Think I can do a pound?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigweedo

Reaction score
Whats up everyone?
So I got 3 lavender, 2 og kush, and 8 afghoo clones going in my closet. I put them in 4 gallon square pots and they are under 240 watts of flours. Yes, I know that isn't very much light, but i've had great results with the low amount of flours due to low stress training. My ladies are going to be flowered (lst style) under a 400 watt hps. I plan on veggin for 2 months (they've been vegging since the 20th) and flowering for 8-10 weeks.
Ill get some pics up asap, do you guys think I can pull a pound?
BW:D

For sure! You have 13 clones (which hopefully came from females?) under the right conditions (which also don't sound to bad) will no doubt give you a pound of buddage! Good luck with the grow and lets see some pics! :D

yes picks please sounds great 16 clones id like to see

hey you can only try!
good luck and yes pics would be great :tokie:

"13 plants, vegged for 2 months, under "1" 400".. I don't think you have enuff light, dude.A 400 is only adequate for "about" 8 sq. ft.

Thanks for all the replies. Hick, I agree with you, but the 400 is all I can get a hold of at the moment and I don't want the electricity bill to go up. Also, I would have to buy new fans and whatnot if I rolled with a 600 watt or even two 400 watt lights. Since I am doing Lst all the light will be devoted to "tops" of the plants (hopefully numerous), so shouldn't the 400 work? Any more advice would be very appreciated (Expert Hick advice would be awesome:)) I will get some pics up later today!

I would have to agree more light wouold be better...but that doesnt mean you wont get a decent yield out of it. I like your thought on using lst to optimize your lighting, sounds like a great way to go........Toke it

The average of 50 watts of HPS per/sq ft is real close to being the correct amount of light.

Hicks already told you you have enough light for 8 square feet of growing.

Any more and it's not enough. It doesn't matter how you're growing it.

The buds outside of the reach of the 400 will be airy and light with less trichomes than those that are within the correct distance of the light. If you shove all of them within the 8 square feet of grow area, the plants won't form correctly due to crowding.

Planning your grow is the very first step to being successful.

I'd say put all your plants under the 400 with proper spacing and let the ones in the correct light area be your real crop. The rest will be of not so good quality and I'd suggest keeping them separated from the "good" bud.

When it comes down to it, I think Im going to manipulate the plants so it is almost a "SOG" but lst style. Hopefully this will get the most out of my grow. Here are the pics you guys asked for. Any suggestions would be great to help me get the most out of my grow!

The first pic is my two 4 foot flo's, the second is a at level pic with the plants, the 3 is the afghoo, the 4th is the lavender, the 5th and 6th is the OG kush and the last two pics are of my 3rd light with another afghoo plant.

DSCF0886.JPG

DSCF0887.JPG

DSCF0888.JPG

DSCF0889.JPG

DSCF0890.JPG

DSCF0891.JPG

DSCF0892.JPG

DSCF0894.JPG

What's up with these clones? Why won't they grow normal fan leaves?

12 plants under 1k light is usually a pound. but you never know, you might pull it off.

Has anyone ever grown large amounts with a 400 watt hps? I was reading a grow journal last night where a guy was using a 400 and had 4 plants and was getting around 350 grams.

Very Nice stoney..THat is impressive. One of these days you might have to give me a lesson on hydro! How tall do you grow your plants? And how many?:holysheep:

bigweedo said:
Very Nice stoney..THat is impressive. One of these days you might have to give me a lesson on hydro! How tall do you grow your plants? And how many?:holysheep:

On the grow I mentioned, I had about 6 or 8 plants. I don't remember now. It makes no difference anyway. One will fill the room or 10 will fill the room. The plants will only produce as much leaf as there is light.

I flowered the plants when they were 15-18 inches tall. They harvested out at 5 feet tall.

Latest posts

Back