soil mix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budculese

Reaction score
since this is my first grow i'm going with organic top soil for planting but will need to put something in it for drainage so i need suggestions with ratio per 1 gal of size. thank you for any help

1/2 top to 1/4 vermiculite to 1/4 manure works well for me. and if you are in pots (i use them even outside, alot easier to move in case of an emergency) get about an inch of gravel in the bottom of the pots to promote drainage.

i mix in order of volume 2 kilos cococoir/1 gallon S. peatmoss/ 1 gallon pearlite / 1/2 gallon compost(mushroom++)/ 1/2 LB wormcasts,/ 1-1.3 cups botanicare dry bloom. then the bottomof the pots get a 1/5 or so of hydroton, hydroton is a great 'mulch' as well. it wicks, and/or aireates great, but can tear up capalaries if moved often, or in a flood table, some, a 10L bag of hydroton should be &30-35, and last a while, especialy sice you can rinse and reuse - if you want. grow stones are suposivly easier to rinse of salts.

it shouldnt need any more nutes for a couple of weeks, then you can add acoirding to your girlies needs. dont re use the soil, as the nutrient build up will be off, put it in your garden if you have one, or flower bed/pots. check your PH by gathering run off from the bottom, i use grow bags most often, they cost change, yet could last for ever. i dont know how many pots if cracked or smashed.

they are panda plastic too, B&W. get 1 and 3 gals.
;)

Latest posts

Back