Bioballs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pie, what happened to the other thread? Lame to delete a whole thread with content.

So. I decided to email Dr. Patricia A. Rorabaugh who has a Master's degree in Plant Physiology. I asked if ebb was any better than dwc. and the differences between them.

The reply i got was:

Both flood & drain and deep water culture are good methods of hydroponics. I've never heard that one is favored over the other. Both provide water and nutrients to the roots. Oxygen is provided in flood and drain systems every time the water drains. In deep water culture systems one would have to add oxygen via bubblers.
Certainly the choice of plants to grow may be a factor in any results found from a comparison. If you grow large tomato plants, flood & drain many times a day for good aeration but do not use bubblers for aeration in the deep culture system, then yes the flood & drain plants will probably do better. So, make sure your are giving your plants the same conditions (water, nutrients, oxygen and aerial environment). The only difference should be the systems used. Good luck with your project.
Dr. Rorabaugh

I shall be happy to forward the Email to anyone who would want it. she also seems very helpfull if you tell her its for a school project. Hehe.

This is her info page hXXp://ag.arizona.edu/PLS/faculty/rorabaugh.html

I have also asked her to clarify the bold text to be sure that we are getting the correct responce.

And please pie if you have the names of the books could you advise me on the ones you found best.

Cheers

the guy who writes the books pie was talking about is Dr. Resh... google it..
he has some very awsome info..
LH

yeh i checked him out. he has about 10 books. will get a couple.

Jericho said:
yeh i checked him out. he has about 10 books. will get a couple.

He's got some good reading..
i as well have ordered a few lol.. MJ has got me into veggie growign as well i love to grow.. everything and anything lol..
LH

Interested to see how well they work in a hydro set up, I'm sure the roots will take very well in them.

Latest posts

Back