rain ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budculese

Reaction score
been raining here so i put out a couple buckets to catch it . to anybody that grows veggies having "city water" to water the garden is o k ,after all it's water. but after it rains ,wow! my question is , will it be o k to just spray on the foliage , or should i water the soil ?

budculese said:
been raining here so i put out a couple buckets to catch it . to anybody that grows veggies having "city water" to water the garden is o k ,after all it's water. but after it rains ,wow! my question is , will it be o k to just spray on the foliage , or should i water the soil ?

Um, are you asking if rain water is ok to spray and/or water your plants with? If so, ima gonna have to say, yes, yes you can. It is a great way to water, to catch your own. I have a well so i don't reclaim yet. I should but the barrels are a couple hundred bucks it seems like for a decent size. Seems expensive for plastic. Might could find a couple 55 gallon drums and incase it with wood for astetic purposes.

i catch rain water, and like it for spraying foliage or seedlings/clones.

where i live the rains ph is around a 6, that most likely means there is a lot of co2, a biproduct of H2o2(hydrogen peroxide) so its also good for flushing you hydro system with. if your rain water does turn up a 6 +,- use it quickly if you want the H2o2, because it 'burns off' after several hours or a day.

there are trace amounts of nutes also...

Having been a gardener most of my life I can say rain water is excellent for your plants. On the folliage, in the soil, whatever.

:yeahthat: :goodposting:

Thanks.. now that I do not have to fret about that I can go back and work on this rocket to Mars.

:rofl:

If we can't use rain water to spray or water soil then we are all in trouble.Catching & storing water is a great thing to do, but have you ever tried moved a 55 gal drum of water? not easy and it does not last long if you have alot of "veggies".Remember that city(treated water) is the worst thing for your garden or "veggies" trust me I know water.Cities And towns usually let you know if the water is ok to drink. Think about it. Remember what you flush is what you drink.Well water is the best way to go. (Most of the time).If you dont have a well find a friend with one it will make a huge difference.I never check PH if soil life is there so is your PH. Thanks All GP

pcduck said:
:yeahthat: :goodposting:

Thanks.. now that I do not have to fret about that I can go back and work on this rocket to Mars.

:rofl:
it better be a 2 seater, you bring the rocket, ill bring the medicine.

loolagigi said:
it better be a 2 seater, you bring the rocket, ill bring the medicine.

Make it a 3 seater and I'll bring the bong and the Bic. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :woohoo:

DD

Ya' might as well make it a sedan. I'll bring the BBQ, fries,and Texas toast.

Sounds like we got ourselves a p-a-r-t-y:D
I just need to work a few kinks out :aok:

I'll bring the weed:cool:

Latest posts

Back