 unsexed Satori into 12/12 this weekend. They are 6 weeks old today.

I have some work to do this morning. If I get back before the lights go out, I will try and snap some pics of them.

yes i have 5 I will try to get some pics also one is 4" already

The Hemp Goddess said:
I put 4 unsexed Satori into 12/12 this weekend. They are 6 weeks old today.

I have some work to do this morning. If I get back before the lights go out, I will try and snap some pics of them.

did you take clones before putting them in or are you waiting for them to show sex then take clones? Mine are 5 days short of 6 weeks now. They sure got some odor to them.:icon_smile:

Here are some pics of the Satori. And a pic of the flowering space right now. Everything is in 3 gal pots--2 C99, 2 Master Kush, 2 Nurse Larry, 1 Beyond the Brain (1/2 Satori) and the 4 Satori, which are still unsexed. I will take clones after they are sexed.

8-12-13 002.JPG

8-12-13 004.JPG

8-12-13 006.JPG

8-12-13 008.JPG

8-12-13 009.JPG

8-12-13 010.JPG

Not a big fan of square pots. I'ts really hard for my odd shaped hands to work it loose. I stick with classic round ridgid black plastic agra-pots.

Beautiful girls you got there Mrs. Rosebud... :aok:

7greeneyes said:
Not a big fan of square pots. I'ts really hard for my odd shaped hands to work it loose. I stick with classic round ridgid black plastic agra-pots.

Beautiful girls you got there Mrs. Rosebud... :aok:

LOL. And I like square pots better. I have to look to find reasonably priced square pots and something to use as a drip tray. They can be placed closer together and a square pot 9 x 9 x 9 will hold about 20% more dirt than a round container 9 x 9. I also find it easier to lift and work with square pots. I have never had any problem getting things loose. Different strokes for different folks.

any one know where to get 3 or 5 gal square black buckets and lids
? beautiful THG can't wait to see mine so big..

G13 hope you don;t mind the community thread affect this is taking ;)

N.E.wguy said:
any one know where to get 3 or 5 gal square black buckets and lids
? beautiful THG can't wait to see mine so big..

G13 hope you don;t mind the community thread affect this is taking ;)

every thread in the general indoor growing section is a community thread as far as I'm concerned...... these 2 ladies know how to grow satori to prefection...... the more questions we can get them to answer...... the better for everyone who is or will grow satori.

They look great THG. mine are not so cute, have been beat up a little outside.

Latest posts

Back