Undifferentiated branching at the top

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafminer

Bloody H E L L !
Reaction score
Previously to getting the greenhouse going I haven't had the opportunity to grow anything to maximum height - sativas in particular being out of the question - but with the Black Dominas, at around 36 - 40" inches, the top starts to get so alternate that it becomes impossible to determine which is the "main stem" any longer. Like suckers on tomato plants almost.

Is this behaviour of the plant an indication that it is approaching its maximum veg height? And, if so, would a larger pot increase the veg height further? The same height was seen with two plants, (both clones) one in a 4.3 gall. insulated container and the other in a 3 gall kitty litter pot, though the one in the container is twice as wide.

I have this growth pattern in a White Widow, only it's all the way through the plant. From clones on up. What's odd is that the seed mother didn't grow this way at all.
Other than this, I can't really answer your Q. :confused:

leafminer said:
but with the Black Dominas, at around 36 - 40" inches, the top starts to get so alternate that it becomes impossible to determine which is the "main stem" any longer. Like suckers on tomato plants almost.

Is this behaviour of the plant an indication that it is approaching its maximum veg height? And, if so, would a larger pot increase the veg height further? The same height was seen with two plants, (both clones) one in a 4.3 gall. insulated container and the other in a 3 gall kitty litter pot, though the one in the container is twice as wide.

Not sure I understand completely what you are saying, but

A larger pot will allow for larger growth, but

the amount AND ratio of Auxins to Cytokinins in your plant will decide if it grows anymore, or if it grows roots or shoots.

My clone Is a Hindu Skunk and it's impossible to tell which is the main stem. It seems like there's 3 or 4 that could be mains. I wanted to FIM her, but wasn't sure which top growth to pinch back. I wonder if clones from a Mom that had been FIM'd before the clone was taken cause this. Since the clone is a duplicate, if mom was sporting 3 or 4 mains at the top, maybe clones won't need to be FIM'd. Just a thought.

I've had this with clones but never seed mothers.

Good thread. I wanna hear about this.

Latest posts

Back