Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month: Thors Hammer 67 days by St. Nick
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Forums > Marijuana Cuisine - Marijuana Recipes - Marijuana Cooking
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2017, 03:25 PM   #1
Hackerman

Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman
Default Cooking with fats vs sugars and glycerin

I have a ton of old keif and hash that I need to dispose of so I figure I'll spend the day in the kitchen making a nice edible.

Been doing a little reading and I learned (I think) something I didn't know.

Basically, the edibles come in 2 forms, fat based and sugar based.

The fat based edibles are designed to be chewed and eaten and the fats are absorbed into your blood via your digestive system.

The sugar and glycerin based edibles are designed to be sublingual and the sugars are absorbed by your saliva.

Also, stated was that sublingual method effects you almost immediately and almost always within the first hour, whereas fat based edibles are absorbed over several hours with the peak being as much as 3 or 4 hours away.

Also fat based is said to last much longer. 6 to 8 hours as compared to 2 or 3 hours of sublingual.

I have read this stuff at more than one site and I am wondering if the peeps here agree or have comment.

I was planning to make butter and go from there. However, all my friends want gummy bears so I might go with a glycerin based.

I am going to gather all my scrap and see what I have. I'll be back.
Hackerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 04:11 PM   #2
Hackerman

Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman Hackerman

Well, I emptied a bunch of jars. Came up with about 6 grams of decent sift, about 8 grams of unknown hash (motor and pestle used to fine grind)and about 2 ounces of rosin chips. I have found the rosin chips are great for cooking. Maybe because the rosin is all on the top of the chip already from being pressed. And, I only press my stuff once so there's plenty of rosin left.

I also found a couple jars of what I remember to be Everclear extract. Having a little trouble getting it out of the tiny jars. I think I got most of it. Looks like about a gram.

It's all in the over decarbing....
Attached Images

Old 08-10-2017, 10:35 PM   #3
WoodHippy

WoodHippy WoodHippy WoodHippy WoodHippy WoodHippy WoodHippy WoodHippy WoodHippy WoodHippy WoodHippy WoodHippy

Hack I take 3 00 caps of Bud/Trim At 6 am. It take about 1 Hours to get in the system. With a good Fat.I like Peanut butter. Today I could not take a second dose. I was still high at 1 Pm.
About 6 Hours.
WoodHippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:22 AM   #4
Hackerman

Peanut butter is an awesome mix. Great oils and the taste overwhelms the pot taste. I do remember reading something about using organic PB since the jif and skippy types use a type of oil that doesn't mix well with pot. Probably hydrogenated oil.

Man, my house stinks. Between decarbing and 8 hours in the crock pot, the smell is almost overwhelming.

Kitchen is clean. Butter is in the fridge hardening. I used a cup of butter (2 sticks) with all the hash and sift. Brownies in the oven tomorrow.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:01 AM   #5
Hackerman

Yummy yummy yummy I've got pot in my tummy.
Attached Images

Old Today, 05:22 AM   #6
Hackerman

Wow, these brownies turned out great. I ate a couple the other day and got a great buzz. Very rare for me. I gave some to friends with warning. LOL

I gave 2 brownies to a friend tonight at our gig and told him to eat less than half of one to start. He's an old stoner so he gobbled a whole one down in one bite. LOL Later on I saw him on the patio sitting in a chair. He looked a little spacey but, OK. I asked him if he got off and he just giggled and said, "I can't get out of this chair". LMAO I asked him, "Are you OK?". He said, "Yeah, I'm fine, I just can't move my legs". LMAO

My singer and lead guitar player ate some Sunday at practice and he said he was up all night. He said, "I learned my lesson last time on your Rice Krispie treats so I was ready". LOL

We played until almost 1 AM so I'll be beat tomorrow. Brownies and coffee are on the menu for breakfast.

Gotta luv edibles when they come out just right.

'night