non-submersible pump question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ZEN,

Is the object in the middle of the foreground your air pump?

Is there anything in particular that I'm supposed to be be looking for and missing or is this just a general visual update?

Looks good ot me.

Great smoking.

yes thats the air pump pic doesnt showthe control res, i dunno wat your lookin to see?

ZEM,

I don't know either. That is why I asked if I was supposed to be looking for something in particular of if this was just a general information picture.

I presume the small squarish looking pieces on top of the lid/table are to cover the unused holes, correct? If so, how do you keep them from leaking?

Looks good to me.

Are these reservoirs made with the surplus vinyl sheeting you used in your DIY? Or are these from a totally different project?

Great smoking.

don yes these squares are wood they cover up the holes perfecctly i dont think they leak any light. yes this is the tray done using vineyl , that was the 1st one i made, this is the 3rd grow in it, and it hasnt's leaked a drop yet :D the one i showed a diy thread on is still unused, you can see its side in the bottom of the pic, i will use it when my clones root cheers ;)

:confused: i tried the venturi valve thing it just pumped water in the air from that airline, i dunno maybe theres something more to it?? hoe do we connect it to the pump so it sucks air with water?

hey zem hows it going? venturi should just slip on output side of the pump. then run air line off the nipple on top of the piece you just connected to output. sometimes if its a shotty design your pump will need to be toward surface of the water so the water pressure wont effect air flow. if this is the case i have run a long pick up tube to the bottom of res & divert output downward to prevent noisy splashing. hope this helps.

thats how i hooked it up, at the output but instead of sucking air in it pumped water out of the airline, the pump isjust below water level and its pumping to a tray above, i thought it should give me bubbles with the pumped water...

Zem are you able to twist the fitting for the air line connection? if so unscrew it a little on some venturi you are able to adjust the ammount of air by twisting this fitting.

Reactions: zem
new pics, they seem to be growing :D

IMG_4424 (Small).jpg

IMG_4423 (Small).jpg

i currently gave up on the venturi thing cuz i removed the pump changed the outlet tried the airline and it pumped water out of airline really felt stupid with wet hands :rofl: until i can understand whats happening i wont try, theres no fitting that i can twist just an outlet

Latest posts

Back